ATS 1.46 Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: ATS 1.46 Discussion Thread

#1021 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Nov 2022 16:15

this never happend to me on the truck, maybe it was broken once and then fixed again but for years the truck axle stayed up in ETS and ATS, trailer on the other hand are reset because the whole trailer is reloaded, wich resets the trailer axle
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#1022 Post by flight50 » 30 Nov 2022 17:06

Yeah they fixed it once after 8x4's came with 1.40 iirc. Then it broke again and I just now noticed it fixed. I pretty only us the W900 and I only noticed it with WoT jobs.
Tristman

#1023 Post by Tristman » 01 Dec 2022 10:03

I keep getting a lot of Wallbert trailers on the WoT market that are I think the sliding tarp ones, they have like faded edges on the typical Wallbert livery.
Boy, does that trailer not look up to par compared to other trailers. I hope they rework it at some point.

Also yesterday in traffic, I saw a truck hauling an AI Automotive dumper trailer. Is that supposed to be still in, or did they forget to remove it entirely?
rsr

#1024 Post by rsr » 06 Dec 2022 17:20

Sorry to tag you @Oscar but I need to clarify this info.
So I just set my driveshaft torque slider all the way to the right but the effect is still barely noticeable with the suspension/stability at default, so I lowered those all way to the left to make it more visible, but at the same time the effect on the suspension became much more organic, it made the truck crazy wobbly and sensitive at higher speeds, even though Im driving under the speed limit. (I use a logitech wheel)

I saw an older post by you, I believe it was 1.35 at the time, confirming that setting suspension/stability all way to the left is the most realistic setting you could get, but then I saw a more recent post by Max after 1.42 viewtopic.php?p=1623909#p1623909 saying that the physics computation is more precise at default slider values, as setting it to lowest values could give a more real-like feeling but also would make other aspects "terribly off".

Although I can confirm the truck seem to have a more reasonable movement at higher speeds when suspension/stability sliders at default, you feel the suspension have no work at all at lower speeds, as it gives the feeling the truck got some insanely stiff shock absorbers. The same goes to the opposite when putting the sliders to the left, the truck suspension works fine at lower speeds but at highway speeds it becomes crazy bouncy.

So could you please tell if setting the suspension/stability all the way to the left still the most realistic setting you could get on current 1.46, aswell as explaining a bit more of the technical stuff mentioned by Max in that post ,if possible?
GT182

#1025 Post by GT182 » 06 Dec 2022 23:02

:o SCS finally did what's been asked for. I just found a new feature that came with 1.46 I was shocked to see it. Repairs. Yep, I just had a truck in Quick Jobs break down in Cedar City on the Interstate. Light came on saying, not sure of the exact wording, I had to stop for repairs soon. The only place close was in St George. Only the way the truck completely shut down twice.... on the Interstate. I got it started again but could only run at 30 mph. Faster and it shut down again. I finally got to the repair shop in St. George, and everything was fixed to the tune of $18,000. The company has insurance to cover it. The company only had to pay $1885.00 of the bill. Repairs were for the engine and chassis and only took 1 hour of sim time. I no idea at al it was going to happen. It's the one reason I was begging for upgrade and repairs to be in our company garages. Maybe that can happen now by SCS or a mod. Tho better if SCS would do it.

So be prepared for repairs. :lol:
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
nautofon

#1027 Post by nautofon » 07 Dec 2022 00:37

@GT182 Could you clarify what's new about that? I mean, maybe I'm being dense, but it seems to me you're describing a system that's been in place since I started playing five years ago.
-MLP-

#1028 Post by -MLP- » 07 Dec 2022 00:43

Yeah, I don't get it... It's been like that since forever.
Bandit & The Snowman

#1029 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 07 Dec 2022 01:13

And the engine goes out randomly when a certain damage level has been reached, this does not depend on the speed you go btw.
Also that damage can be as simple as worn tires, yes tires. Makes the engine fail. Or the highest gear drops out. Still does after all these years.
GT182

#1030 Post by GT182 » 07 Dec 2022 01:40

I've never seen it before now. And I was set up so it should have had repairs needed show up. So that's why I was shocked to see it. And I've never read anyone mention anything about repairs before now.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “General discussion about the game”