ATS 1.47 speculation

Sara

Re: ATS 1.47 speculation

#201 Post by Sara » 18 Jan 2023 14:11

Wish and Suggestions go here. Speculation only. I don't want to see the mods lock this thread with people starting to turn the speculation threads into wishlist threads.
Bag of Donuts

#202 Post by Bag of Donuts » 18 Jan 2023 16:34

If you want to be technical about it, everything in this thread can be considered a wishlist, 1.47 hasn't been announced yet and we know nothing about it. Word it how you want, but it is the same thing. If it makes you feel better I will reword it for you.

Unless a mod says otherwise, I suggest not doing their job for them.
flight50

#203 Post by flight50 » 18 Jan 2023 16:55

Yeah until the open beta blog comes, the speculation update threads do tend to be a form of wishlist mixed in with things we do know.

The one thing I'm really hoping for with 1.47 is phase 3 California. We haven't seen any progress nor heard of any progress since phase 2 released May 2022 for 1.44. Nothing for the xmas stream. I don't think any of the big ticket items people want comes without the engine update and no telling when that comes.

We'll probably get the 5700XE as well though. As SCS gets back into the flow of things from holidays, we'll start getting some info sooner or later.
Bag of Donuts

#204 Post by Bag of Donuts » 18 Jan 2023 19:36

I have a feeling we will be getting some surprises with 1.47. 2023 seems like it might be a big year for both games.
flight50

#205 Post by flight50 » 18 Jan 2023 20:24

@Bag of Donuts I agree on the 2023 part. I really really hope 1.47 starts it all but I just don't want to get my hopes up. 1.48 though, that one should be the Summer update and I'm expecting SCS to really kick it in gear for new features. I'm crossing my fingers for 1.48 to be the engine upgrade if 1.47 doesn't do it.

For me I want this engine update mainly so they can really start digging into the playing field and start producing some good features. Its not so much what comes, its what all they can do is what excites me. Lots of great ideas that floats around here from time to time and it would be cool to start seeing some of the more meaningful ones. Meaningful to me means the masses has interest or highly beneficial to all and not just a few. Start with the most impactful features yet less time consuming first.
Last edited by flight50 on 19 Jan 2023 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
VTXcnME

#206 Post by VTXcnME » 19 Jan 2023 00:34

Bag of Donuts wrote: 18 Jan 2023 16:34 If you want to be technical about it, everything in this thread can be considered a wishlist, 1.47 hasn't been announced yet and we know nothing about it. Word it how you want, but it is the same thing. If it makes you feel better I will reword it for you.
Yup ^^^THIS^^^. Every single speculation thread is an articulated Wishlist for the next game update. Hard to draw a line in the sand when basically anything folks suggest is their own hopes/wishes for the next iteration of the game (in some instances).

I'm hoping 1.47 comes with something major that the community has been asking for. LTL/Multi drop or something. I'm not sure it'll be a game engine update, though it'd be sweet if it was. Not sure how many of the features folks keep asking about are game engine dependent or just time to accomplish dependent. If these features (weather/seasons, LTL/Multidrop, etc) do require an engine update, I really hope SCS is prioritizing that so other more awesome things may come after.
harishw8r

#207 Post by harishw8r » 19 Jan 2023 04:56

At this point, I think multi-drop is the most requested feature. Would like to have that along with the ability to designate routes (say specific states/cities to haul) to the AI drivers.

I think it might be possible for 2023, mostly because they left features in the dark, during the Christmas stream, which I can only assume that they did not play all the cards in their hand.
flight50

#208 Post by flight50 » 19 Jan 2023 06:50

Multi drop would definitely get SCS some brownie points. It would be one major box checked but a lot comes under such a feature. So many other things needs to complete such a feature. No pallet system, no thorough feature imho. No doubles separation, no attention to weigh stations, No sliding tandems after loading, no failing weigh ins, no consequences for failing weigh ins, no corrections involving going back to scales and adjusting tandems......no thorough feature.

When or if we get multi drop is something SCS has to ask themselves if it's even possible. I sure hope it's seen as beneficial for SCS to develop.
harishw8r

#209 Post by harishw8r » 19 Jan 2023 07:16

Given how slow SCS usually is, I believe having the functionality first would be the way to go, followed by addition of elements one by one to make it 'complete'. This strategy worked pretty decently for trailer ownership - at least there was something than nothing. A multilevel development for multi drop would look something like this:
1. Perhaps start with three modules - Three sub-loads at a time, based on the volume of trailer. Double separation should be a thing from the get go.
2. Introduce pallet system, again, based on volume. This means the ability to haul multiple sub-loads. This step can also be the starting point if there are no performance limitations.
3. Introduce weight restrictions by adding weight data to individual pallet, so that any mix-match should be limited to 80,000 lb gross. Now there are weight restrictions in addition to volume restrictions, and weigh stations would be functional and the CAT scales serve some real purpose.
4. Introduce axle weight distribution. Axle adjustment could be done from the truck adjustments menu.
5. Real-time adjustment of trailer axles.

And it can be expanded to openable box trailers and so on. I'm confident most of the required data are already available. only thing lacking is the necessary UI and perhaps the game engine limitations.
Marcello Julio

#210 Post by Marcello Julio » 20 Jan 2023 18:27

[ external image ]

57X is coming to traffic in the future! I hope that means the other trucks (LT, 9900i and 49X with the other variants) also be added.

Return to “General discussion about the game”