Second player as a passenger in a convoy [Important]

Would you like to see this feature in Euro Truck Simulator 2?

Yes, it's an absolutely great feature. Must be added!
53%
No, I don't like this idea. Don't add this please!
47%

Total votes: 30

parkins0n66

Second player as a passenger in a convoy [Important]

#1 Post by parkins0n66 » 27 Sep 2022 01:16

[ external image ]

Greetings citizens! Before start reading this topic please listen to me for a while: it's all about US, me and you and every person in ETS 2. This feature MUST BE added no matter how: by official SCS developers or just modders.

And some words about me: I'm writing these lines with all of my heart and passion. The idea that potentionally will help thousands of players really inspires me and I'll try to do everything to make it real.

Thanks SCS Software for adding official convoy multiplayer and even so letting other people use mods and play together as they wish. Today I'll try to describe a thing that might bring another thousands of people in-game but most important it'll be absolutely useful for all the current players!

Here we are — a passenger feature in convoy. Not a passenger mod with bots in the truck, bus or a car but a real passenger! For example your friend, a girlfriend or even a wife. They're just sitting with you in the same transport, see the road exactly as you see and that's it. Genius ideas are always simple but most people can't even realize it. While you're driving with your friend you may just use in-voice chat or Discord and talk about your business (how was your day, what's going on at the school and bla-bla-bla).

I found an article on this forum about that idea but to be honest it just came into my mind just today and now I'm acting like a maniac that this feature not should but MUST BE added as I said earlier. It's an extremely simple (as I think) and an extremely tremendous change in the gameplay of ETS 2.

So, let's talk about how I see it might be realized exactly in-game:

1) Difficult way (maybe): I call it difficult only because I'm not a modder and I've never been him before. So, we need to somehow make another person appear in your truck and see exactly the same way as you see. We have two sides of the interior on our trucks, Europe and UK based. Left and right, so the driver sits on the left and a passenger on the right. I don't really know anything about modding you have to understand it but I firmly believe that it's really possible to add it. And it's not that hard as adding perfect synchronization of convoy multiplayer as SCS developers did for example. Just an interior camera that based on the opposite side of the driver.

2) Simple way (screenshots below): we have a free camera that we can use by pressing "0" button if everything is enabled in the console. The thing is that we can somehow freeze the camera inside the truck and when the truck goes the camera will also go because it must be fixed inside the interior. The bad side of this method is the interior looks a bit ugly because in the free camera it has low textures instead of normal view. I guess this method is way easier than the first one but people always want quality. We leave that method on those times if this topic will disappear after several days of discussion.

[ external image ][ external image ]

Now let's talk about pros and cons of this convoy passenger feature.

Pros:
— the superb gameplay change
— not that difficult as it seems
— it brings >1000+ online because it's all about interactive, a friend will invite another friend to drive together
— future updates are easy and a basic mechanic can be used by modders
— people will spend more time in-game together (we need each other!)

Cons:
— to be honest I don't really see it. It's a win-win strategy. If developers add this feature the game will play with absolutely new oils. I don't ask about jogging around the world but just add a simple thing to drive together inside the truck with your relative

What other people think in the previous topic about the same idea? Just some quotes:
Very good idea, the music in the truck should be synced between players, and have the ability to switch driver on truck stops.
So much yes!
It would also be interesting to be able to change places. When the driver gets tired, the passenger can take over. It would cut down on stops during long trips.
Cool idea!
And some words after all of these. If this topic dies I will literally die as well, I know that it sounds egoistic but I'm worried not just about me but for all of you guys. This feature will bring many new emotions and feelings, I bet 100% for that. If you agree with me please do not let this topic die. Any comment or any activity is highly appreciated. If you'd like to communicate with me about creating it as a separate mod please also let me know! I'll put all of my vibes to test and give my opinion.

But inside of my heart I deeply believe that SCS Software developers will add that feature. After that ETS 2 will be an absolutely another game about how every person on planet Earth is important for another one.

Much love and happy trucking citizens! <3

Does it realistically fit the simulation aspects of the game?
Yes, it absolutely does!

Can it be implemented under the current technology used by the game? (I.E, is it too demanding on the games engine or would it require a complete change in the code base of the game?)
Yes, I think so. Just a synchronized camera feature or something that connect you into the same truck but on different seats.

Does your idea add enough to gameplay to be worth the time invested in implementing it? (For instance, adding a "walk around the truck and inspect the brakes, tires and clamps" doesn't really add to gameplay. It's just a cinematic event.)
Yes, it adds the most powerful gameplay change ever existed in ETS 2 since a convoy was added.

Consider how your idea affects other aspects of the game. A "random tire blowout" simulation may affect the delivery times needed. Otherwise players will find that getting paid nothing because of a random tire blowout quite annoying and boring. Likewise, having more time for delivery means less pressure under normal circumstances.
It doesn't affect other aspects because it's the same as the driver sees everything around him.

How many players will/may enjoy your requested feature? For instance, if you were to ask for force feedback simulation in your custom FFB gear selector... How many players would be able to enjoy this as only a few may own the device in question.
More than 90% of the players will enjoy this feature, you have to believe me.

Does your idea have any discussion value that warrants a separate thread? If it's a small and simple idea then it belongs in the Wishlists Megathread.
Yes, it has a tremendous discussion value.

Useful topics according to this feature:
1) viewtopic.php?t=308266 (this is how I'd like to see a second player)
2) viewtopic.php?t=303483 (a previous topic that unfortunately died)
parkins0n66

Re: Second player as a passenger in a convoy [Important]

#2 Post by parkins0n66 » 27 Sep 2022 10:03

Please if you vote negative let us know why did you choose this "NO" option. It's a real pity to see how people just press "NO" in the vote and don't describe their opinion about the feature. As I said earlier I don't see any cons of that, I wish SCS Developers will research this topic and take their attention for adding this feature into the game. And also if there are just modder enthusiasts please get in touch with me and we can describe how to realize this mod in-game.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”