ETS2 1.46 Discussion Thread

grimes

Re: ETS2 1.46 Discussion Thread

#391 Post by grimes » 23 Nov 2022 12:58

@Some newbie driver - It's common courtesy to reply to a message someone has sent you even if that reply is to say no or not at the moment, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to excuse ignoring it. The only response I've had from SCS and the last time I contacted them was 18 months ago, I was just asking if there was any update, hardly demanding they be at my service which you implied. It's not about the individual, I'm not and will not be the only one who makes winter mods either now or in the future.

Just because the game has never depicted a snowy landscape or any other seasonal environment doesn't mean they shouldn't facilite the means to do so especially as they do not provide seasons themselves, in fact they do except for this one issue, an issue that didn't previously exist.
K-J.S

#392 Post by K-J.S » 23 Nov 2022 17:32

First of all I have to say that I am a big fan of SCS! I own all DLC from ETS and also ATS. But in the last few weeks, almost everything has revolved around the new Texas DLC. But that was okay too! Only now the next ATS ( Oklahoma DLC ) will continue. SCS hasn't heard anything about how things will continue this year with the ETS2, or with the Balkan DLC, or MAN 2020, or Feldbinder! Also in the ETS 2 some things should be renewed. Dear SCS team, please don't forget the fan community in Europe has made your simulator big. With all due respect and understanding that you want and need to earn money, and I will also buy every DLC. The ETS should also be further developed to the same extent and time frame as the ATS! Because only happy ETS players are also happy ATS players!!!
Thanks and best regards
Klaus
gaillard

#393 Post by gaillard » 23 Nov 2022 19:36

True!
But HoR was postponed for extra-SCS events, and West Balkans are some time later, but coming SCSoon.
So enjoy the free Austria rebuild and wait for the next step.
Could be Switzerland, or anything else payware, but you bought a game with some euro regions, and you got it.
Nothing else is promised, implied or hinted at..
alluke

#394 Post by alluke » 23 Nov 2022 19:54

HoR is now officially based on EU declared terrorist state so it won't see daylight for a while...
Some newbie driver

#395 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Nov 2022 22:04

grimes wrote: 23 Nov 2022 12:58 @Some newbie driver - It's common courtesy to reply to a message someone has sent you even if that reply is to say no or not at the moment
Hundreds of messages are created every day on this forums (if not thousands). Lots of them of people requesting to have their "private attention" from devs. Don't be so naive to pretend none of us deserve any special treatment nor they had to read them all and answer every one. And I'm not even want to imagine the traffic in the PM inbox of devs.
grimes wrote: 23 Nov 2022 12:58I was just asking if there was any update,
Then you got your answer: no answer = no change in the topic asked.
grimes wrote: 23 Nov 2022 12:58hardly demanding they be at my service which you implied. It's not about the individual, I'm not and will not be the only one who makes winter mods either now or in the future.
If we suggest a change, we are suggesting for ourselves. Obviously, we can guess that among millions of potential players, somebody else could benefit from the same suggestion (and in the forums, we can find some of those other players). That doesn't change that our personal request are made on the premise that they are what we want as individuals so we are asking them to do something for us. And it's nothing wrong on the fact that you, me or anybody else requests anything for ourselves. The wrong part is when people start to complain that they had been ignored; as implicitly states that they demands deserve to be satisfied. That's what I argued against.
grimes wrote: 23 Nov 2022 12:58Just because the game has never depicted a snowy landscape or any other seasonal environment doesn't mean they shouldn't facilite the means to do so especially as they do not provide seasons themselves, in fact they do except for this one issue, an issue that didn't previously exist.
Absolutely wrong. They develop the software they need for their goals, EXCLUSIVELY. You (and others) had been able to leverage those resources for a purpose that they were never intended. And by that very reason, when they changed something to suit better their needs, you find yourself with the current problem. Because they never worked on the premise the features developed had to allow the creation of winter mods. It just happened that it was feasible and some people like you took the challenge to achieve it (and don't get me wrong, I really respect that kind of work done by moders like you).

As like a change broke what you want to use, other changes open new opportunities to moders; it's frustrating but what one hand gives, the other takes. And again, I find nothing wrong into request a change to make it work again. But I hardly dislike complaining because one has no answer. I've done several request myself and supported lots of others for lots of years. Most of them doesn't exist in the game and probably never will; most of them had not any feedback from devs. You will see no complain about it from me. The day I would want to do that, I would had to have big pockets and request a meeting with Pavel to try to purchase some shares of his company. In the meantime, I take what it's offered.

Regards
Seerman

#396 Post by Seerman » 24 Nov 2022 07:30

alluke wrote: 23 Nov 2022 19:54 HoR is now officially based on EU declared terrorist state so it won't see daylight for a while...
This recognition is advisory only. SCS needs to hurry up with the release before the advisory becomes mandatory ;)
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#397 Post by jackalnxt » 24 Nov 2022 08:51

There really doesn't seem to be any signs of the situation improving. At this point it will take years, and you have to wonder about the customer appeal of a DLC that has been held off for years (hypothetically speaking). Although, if things don't improve IRL in the coming years, could we see a possibility of converting HoR into a free update to BtBS, and just bump up the price for it.
Seerman

#398 Post by Seerman » 24 Nov 2022 09:05

Even at the very beginning of the events there was a good offer that would suit many. Release HoR, and send part of the funds received for humanitarian purposes.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#399 Post by Evgenius » 24 Nov 2022 14:28

A good offer... would suit many... muscovites. Was there any survey or statistics on this topic that led to such statements?
Make three correct guesses in a row - and you are guaranteed a reputation as an expert.

If someone tells you that something is possible, they are almost certainly right. If he claims that something is impossible, he is very likely wrong.
Seerman

#400 Post by Seerman » 24 Nov 2022 14:59

Evgenius wrote: 24 Nov 2022 14:28 A good offer... would suit many... muscovites. Was there any survey or statistics on this topic that led to such statements?
I'm ready to listen to your offer ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”