Game play revamp

aderoo27

Game play revamp

#1 Post by aderoo27 » 23 Sep 2022 19:19

I will start by saying that the team has made an incredible good job overall for this game, which I have enjoyed for a few years now and have gone through many miles and mods. Yes it is a great game BUT.
But the game play is limited and has not changed much since the start. Yes, we have more great maps, yes we have more details in the trucks and their options, yes we have now tones of mods, but let's admit it, the game play in its self has really not changed over the years at all, aside maybe for multiplayer and convoy capabilities.
Many ideas have been proposed for sure, and as the guidelines for idea proposal mentions clearly, it should be enjoyed by many and not demand that the entire game code needs to be recreated. Yet, many ideas have been suggested that would meet those criteria and add to the way the game is played but have not been touched in any ways. I am not talking about ideas about adding bumps in the road, or adding new trucks, but rather for updates currently handled by mods and that should not (mods are always risky and bound to fail at one point with the game new patches), and updates on how the game is played to keep players interested, which for me is getting really hard. Here is a list of a few items to support my argument:
- Able to rest anywhere. That is what real truckers do. No, not in the middle of the free way, but on off ramps, clear patches of dirt on the road side, etc... No need to implement map triggers, just one key command when the truck is stopped to initiate the rest. Right now even after many player complaints, the current rest stops are still not working in many areas. Even in designated areas there are plenty of parking stop that will not allow you to get the prompt so you can trigger the rest required. How realistic is that?
- Able to get out of the truck to explore, switch truck, attach trailer, what ever.
- Able to see all of your trucks and trailers versus only the one you are driving when going to your garage.
- Accident, speed ticket, light/stop ticket etc requiring to pull over or process paper work as action, not just keep on driving. Keep the cops behind you with sirens blaring and lights until you do
- Harder mode for when switching truck/trailer/garage, not simply moving things around virtually in the back ground. You want to switch truck? Go park the one you have, travel to the garage, etc...
- Other loads that would change game play: Concrete trucks or dump trucks to go load/unload for example, not just attach/detach a trailer
- Why do we see many trucks traveling on the road everywhere, yet, none of them ever enter/exit businesses? They do in parking lots and inspection station. Why not businesses?
Anyways, way too many to list again and again. So, back to my point... can we please have some game changer? Without that, I am afraid this game will lose me overtime and so will others as it does get boring, and adding new maps will not solve that.
This game is so awesome and so well done, but could be so much more if only some development effort was dedicated in upping the game play, not just maps and options.
Is it just me????
trainguy_gaming

Re: Game play revamp

#3 Post by trainguy_gaming » 25 Sep 2022 03:47

aderoo27 wrote: 23 Sep 2022 19:19 I will start by saying that the team has made an incredible good job overall for this game, which I have enjoyed for a few years now and have gone through many miles and mods. Yes it is a great game BUT.
But the game play is limited and has not changed much since the start. Yes, we have more great maps, yes we have more details in the trucks and their options, yes we have now tones of mods, but let's admit it, the game play in its self has really not changed over the years at all, aside maybe for multiplayer and convoy capabilities.
Many ideas have been proposed for sure, and as the guidelines for idea proposal mentions clearly, it should be enjoyed by many and not demand that the entire game code needs to be recreated. Yet, many ideas have been suggested that would meet those criteria and add to the way the game is played but have not been touched in any ways. I am not talking about ideas about adding bumps in the road, or adding new trucks, but rather for updates currently handled by mods and that should not (mods are always risky and bound to fail at one point with the game new patches), and updates on how the game is played to keep players interested, which for me is getting really hard. Here is a list of a few items to support my argument:
- Able to rest anywhere. That is what real truckers do. No, not in the middle of the free way, but on off ramps, clear patches of dirt on the road side, etc... No need to implement map triggers, just one key command when the truck is stopped to initiate the rest. Right now even after many player complaints, the current rest stops are still not working in many areas. Even in designated areas there are plenty of parking stop that will not allow you to get the prompt so you can trigger the rest required. How realistic is that?
- Able to get out of the truck to explore, switch truck, attach trailer, what ever.
- Able to see all of your trucks and trailers versus only the one you are driving when going to your garage.
- Accident, speed ticket, light/stop ticket etc requiring to pull over or process paper work as action, not just keep on driving. Keep the cops behind you with sirens blaring and lights until you do
- Harder mode for when switching truck/trailer/garage, not simply moving things around virtually in the back ground. You want to switch truck? Go park the one you have, travel to the garage, etc...
- Other loads that would change game play: Concrete trucks or dump trucks to go load/unload for example, not just attach/detach a trailer
- Why do we see many trucks traveling on the road everywhere, yet, none of them ever enter/exit businesses? They do in parking lots and inspection station. Why not businesses?
Anyways, way too many to list again and again. So, back to my point... can we please have some game changer? Without that, I am afraid this game will lose me overtime and so will others as it does get boring, and adding new maps will not solve that.
This game is so awesome and so well done, but could be so much more if only some development effort was dedicated in upping the game play, not just maps and options.
Is it just me????
Agreed on all
Raymond7cn

#4 Post by Raymond7cn » 25 Sep 2022 08:50

I have some random thoughts,
1. The moon,
It's too darkness outside even with lights turning on, Isn't it enjoyable to have a moon in the sky? There is a sun.pmd in skybox folder, I thought it's not that difficult to make a moon model as well.
mmexport1663943459672.jpg
2. The sound,
Frankly, The vanilla's sounds are terrible for many years, therefore, peeps spend lots of time seeking more realistic sound mods and some of them who even are willing to paid for them, I myself made some as well by FMOD, However I still feel that it's easy to improve sound as air brake and engine etc.

