ATS 1.46 Discussion Thread

Teraz Kurde My

Re: ATS 1.46 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#151 Post by Teraz Kurde My » 05 Oct 2022 12:27

The torque of the rotary shaft causes the movement of the steering wheel, in my case the G29. Is there an option to disable this effect ? I tried in the options to increase the stiffness of the suspension and it was better, but the more the stiffness is set to the right, the steering wheel does not react as much, but in return the front of the truck lifts less during acceleration.

The second question is best for the developers. In 1.46 OB WS 57X and Freightleiner Cascadia the navigation displays have a better resolution than before, while in the other trucks it is clear that nothing has been done in this regard, while after buying a cell phone or windshield navigation in all trucks the navigation is the same resolution as in 57X and Cascadia. Is there anything planned in this regard ?
World of Trucks: https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4534606

I use google translator
gaillard

#152 Post by gaillard » 05 Oct 2022 12:34

See message 35 here by Supersobes (page 4).
Vk56dehan

#153 Post by Vk56dehan » 05 Oct 2022 12:37

Teraz Kurde My wrote: 05 Oct 2022 12:27 The torque of the rotary shaft causes the movement of the steering wheel, in my case the G29. Is there an option to disable this effect ? I tried in the options to increase the stiffness of the suspension and it was better, but the more the stiffness is set to the right, the steering wheel does not react as much, but in return the front of the truck lifts less during acceleration.
Idk if there is an option other than just turn tq twist off. The higher the suspension setting, the less it will rock, in turn the less it will steer into the lean. To simulate tq twist, part of that is the steering turning into the lean. Try relaxing on the throttle from a dig, less throttle = less tq Less tq = tq twist.

Edit: what gaillard said ^
Holzauge

#154 Post by Holzauge » 05 Oct 2022 12:51

Thanks @Vk56dehan ! :) I will try. After trying out several trucks now, I noticed they behave differently... Very good work!

Usually at rest stops and weigh stations time is slowing down. But recently (not specific 1.46) I encountered more and more places, where time keeps ticking on (mainly Wyoming and Montana). Worst example is the weigh station north of Idaho Falls on Interstate 15. If you get kindly asked to show up and stick to the speed limits you loose more than an hour time. (way too much, if you ask me) Would be very nice if those were corrected...
VDMA
Madkine
Global moderator

#155 Post by Madkine » 05 Oct 2022 12:56

BHJ wrote: 05 Oct 2022 12:13 About the Company Browser. This could sound annoyed/angry, promise you I am not :) just curious. What is the point of the company Browser? is it that I search for my perfect job and when I find it and then go to the job marked and find that same Job again? why not add a take-job button in the Company Browser seems like a better job searcher that the old job marked? or is this already your future intent for it?
The browser shows all possible jobs, not all available jobs. So no you can't add a take job button, as the jobs being displayed aren't necessarily avialable at that point in time.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
The Dude

#156 Post by The Dude » 05 Oct 2022 12:59

I really like the fact that SCS is adding these "features" to the game without modders having to add them to the mods, Makes life a whole lot easier with updates and I'm digging the "torque" effect.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
supersobes
Global moderator

#157 Post by supersobes » 05 Oct 2022 14:23

Holzauge wrote: 05 Oct 2022 05:15 I am trying the beta with my 57X at the moment. The page of the dashboard I am using is reset when loading a game save. So - in my case - I have to press "I" three times each time I load a saved game. Very inconvenient! Edit: I even happens after turning off the engine. Is this realistic? If so, I'll have to deal with it!...
That is definitely a bug. It has been reported.
rsr

#158 Post by rsr » 05 Oct 2022 14:30

I restarted my pc twice since the Beta and im using the Driveshaft torque ON, and on those 2 times the driveshaft option kept resetting to off, but the checkbox was marked as if it was ON, so I unchecked and rechecked again and it works normal again.
rsr

#159 Post by rsr » 05 Oct 2022 14:42

Holzauge wrote: 05 Oct 2022 05:15 I am trying the beta with my 57X at the moment. The page of the dashboard I am using is reset when loading a game save. So - in my case - I have to press "I" three times each time I load a saved game. Very inconvenient! Edit: I even happens after turning off the engine. Is this realistic? If so, I'll have to deal with it!...

The driveshaft feature is a nice one, although the truck is "shaking" a lot in my opinion (might be interesting, when the cabin is moving, too. We'll see in ETS2...). Someone wrote realistic stiffness and truck stability values are at about 60/70%. But in what direction?

For convenience purpose I would like to see the CC working at values below 19 mph. Maybe as an option to check?

Talking about ACC: It is working a lot better now. Until now I didn't have problems with oncoming traffic on highways. ACC is still reacting to vehicles on other lanes though. But a big progress has been made!

The AI vehicles are still entering highways as if they have the right of way, which is - at least after my research - not the case in the US. Considering other vehicles especially trucks entering the highway is one thing, but the right of way should generally be for the vehicles on the highway (like in ETS2).

The new cargoes that came with 1.45 aren't localized to german yet!
the truck shaking is according to your g_suspension_stiffness settings, the truck shakes more if you are using 0 or 0.5 rather than if you are with it maxed out. Ive tested it with these settings and you can have your suspension stiffness settings to the max and the cabin will shake way less to the point its barely noticeable. Not sure if truck stability affect the movement but you can mess with suspension settings and find your sweet spot.
halbtollekreatur

#160 Post by halbtollekreatur » 05 Oct 2022 14:43

flight50 wrote: 05 Oct 2022 11:55
I actually like the truck. It’s so ugly, it’s cute. I wouldn’t buy it in real life but for ATS purposes, it’s great. Keep’em coming. I hope to see a lot of fugly new vehicles if we are to :
1) get car factories
2) get new car dealerships
3) get new car hauler with new vehicles
4) load up AI traffic

Give us 18-24 new vehicles. Old and new. Go back to the 90-00’s era. Mini vans where are they. 3-4 generations of Honda’s, Nissans, Fords, Chevy’s, etc. Where are the luxury cars Beamers, Benz, Lexus. 2-3 exotics Dallas, Houston, LA, they do exist here. Spawn them low though. There’s a ton more variety in Class C missing than Class 8 in ATS. Considering class C is not the focus of the games, no licenses are necessary if you get close real life model. ATS AI traffic variety is as low as the company variety. So thumbs up from me for any new AI vehicle. F100, yes you too. Fugly or not, its for a great cause.

Yes it was the 2020 Xmas stream in which Jakob was saying “no promises but they are working on busier environments”. That could mean across the board. Side streets with more activity and the roadways themselves.

The new bus, yes. Please create a couple of color variants. Don’t be afraid to let the concept team do skins for it. There’s too many plain vehicles in both games. Not everyone plays with mods. For every vehicle model there could be like 5 color variants. I’d like to see a 6th one played with sometimes. Make one with imperfections. Scratches, paint chips, cracked windshield, missing hull cap, donut tire, missing gas cover, open sun roof, new dealership plates, busted headlight or taillight, rapid blinkers, windows half way open, dent in door, dragging tail pipe, failing emissions ( people keep asking for smoke do it to fake AI). Be more spontaneous with AI vehicles. There are hoopties that exist still on NA roads. It’s not all spanking brand new here.
From your lips to God's ears. Don't forget about some mid-size trucks and the 4x2 semis with 28,5 trailers.
For me as a person focusing on AI the 1.46 will be massive already :) But there is still room for further gains.

Return to “General discussion about the game”