Animal-Vehicle Collissions

paytonsnewheart

Animal-Vehicle Collissions

#1 Post by paytonsnewheart » 27 Sep 2022 17:13

What do you think of having animals run in front of your truck? We already have some animals in the game, and some can just run across the street. I have a feeling it's very farfetched due to licensing and may be graphic, but squirrels, birds, deer, and other animals run across the street in front of cars all the time. This could make the game more realistic, but again, there are some issues such as licensing and don't want those with a sensitive stomach to be queasy. This idea happens a lot in forests, and I think it would be great if it was in Montana, Washington, Oregon, etc.
Last edited by paytonsnewheart on 28 Oct 2022 21:33, edited 2 times in total.
Heart Transplant Recipient
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
jab98

Re: Animal-Vehicle Collissions

#2 Post by jab98 » 28 Sep 2022 14:31

It would be cool, but given that the game is geared towards a broad range of people across all age groups it’s not probable to have because how graphic that is. That being said it would be nice to still have more wildlife in the game. See deer running through fields, see birds land and take off from trees and hear them chirping etc.
JoeAlex23

#3 Post by JoeAlex23 » 28 Sep 2022 14:36

That will never happen, and no, is not because of licenses, it's because the PEGI rating the games have and SCS will not change that.
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 28 Sep 2022 17:55

paytonsnewheart wrote: 27 Sep 2022 17:13 What do you think of having animals run in front of your truck? We already have some animals in the game, and some can just run across the street. I have a feeling it's very far fetched due to licensing and maybe graphic, but squirrels, birds, deer, and other animals run across the street in front of cars all the time. This could make the game more realistic, but again, there are some issues such as licensing and don't want those with a sensitive stomach to be queasy. This happens a lot in forests, and I think it would be great if it was in Montana, Washington, Oregon, etc.
First we would need animals, and there are only a handful currently in the game.

But you can't expect a realistic roadkill collision in this game (nor should it be tbh). At best, it would be like hitting a car in game. Hear a sound; get a small increase in vehicle damage. Likely the collision would just despawn the animal.
nater6540

#5 Post by nater6540 » 29 Sep 2022 21:26

paytonsnewheart wrote: 27 Sep 2022 17:13 What do you think of having animals run in front of your truck? We already have some animals in the game, and some can just run across the street. I have a feeling it's very far fetched due to licensing and maybe graphic, but squirrels, birds, deer, and other animals run across the street in front of cars all the time. This could make the game more realistic, but again, there are some issues such as licensing and don't want those with a sensitive stomach to be queasy. This happens a lot in forests, and I think it would be great if it was in Montana, Washington, Oregon, etc.
Yeah, those deer and other animal crossing signs scattered all over the map would actually make sense if that feature was added.
Optional Features

#6 Post by Optional Features » 30 Sep 2022 01:14

Yep, it's like a random road event. But it's actually an event instead of a static scene. The same could be done with boulders in canyons or trees in heavily forested areas, especially during storms.

If everything goes perfectly 100% of the time, things just become boring.
paytonsnewheart

#7 Post by paytonsnewheart » 30 Sep 2022 04:03

jab98 wrote: 28 Sep 2022 14:31 It would be cool, but given that the game is geared towards a broad range of people across all age groups it’s not probable to have because how graphic that is. That being said it would be nice to still have more wildlife in the game. See deer running through fields, see birds land and take off from trees and hear them chirping etc.

We can have an area where we can see animals roaming around in the woods, especially around Yellowstone National Park!
Last edited by paytonsnewheart on 28 Oct 2022 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
paytonsnewheart

#8 Post by paytonsnewheart » 30 Sep 2022 04:05

JoeAlex23 wrote: 28 Sep 2022 14:36 That will never happen, and no, is not because of licenses, it's because the PEGI rating the games have and SCS will not change that.

I see tumbleweeds or hay barrels across the world. Although someone mentioned that there's a setting for random road events and that can be turned on, I'm not sure.
Last edited by paytonsnewheart on 28 Oct 2022 21:31, edited 2 times in total.
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
paytonsnewheart

#9 Post by paytonsnewheart » 30 Sep 2022 04:06

It's interesting to see the police pulling people over. I know that sometimes there's a collision aftermath and the cop is there, but what to do when a car is speeding and the police are chasing it?
Last edited by paytonsnewheart on 29 Oct 2022 06:02, edited 3 times in total.
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
JoeAlex23

#10 Post by JoeAlex23 » 30 Sep 2022 04:40

paytonsnewheart wrote: 30 Sep 2022 04:05
JoeAlex23 wrote: 28 Sep 2022 14:36 That will never happen, and no, is not because of licenses, it's because the PEGI rating the games have and SCS will not change that.
I see tumbleweeds or hay barrels across the world. Although, someone mentioned that there's a setting for random road events and that can be turned on, but I'm not sure.
What does that has to do with anything? tumbleweeds are not living things that you kill when you go over them, SCS will not add any kind of gore or "violence" in their games, that's the point i'm making.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”