ATS 1.47 speculation

flight50

Re: ATS 1.47 speculation

#231 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2023 17:29

The pogo stick would be a nice fix to get on 8x4/8x6 chassis. Its wrong on every single truck. I'm thankful for the 8x4/8x6 finally coming but someone didn't think to also adjust that. There are references out there so this mistake shouldn't have happened. I'm sure someone tested it for bugs and seems that no one cared to address the location of the pogo stick.
dkasper00

#232 Post by dkasper00 » 27 Jan 2023 21:50

So the 2 non game engine related things I hope for is an overhaul of cargo depots and 5th wheel position for the 8x4 and 8x6 chassis, pogo stick would be the cherry on top.

Enginewise, I just want dx12 and a way less fussy SSAO.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
hangman005

#233 Post by hangman005 » 28 Jan 2023 12:04

I am beginning to suspect as we have hard nothing on it to start the year or during the Christmas stream, that the next phase in the rebuild won't be coming with 1.47.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
flight50

#234 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2023 15:15

^Depends on when 1.47 is to release. But the year is new and tons more weeks to go. Phase 3 info could drop at any moment just like the Las Vegas blog dropped from the sky and just like Phase 2 dropped in. No news can also mean good news. That means they are hard at work trying to get something to show for what we know they are working one. Only thing SCS can get away with showing things half done are trucks, trailers and prefabs. Showing incomplete scenes brings out the wolves. So hold until the map is more complete to the point that stuff can be shown.

One thing I'd like to see SCS do when they do overhaul the AI, is develop 2 different turning paths for the AI. One for semi trucks and the other for everybody else. Currently what SCS has done is made a turning radius for doubles and heavy haul trailers and they swing out very wide when turning right. This same path is taken by every single AI. I'd like to see 2 paths just like in real life. A shallow path and a wide path. Shorter length AI swing wayyyy to wide which is unrealistic and 9/10 they swing right into the path of your trailer if you are turning left at intersections. This causes wrecks and we get the fine when they hit us.

Example. Red path is non semi+trailer routes. Blue path are all semi trucks with trailers. The Blue path is what we currently have and every single AI vehicle takes this path. There should be a red path (shallow path). Before AI articulated trailers came to traffic, the red path is what we got. The AI wasn't running red lights and they where not stopping in the middle of an intersections if the light was changing to red. SCS had to increase the turning radius to keep trailers from clipping the map on turns. Perfect, but now everyone takes that path when they shouldn't. It could be game engine related or it maybe simpler than that. But I'd love to see multi core come desperately and have 1 core completely dedicated to controlling the AI.

[ external image ]
TheDonny2014

#235 Post by TheDonny2014 » 30 Jan 2023 16:45

Maybe ad some bumpy roads and allow us to feel when the road surface changes
Sara

#236 Post by Sara » 01 Feb 2023 16:31

@flight50 I kinda actually wished if SCS could take on a more "GTA6 speculation" approach with the AI Traffic. Yes, I said GT6 Speculation, because I can't really confirm on this either. But with this approach, making the AI traffic feel more realistic by trying to give the traffic its own behavior, rather then follow the same pattern all the time. Considering in the real world, every person would have there own unique behaviour when they drive. That way, it makes the AI Traffic feels more realistic.
flight50

#237 Post by flight50 » 01 Feb 2023 17:35

@Sara. I totally agree but I'm not sure the game is capable of that. I think someone mentioned a longtime ago that GTA uses a mesh system for AI traffic. If SCS knows how or can program that, that would be golden. As of now, no telling if that's even possible even with an engine upgrade. But I'm no programmer so I can't confirm that at all. The traffic lines are imbedded into the road prefab as of now so......maybe some new tech presents itself one day.
Trakaplex

#238 Post by Trakaplex » 01 Feb 2023 17:47

I think with the new engine it would be possible. Some things happen like cars running reds in the Idaho trailer. It's all probability. Program 11% of all drivers to be reckless going over speed limits and running reds. 20% go five over the speed limit. 3% go ten over. 4% go under. Redo the traffic paths on the road prefabs so a certain percent can swerve in different lanes.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
hangman005

#239 Post by hangman005 » 01 Feb 2023 20:09

I think maybe away around that is having 10 or so driving profiles, more would be better, and vehicles spawning in are randomly assigned a profile with differing probabilities for profiles, is probably the more manageable way to do it. It's not perfect but it's a way to get the job done.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
OmYeR

#240 Post by OmYeR » 01 Feb 2023 22:48

Hello
I have a concern about Convoy! Recently I have been banned or kicked off so many Convoy servers for nothing! One of my wishes would be that in the future the server admin must give a reason why I get banned or kicked off.
This is also why I see blocked servers, they should be hidden. Or a future update, so that I can see what is hidden and if I want, I can remove the ban. In a word, my experience with Convoy is negative if this is how the player is treated towards others! I have experience where I I ride with others and there is always someone in the company who likes to ram or is just mean and ruins the ride, and the server admin doesn't kick them off or ban them.
I would like to see the innovations that I have proposed!!
Never give up!

Return to “General discussion about the game”