Animal-Vehicle Collissions

Optional Features

Re: Animal-Vehicle Collissions

#11 Post by Optional Features » 30 Sep 2022 05:54

paytonsnewheart wrote: 30 Sep 2022 04:05 I see tumbleweeds or hay barrels across the world. Although, someone mentioned that there's a setting for random road events and that can be turned on, but I'm not sure.
Yep, it could function the same way, just with a collision and a vehicle damage percentage.

There is no need for blood or even seeing a dead animal at all. Even GTA doesn't have graphic animal-vehicle collisions.

Like I said above, it could be set that as soon as you hit the collision (visibly represented by an animal), that one just disappears.

But the goal should be to not hit it in the first place. It would keep drivers on their toes a bit, especially at night (when animals are most present on roads).
Aziz

#12 Post by Aziz » 30 Sep 2022 09:48

seriousmods wrote: 30 Sep 2022 05:54 But the goal should be to not hit it in the first place.
Haven't seen more naive thinking in a while.
You know damn well there are people who'd try to hit as many of these as possible.
And, according to official game rating sources, even implied violence (not in cartoonish or childlike setting) bumps up the rating. ETS2 and ATS sit at pegi 3 and that is not going to change, period.
There's a reason why pedestrians were removed from the sidewalks along with all the barriers protecting them from some bloodthirsty 7 year old who'd like to drive over people in a peaceful trucking game.
Optional Features

#13 Post by Optional Features » 30 Sep 2022 16:36

Aziz wrote: 30 Sep 2022 09:48 Haven't seen more naive thinking in a while.
You know damn well there are people who'd try to hit as many of these as possible.
And, according to official game rating sources, even implied violence (not in cartoonish or childlike setting) bumps up the rating. ETS2 and ATS sit at pegi 3 and that is not going to change, period.
There's a reason why pedestrians were removed from the sidewalks along with all the barriers protecting them from some bloodthirsty 7 year old who'd like to drive over people in a peaceful trucking game.
Could you please explain how Farming Sim and Construction Sim have PEGI 3 ratings without such protective measures and at least for CS far more pedestrians walking about the world on sidewalks? The CS pedestrians also cross the road at crosswalks.

It's always funny to see how the SCS community finds reasoning in the most interesting ways. It's not that the game world is nearly devoid of life: it's that more life would cause the game rating to decrease. Hmm.
PBandJ

#14 Post by PBandJ » 30 Sep 2022 20:22

You can't hit the animals in FS causing any damage they just pop out other side of vehicle still running. Same with the pedestrians. One walks in front of you on a path or street and you don't have to do anything different such as stop to allow them to cross. That is not very realistic either. I don't need to see deer on the road or near it. In the fields or forests viewing them from a distance would be ok. There is only so much "realism" you can put in a game.
paytonsnewheart

#15 Post by paytonsnewheart » 01 Oct 2022 04:47

JoeAlex23 wrote: 30 Sep 2022 04:40
paytonsnewheart wrote: 30 Sep 2022 04:05

I see tumbleweeds or hay barrels across the world. Although, someone mentioned that there's a setting for random road events and that can be turned on, but I'm not sure.
What does that has to do with anything? tumbleweeds are not living things that you kill when you go over them, SCS will not add any kind of gore or "violence" in their games, that's the point i'm making.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/d ... 418638748/
Heart Transplant Recipient
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
donfede

#16 Post by donfede » 02 Oct 2022 22:03

Please, no animal-vehicle collisions in these games.

There was a nice article published earlier this year by Technology Review on animal crossings, with examples around the globe. A pleasure to see ATS and ETS2 have several animal crossings.

"Inside the experimental world of animal infrastructure" by Matthew Ponsford circa 2022-June-16.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/0 ... structure/
Last running ETS2 and ATS on Debian GNU/Linux old-stable "stretch" 9 64bit
Laqueesha

#17 Post by Laqueesha » 07 Oct 2022 17:49

We do have some animal crossings, one road in Oregon has deer running across it though you can't hit them. Hitting them might not change the ESRB rating since some mild cartoony violence is allowed for an E rating.
xXCARL1992Xx

#18 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Oct 2022 17:53

running over animals is not cartoon violance :person_facepalming:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Laqueesha

#19 Post by Laqueesha » 07 Oct 2022 18:08

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 07 Oct 2022 17:53 running over animals is not cartoon violance :person_facepalming:
Eh, this game is rated E and you can run over animals (pretty bloody at that).
Aziz

#20 Post by Aziz » 07 Oct 2022 18:29

Does this look like realistic setting? That is cartoonish violence. Also, isn't that a game from an arcade machine?

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”