ATS 1.47 speculation

flight50

Re: ATS 1.47 speculation

#91 Post by flight50 » 16 Nov 2022 23:39

^I agree with that, its a matter of when. If they can get that filter working anything like what Snowrunner/Mudrunner does, we good. It definitely seems like that is the route they are going.

I also hope they can get the doglight working too. Out the box, the engine update will have to address a few things. After that, its a matter of priority on what to push the new engine to. AI overhaul would be a great one to solve with the new engine day one. My most wanted wish with the AI overhaul is introduce an hourly traffic system featuring "Rush Hour".

If 1.47 brings Phase 3 California, that will give us another big city area that can have controlled traffic based on time of day along with the road itself. Its already possible with the way some mods are setup. Cip's traffic mod to be more specific. Its setup up perfectly to be part of the vanilla game. SCS just has to make it part of the game finally and I hope the new engine update does just that. The one must have though is multi core support with lots of user options. I don't see a lot of advancement happening without multi core support. As far a options, I honestly think if SCS provided a ton of options of sliders and check boxes, people can fine tune what they pc can do. That removes a lot of forced settings that every pc has to go by.
lweb3

#92 Post by lweb3 » 17 Nov 2022 08:42

^ Yes on the options. As a low end non-gaming pc user who loves this game, the more options to turn on/off or sliders to get it to run on a wide range of machines, the better.
Kaleidescoop

#93 Post by Kaleidescoop » 18 Nov 2022 07:01

I really hope with the engine update SCS gets around to optimizing the game. Making the game fully utilize everything and run faster would also be a step towards being able to increase the max amount of traffic and other stuff like increasing the maximum light/shadow render distance through graphics options for users with higher-end PCs.
I think trucks are cool.
Brycero

#94 Post by Brycero » 18 Nov 2022 07:08

Tristman wrote: 16 Nov 2022 22:19 Yeah it looks like they are really setting themselves up for usable truck washes. I think it’s a question of when rather than if at this point.
Could be a similar situation to what we are seeing with the Border Patrol checkpoints. They are laying the groundwork for the possibility of future feature releases in the coming months. If there is one thing SCS has always been very good at, it is mid to long term planning and preparation. I also remember engineering "bandwidth" being a problem discussed during the tail end of the Texas release stream. I think Pavel suggested it has meant they have not been able to get to a lot of their great ideas yet. Perhaps some of these features we have been speculating at length for a while now are just waiting for some love from the developers.
JoeAlex23

#95 Post by JoeAlex23 » 18 Nov 2022 14:54

Kaleidescoop wrote: 18 Nov 2022 07:01 I really hope with the engine update SCS gets around to optimizing the game. Making the game fully utilize everything and run faster would also be a step towards being able to increase the max amount of traffic and other stuff like increasing the maximum light/shadow render distance through graphics options for users with higher-end PCs.
Optimization has nothing to do with that, SCS current game engine just doesn't know what to do with modern hardware, when SCS makes their game engine multi-core and gives it the ability to leverage more power from modern GPU's it will improve quite a lot.
Izmaragon

#96 Post by Izmaragon » 22 Nov 2022 13:41

There are things in ATS that need addressing...

8x4 STEERING axles for example, and not to mention more 4 axles options for more of the trucks.

I'll keep pointing this out until they actually fix this, but the Hiring interface absolutely needs a filter of some kind, be it checkbox or dropdown menu. The way the hiring list is presented is not to everyone's liking.

I do realize that realistically, one would take more experience over the newest people; however, in the game, what if you have fully pushed up all the ai drivers to max level and decided you dont need them anymore? Thats what I did a couple times. I've also had it happen where ai drivers left due to not having a truck... You ever seen an ingame mailbox filled with 200+ emails all saying goodbye?

Speaking of said ingame mailbox... Can we please have a delete function added to that feature? For the previously mentioned reasons...

AI drivers that are hired sometimes appearing in traffic. Keyword being sometimes, I understand that having all one's ai drivers in traffic would be a performance hit for the game, but it would be nice to occasionally spot one of our ai drivers in traffic. Maybe even around cargo depots especially.

Just some of the things that really should be looked at...
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
rbsanford

#97 Post by rbsanford » 22 Nov 2022 14:42

If our drivers are going to appear in traffic, I'd want their behavior to be tweaked a bit first. I have hundreds of drivers, and when I open my driver management map, almost all of them are clustered along the Bellingham-Brownsville route. Their spawn numbers would have to be limited, otherwise I-84, for example, would be bumper to bumper.

This is where company liveries for trucks would really be great, by the way, so our drivers could be easily spotted, should they appear.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Izmaragon

#98 Post by Izmaragon » 23 Nov 2022 04:48

Well, what I was thinking was more along the lines of not very often, like maybe once a week one could catch a glimpse of "Hey, was one of my drivers trucks...?" around cities where your drivers are based.

Or, at least part of the ai parking portion as a static show up at a parking lot near the garage where based...
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
dan4815

#99 Post by dan4815 » 23 Nov 2022 06:08

The best option would be to set what percentage of my company's drivers I want to see on the road.
Optional Features

#100 Post by Optional Features » 23 Nov 2022 08:42

I would love to be able to follow a driver to a destination and grab one part of a two (or more) part load.

Return to “General discussion about the game”