Contract System - Industrial Supply - Job Rework

Emme

Contract System - Industrial Supply - Job Rework

#1 Post by Emme » 01 Oct 2022 09:01

Hi there.

My suggestion would be to completely rework the industrial supply hauling by adding a new contracts / jobs system.

For example:

A sawmill needs an "x" amount of goods like "tools and certain industrial vehicles" to keep the production going within' an "y" amount of time.

My idea is beeing able to sign big contracts with such industries to supply them with the stuff they need to keep going. You should also be able to use your employees for fulfilling the contracts.

They should come in different variations like small, medium, big and and mega contracts (deliver 10.000 tons within a ingame week) for example.

This would make the hauling feel much more relevant and make the industry in ATS/ETS feel alive. It could also mean having another source of income.

Best regards.
Optional Features

Re: Contract System - Industrial Supply - Job Rework

#2 Post by Optional Features » 01 Oct 2022 09:40

Contract hauling (with ai drivers and convoy friends) is something that is badly needed.
Optional Features

#3 Post by Optional Features » 02 Oct 2022 07:03

Agreed! I've been hauling wind turbine parts lately: would love to be able to contract with Vitas for all six parts of the turbine instead of trying to find individual loads.
Vk56dehan

#4 Post by Vk56dehan » 02 Oct 2022 11:14

I love this idea. I would like it if the contracts were reasonably timed (play time not real). Like contracted to haul parts to build said windmill within 7 days or something like that. Possibilities are endless.
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 02 Oct 2022 20:17

Vk56dehan wrote: 02 Oct 2022 11:14 I love this idea. I would like it if the contracts were reasonably timed (play time not real). Like contracted to haul parts to build said windmill within 7 days or something like that. Possibilities are endless.
Yep, exactly. The real life ice roads operate on a similar principle: there are a set number of loads on trailers at one end and a limited season to get them to their destinations.

I would love that to be possible in game. Pull into a yard and there are a dozen trailers to choose from, all of which need to be hauled to one place.
Emme

#6 Post by Emme » 02 Oct 2022 23:05

BHJ wrote: 02 Oct 2022 05:25 Contracts is such a good idea, maybe connecting them to some experience skill points that had to be set to be able to get harder and bigger contracts. Would really give the +1 year players some gameplay other than "just" driving and buying stuff.
Exactly. These contracts would at least provide some kind of meaningful progression in the game. I absolutely don't understand how this is not a thing yet after so many years of ATS/ETS?

We should really push the idea forward to the devs imo.
RodKnocker

#7 Post by RodKnocker » 14 Oct 2022 13:11

I would like to see the wind turbine parts actually weigh in game what they do in the real world. All other equipment is pretty much spot on. I'm pretty sure it would be an easy fix.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”