Deeze's Ditherings....

oldeezel

Deeze's Ditherings....

#1 Post by oldeezel » 25 Oct 2022 08:57

Dithering around between half a dozen profiles, but mostly either my original profile driving on a vanilla map and economy with a dozen garages, about 50 drivers, and more trucks and trailers stashed around the world than I can possibly ever drive. Second (and possibly favourite) profile is an attempt to recreate a one man, one truck operation with a tougher economy mod on the Pro Mods map. The 'one truck' is a Gloover MAN, so if that's featured, the map is ProMods - almost any other truck is shot on the vanilla map profile. So here we go...

Not an attempt to recreate an original truck, just playing around with a new Volvo skin from Marik-Alik. Just about into Mannheim on the back road from Metz, not the prettiest drive, but still better than endless freeways...

[ external image ]

And the current itteration of the Gloover MAN, seen here wearing a freelance skin. Appologies for re-posting from the MAN thread, but I kinda like the angle....

[ external image ]

Deez
All these years and still on my bum in a puddle, scratching in the dirt....
oldeezel

Re: Deeze's Ditherings....

#2 Post by oldeezel » 27 Oct 2022 05:57

Halloween!!

Not really my thing, but when you're invited to a party you have to dress for the occassion! By my standards a very pimped up nose-down, bum-up pumpkin colored party DAF, specially prepared for the Halloween Event. 4 trips down, 9 to go....

[ external image ]

...and a somewhat more sedate pumpkin-coloured Gloover MAN

[ external image ]

the 'Ekeri' on the under-run protection since changed to dark blue to better match the truck...

Deez
oldeezel

#3 Post by oldeezel » 28 Oct 2022 12:38

oldeezel

#4 Post by oldeezel » 30 Oct 2022 04:28

My fav trucks are heavy rigids, preferably with big trailers, mid range motors, and generally 6-speed gear-boxes. That all adds up to fun to drive, without the full-on hassle of a HCT.

Early morning finds us headed west, then north, out of Craiova, Romania with a load of medical supplies on a pretty, but not particularly challenging drive...

[ external image ]

Nice angle, nice lighting, just far enough away to be 'almost real', but oh dear, all those side lights! It looks like a circus tent!! Anyway, the first shot was en route to arguably the most photographed spot on the vanilla map...

[ external image ]

Late evening finds us jammed into a way-too-small parking spot (there is a low loader with the big blue tractor thing parked in the other bay). IRL I'd have swung round and dropped the trailer at the other end, but y'know....

[ external image ]

Obviously the same truck, but along the way we diverted slightly into a service place and the side lights now number about 50% of the first pic, the steering axles on the truck have lost their chrome covers in favor of polished (grey paint, but looks the part), the under body boxes are now white, and the front bogie on the trailer has mis-matched wheels to give the impression of a dolly - well, sort of! Does it really matter? No. But I spend way too much time agonising over stuff like that. Way too much....

Deez ;)
oldeezel

#5 Post by oldeezel » 31 Oct 2022 23:24

Still with the red and white theme:

[ external image ]

Trailer is a new(ish) skin from JP Games, Gloover MAN skin comes with the truck mod, colors couldn't be closer, though the white is starker irl, the creamy redish tint is from evening light...
oldeezel

#6 Post by oldeezel » 04 Nov 2022 23:51

I like that red skin on the Ekeri trailer so much that I've taken it across into my one man/one truck profile which is now one man, one truck, one trailer. Having lashed out so extravagantly on the trailer (running a tougher economy mod in this profile) it's kinda disappointing that it's first job is hauling 18 tonnes of lamb stomachs across the bottom of Greece and stopping in such lavishly appointed roadside sleeping areas lol....

[ external image ]

Meanwhile back in the main profile where rigids still rool, the red theme has given way to green....

[ external image ]

Not sure about that vertical exhaust, it's maybe just a bit too ATS and methinks it's gotta go....

Deeze ;)
Last edited by oldeezel on 04 Nov 2022 23:59, edited 2 times in total.
oldeezel

#7 Post by oldeezel » 04 Nov 2022 23:52

double post - oops!
oldeezel

#9 Post by oldeezel » 05 Nov 2022 20:48

@seriousmods Thankyou - some cool ideas in your thread links also!!

Black Seas DLC, heading north out of Pitesti RO is a pretty cool drive....

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Deeze
oldeezel

#10 Post by oldeezel » 07 Nov 2022 11:05

Leaving the home shed (Magdeburg) in the one man, one truck, one trailer profile...

[ external image ]

Headed north through Sweden and into Finland on the Pro Mods map plus Fael Environment....

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Deeze....

Return to “Screenshots”