Commonly seen vehicles still missing on the in game AI

Trenero

Commonly seen vehicles still missing on the in game AI

#1 Post by Trenero » 29 Sep 2022 19:16

I would like to start this topic after seen a similar post in the ATS area of the forum.
This topic would be used to enumerate commonly seen vehicles that are still missing on the in game AI.

Let me start with some vehicles:
  • Alumium high wall tippers: This ones are already in game since the update for ownable tippers,(In game i think are called Aluminium Long) and are currently missing from AI and also from quick jobs and jobs, I think(At least in my country) this high wall aluminium tippers(Aluminium long in game, in Aluminum colour) and the low wall steel ones(steel short in game, the one currently in AI) are the most commonly seen and would be in my opinion the perfect mix to have both in AI and in the jobs.
    And I think the most seen colour of this type of tipper is Aluminium unpainted with small decal logos.
    [ external image ]
  • Selfpropeled cranes, this one is already in game as cargo, and IRL you can see it circulating on the roads, in fact in my country this type are much more common than the crane already in AI, would be nice to have both in AI
    [ external image ]
  • Small rollback body for roadside assistance and tow.
    Can be fited in Iveco Daily, Mitsubishi Fuso, Mercedes Sprinter... and be in AI loaded and unloaded, can be also used in small aleatory events like a car break down.
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Milk pickup truck, they are usually 4x2, 6x2 or 6x4, rigid trucks with a Isoterm polish stainless steel tank and a pump, sometimes they also have a dolly trailer attached.
    This truck can be made by for example adding a new bed for the Tedom Fox already in game.
    Is usually seen in rural areas and around milk products factories, can also be useful as decoration in farms and other prefabs.
    Apart of a generic paint job, this truck could have also a specific paintjob for each country making it also in the paintjob of already in game companies for that.
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Final delivery Supermarket trucks, the trucks that transport the goods from the Supermarket brand regional depot to the proximity supermarkets itself, they are usually 4x2 or 6x2 (usually rear stear)rigid trucks with taillift to be able to unload without docks and can be reefer or not.
    Apart of a generic paint job, this truck could have also a specific paintjob for each country making it also in the paintjob of already in game companies for that.
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Gas delivery truck, currently in game you can see a Diesel delivery truck, Gas delivery trucks are also common, and can be made adding a new tank to the existing AI truck for example.
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    There are also trucks for deliver gas cylinders or gas bottles, but this ones are more region specific because each country has their own form for the bottles.here one from Spain.
    [ external image ]
  • Small and old tractors usually seen in rural roads with small agricultural attachments or towing small 1 axle trailers. Can be AI in rural roads, (like right now the harvester) or in small rural towns can be used also in prefabs as decoration.
    [ external image ]
Everyone feel free to add more vehicles to the list.
Trenero

Re: Commonly seen vehicles still missing on the in game AI

#2 Post by Trenero » 30 Sep 2022 14:46

Few more vehicles:
  • Porta container/dumpster body, there are two type of this type, the hook ones and the ones that are pick up with chains(this ones are usually smallers).
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
Trenero

#3 Post by Trenero » 10 Oct 2022 14:23

More vehicles to the list:
Laqueesha

#4 Post by Laqueesha » 23 May 2023 02:01

Iceland, Russia, and Norway use Ford Explorer police cars. The ATS Ford Explorer police car could be ported over to ETS2 to make them. At the moment each country only has one cop car, whereas in ATS there are multiples for each state.
linp6

#5 Post by linp6 » 23 May 2023 02:50

There are some multiple kinds of ambulance in Europe as well, like Truck-based ambulance, Ford F-Series, and more
Laqueesha

#6 Post by Laqueesha » 27 May 2023 16:07

Yeah, Benelux used Chevrolet Express ambulances for a time.
velles

#7 Post by velles » 29 May 2023 21:49

Most of these vehicles types other than rigid trucks and road assistance vehicles aren't commonly seen vehicles but quite niche ones.
What's the point of having a ladder or 4x4 fire truck in the game? Why should it spawn on the highway? We already have an airport style truck spawning on the highway for no reason, no need to add another pointless fire truck. Same with things like sewage trucks - why would they spawn on a highway?
Rigids obviously should be added but not just as an AI but also driveable trucks.

IMO the most noticeable vehicle types that ETS2 lacks are:
- more SUVs (this doesn't actually requires to model new vehicles from scratch, just convert Jeep Grand Cherokee and Subaru Outback from ATS)
- small vans (like Mercedes Citan, VW Caddy, Ford Transit Connect or Citroen Berlingo)
- at least one pickup (because they startet to becoming popular in Europe as well - preferably something like Dodge RAM or Ford Ranger)
- newest gen of VW Golf
- 1980s Fiat Panda as a classic car in Italy and Spain (they're still quite common even today)

But at this point I don't know if I want any new AI vehicles from SCS because it seems from now on they are going to be fictional GTA style vehicles (sometimes altered even more than actual GTA vehicles)
viewtopic.php?t=320021
dsf.fernando

#8 Post by dsf.fernando » 31 May 2023 03:04

In Portugal, it's estimated that over 20% of the automobiles are at least 20 years old, here are some cars which could be good additions to the AI traffic:
- Mercedes C-Class MK1, Audi A4 MK1 and BMW E36 and E46 3-Series
- a taxi version of the Mercedes C-Class wagon seen in the game
- MK1 Fiat Punto, MK2 Renault Clio, Opel Corsa B and C, Citroen Saxo
- MK2 and MK3 SEAT Ibiza, MK1 SEAT León, VW Golf MK4
- MK1 Renault Megane, MK2 Opel Astra, MK1 Ford Focus, MK1 Skoda Octavia
- Minitrucks like Toyota Dyna (pre-2015) and Mitsubishi Canter

Outside of Lisbon and Porto, you can even still see cars such as Fiat Uno, Renault Twingo, Renault 5, Peugeot 205 and Opel Corsa A running around

This kind of vehicle, used to transport medical squads to the places of accidents (most common models used are the Mondeo SW and the Passat Variant, but at least one Skoda Octavia was seen in my research, apparently, they must be station wagons): Is it already available in the game?
[ external image ]
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”