3. Accident,
Appreciate the random accidents SCS made by now, They did cheer me up while driving through, However I thought it's not enough, why don't enrich this with more varied and interesting things, for instance, A deer runs across the road suddenly? or the drunk AI driver?

Anyways, Nonetheless this is still a great game, It helped me to get my driving license in real life, I love it, so I desire to have a more perfect ATS. :)

Sincerely,
-- Raymond

----- edit-----
Oh BTW,
4, Dashboard Advisor GPS,
These three screens has their individual system, Can SCS provide some approach by which we can use their IDs to make our personal mods more easily? For instance, I want to bring some infos exist in Advisor into Dashboard, But I can't by now.

5, There is Blender tools, Can you bring me the same one in 3ds max? I believe I shall make more Models with that since I'm good (not bad😊) at 3ds max.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Sep 2022 09:13

Raymond7cn wrote: 25 Sep 2022 08:50 Isn't it enjoyable to have a moon in the sky?
#BestCommunityEver said no some years back :)
As we had the wrong location in some cases and no phases always the full moon
Today we do have the moon in the sky but as new moon, first lunar phase :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Sep 2022 09:24

there wont be tools for 3DS Max ever, it would be a wast, SCS doesnt use 3DS Max and for community modding tools it doesnt make any sense at all to develop tools for a program that costs thousands of dollars, other then that. nobody prevents you from making the model in 3DS Max anyway, you only need Blender Tools to make the materials and then convert it for the game
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Sep 2022 09:27

aderoo27 wrote: 23 Sep 2022 19:19 ... can we please have some game changer?
The business model not to release new versions but rely on map DLC seems to have bitten SCS in the back
All suggestions are actually basic requirement to a nice game if released today

But basic game changes can only be done based on income from map DLCs, not many would like the cycle to restart in ETS3, ETS4 etc, like eg train simulator
These are your options

On a running game engine you can only change in small steps for many reason, most important don't break yesterdays release
The iteration of build, test and fixing issues due the changes in the engine is a costly one, which speaks against the many needed changes

Nothing in this world is free it has a cost one way or the other

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Veritas1983

#8 Post by Veritas1983 » 25 Sep 2022 10:00

Code: Select all

The problem with that is you would probably need to program safe zones or safe places so the game will not allow you to rest when shutting off the engine in the middle of the freeway, for instance. 

Maybe, but within a confined space and not being able to just wander everywhere. Yes, you can drive everywhere within the map borders but it's not comparable to a real open world experience.

It would be nice to see your trucks and trailers in the garages where they are assigned to. That would be a good place to be able to switch trucks, too.
And instead of just going to service locations having an option to service your trucks and perhaps trailers in your own garages after a specific amount of distance driven.

Yes, it seems somewhat odd to just have a police vehicle driving by and triggering signals when you're speeding and that's it. 

Adding different game modes with the accompanying options. Easy, Medium, Full Simulation.

Trucks without trailers and being able to drop off goods at different locations along a specific route.

It would actually be nice to see more life and movement within company terrains. Maybe having to wait because a trucker has to enter or exit before you can.

Code: Select all

"But basic game changes can only be done based on income from map DLCs, not many would like the cycle to restart in ETS3, ETS4 etc, like eg train simulator
These are your options

On a running game engine you can only change in small steps for many reason, most important don't break yesterdays release
The iteration of build, test and fixing issues due the changes in the engine is a costly one, which speaks against the many needed changes"

I believe you will ruin the gameplay when choosing to make a complete new game if you will on a different engine. It's also what makes ETS2 and ATS different from it's competitors. Which are actually quite limited already in the truck simulation genre. I just wonder how much longer SCS can keep up with updating their current engine and where the limits will show themselves to be.
Aziz

#9 Post by Aziz » 25 Sep 2022 10:57

plykkegaard wrote: 25 Sep 2022 09:13
Raymond7cn wrote: 25 Sep 2022 08:50 Isn't it enjoyable to have a moon in the sky?
#BestCommunityEver said no some years back :)
As we had the wrong location in some cases and no phases always the full moon
Today we do have the moon in the sky but as new moon, first lunar phase :D
It's always the community's fault. And SCS do what they want anyway so..
Also, why there's an issue with lunar phases, like if there was a problem to make, say, 8 pictures of the moon, changing every day or two to simulate it?
And I assume the people who said no to the moon have no problem with the whole game world being stuck forever in a day in June. It's groundhog day everyone! If the day doesn't change, why would the night?
plykkegaard

#10 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Sep 2022 11:25

Aziz wrote: 25 Sep 2022 10:57 It's always the community's fault.
In this case it is, learn the story

Sorry couldn't find the full story due to threads been archived
Flemming V wrote: 28 Aug 2015 13:30 The moon has been removed and has not been in game since version 1.17.0.1s (April 2015)

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”