ATS 1.46 Discussion Thread

parasaurolophus67

Re: ATS 1.46 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#261 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 07 Oct 2022 19:19

Maybe damaged products that were mishandled.
halbtollekreatur

#262 Post by halbtollekreatur » 07 Oct 2022 19:22

I used to work in a car part factory. Such stuff normaly goes into roll-off containers.
parasaurolophus67

#263 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 07 Oct 2022 19:24

well I can't really think much on that. Tho you can use The Scania and Volvo factories as examples because they have dumpers there in ETS2
Optional Features

#264 Post by Optional Features » 07 Oct 2022 19:28

The chip van is quite funny: what kind of grocery store is served by bulk chip trailers. 😂

Nice to see more companies, though.
SuchManor

#265 Post by SuchManor » 07 Oct 2022 19:35

Yeah not sure why a few of those company skins are for trailers they wouldnt use.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
flight50

#266 Post by flight50 » 07 Oct 2022 19:39

Vk56dehan wrote: 07 Oct 2022 18:51 I cant play knowing there is more im not exploring. Honestly its so reasonably priced I cant complain, at least for me.
Ikr, lol. This is me. I make sure I am around for ATS maps. ETS2 maps I usually just wait til the weekend. I always take pto for ATS maps though. Zero chance of me concentrating at work if I know a new ATS map is out.

With everything 1.46 is bringing......new companies, new tankers, new Ai vehicles, Texas.....maybe even truck washes and most definitely should be some new cargoes, its going to be a fun xmas event. Montana is still pretty new as well and with Texas in place, we get a ton of roads. If ProMods releases another update with more roads to close out the year, that will make 1.46 that much more fun. There's new companies between Montana and Texas that can get implemented. So far (iirc), all companies are added to the base files. I'm not sure about the one offs like airports and sea ports that are one of a kind.

I think of all the new companies coming to ATS, I'm most excited about the new farming companies and construction companies. This should mean minimal or zero times we see multiple Sunshine Crops/Bushnells and Plaster & Sons in the same city.....I hope. Its this type of variety I've been crying for. Especially with so much agriculture coming. Texas is huge, I get it so it takes time. The rewards will be worth the effort though. But its time for change. Time had to be spent to make a lot more companies and prefabs. Just because Texas is big doesn't mean reuse the same companies in the same cities everywhere. This diversity was soooo necessarily and I'm super pumped it came. As large as Texas is, it could have also made repetitive companies in the same cities even more obvious. The negativity would have been quite high is my guess. We'll never know because SCS addressed it. Yesssssss baby.

I'm liking this close out of 2022 with how the ATS map is shaping up to be. I'm gonna be stoked to see what's on the xmas stream. Every year I'm on the edge of my seat smiling at everything that is said.
Optional Features

#267 Post by Optional Features » 07 Oct 2022 19:41

SuchManor wrote: 07 Oct 2022 19:35 Yeah not sure why a few of those company skins are for trailers they wouldnt use.
Yeah, the dump and chip vans are the weird ones.

I think the devs have a bit of research left on how those work.
flight50

#268 Post by flight50 » 07 Oct 2022 19:56

seriousmods wrote: 07 Oct 2022 19:28 The chip van is quite funny: what kind of grocery store is served by bulk chip trailers. 😂

Nice to see more companies, though.
The description says waste paper and used packaging. I questioned it at first too until I read the description. Its valid imo. Its no worse than the skin for Kenworth being on a reefer. I can't make that one make sense but I can justify the chipper and the dumper.

Ai getting a dumper could easily be scrap metal, glass waste or tires to dispose now that we have a waste station. The waste transfer station has glass and tires bins. Scrap metal, we have Avalanche to haul to. If I spent a little more time researching, I bet I could come up with a couple more uses for the chipper and dumper for the questioned companies.

edit
Busted up wooden pallets can also leave in dumpers. It would be a nice interesting cargo to do damaged pallets. Plants get shipments of all sorts of things on trucks. Not all pallets leave the facility or get reused due to poor condition. Better off trashing them or send to recycling to become chips or something.
Last edited by flight50 on 07 Oct 2022 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Bedavd

#269 Post by Bedavd » 07 Oct 2022 20:01

I also imagine there are more trailers to come. No liveries for a number of new companies that I was expecting to see so likely further updates will have more added.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
halbtollekreatur

#270 Post by halbtollekreatur » 07 Oct 2022 20:02

The waste-theory about the dumper is probably right. Even though it's not quite common to use dumpers instead of roll-off containers. Al long as we don't have to pick up the dumpster from the gates of the warehouse ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”