Handheld PTT Mic For PC

muttley004

Handheld PTT Mic For PC

#1 Post by muttley004 » 21 Sep 2022 05:22

Hello,

This is probably for those passionate about tinkering with electronics.

I've been trying to figure out a way to basically get a PTT mic to work on the PC so that I can use it in Convoys and TruckersMP giving a little more immersion.

Basically turning this:

[ external image ]

into a mic for the game and assign the PTT button in-game, so that when I press to talk it does it in-game as well. I've already tried with a 3.5mm adapter but obviously cannot assign any button to the in-game PTT, having to press two buttons (handheld PTT and X key) is not cool...

Has anyone explored something like this or can anyone give some direction?
Crest Intl Haulage

Re: Handheld PTT Mic For PC

#2 Post by Crest Intl Haulage » 22 Sep 2022 03:32

Check this out: https://evolpcgaming.com/store/product/8-heavy-hauler/

I have this, and "The Boss". If you have knowledge of Arduino, you can always do what I did (before I needed lots of buttons), get a CB radio, or radio mic, like the one you posted, change the pin to USB, and program it with an Arduino. Hope this helps.
muttley004

#3 Post by muttley004 » 23 Sep 2022 04:34

Crest Intl Haulage wrote: 22 Sep 2022 03:32 Check this out: https://evolpcgaming.com/store/product/8-heavy-hauler/

I have this, and "The Boss".
Oh wow, that is awesome! I will get it at some point! That is pretty crazy.
Crest Intl Haulage wrote: 22 Sep 2022 03:32 If you have knowledge of Arduino, you can always do what I did (before I needed lots of buttons), get a CB radio, or radio mic, like the one you posted, change the pin to USB, and program it with an Arduino. Hope this helps.
I will definitely look into this as I just finished a project with my raspberry pi for a "wire tripping alert."

And you were able to hotkey it with Arduino so that when you press the PTT on the handheld it would press the X key in-game as well, or whatever key you have assigned?
Crest Intl Haulage

#4 Post by Crest Intl Haulage » 27 Sep 2022 00:55

I also created a custom name for the command for the CB PTT command: "USB CB MIC", and since you have used raspberry pi, you should have no problem with it. If you do need any help please let me know. I built my own parking brake with arduino also, so that could be something cool for you to play around with. It's all trial and error, but pretty fun.

"Keep on trucking"
muttley004

#5 Post by muttley004 » 30 Sep 2022 16:20

Crest Intl Haulage wrote: 27 Sep 2022 00:55 I also created a custom name for the command for the CB PTT command: "USB CB MIC", and since you have used raspberry pi, you should have no problem with it. If you do need any help please let me know. I built my own parking brake with arduino also, so that could be something cool for you to play around with. It's all trial and error, but pretty fun.

"Keep on trucking"
Yup, will do! I bought an arduino and will start messing with it soon.

Thank you!

Return to “Help center - player to player”