Deeze's Ditherings....

oldeezel

Re: Deeze's Ditherings....

#31 Post by oldeezel » 16 Dec 2022 06:24

Somewhere in Eastern Europe - RoExtended map, RJL Scania, Laden Swallow Feldbinder trailer...

[ external image ]

Still in love with this truck and skin (RJL Scania wearing Marik's 'Endless Summer' skin)...

[ external image ]

...though Rigids still rule lol - this time another Scania doing it's best to look like Santa Clause. Rigid mod and NTM box are both by Kast.

[ external image ]

I'm still trying to work out exactly how this trailer by @kartal2339 works, though I have to say it is remarkably well behaved through the bends, even tight city corners....

[ external image ]

Deeze...
All these years and still on my bum in a puddle, scratching in the dirt....
oldeezel

#32 Post by oldeezel » 18 Dec 2022 02:59

Phew - I've been having a love/hate relationship with the RoExtended map, turns out to be largely because I didn't think to update my PM defs file when I added extra map combos, anyways apart from some of the extreme trailer parking challenges in RoEx, it's now way more love than hate!!

Crossing from Moldova (I think) to Ukraine in my old DAF XF105...

[ external image ]

... and this is NOT the trailer to take to a parking challenge!! It's so short it's a bit like trying to park a garden trailer behind a station wagon - it gets very very wrong very very fast and there is no forgiveness at all!

Vanilla truck, Laden Swallow Feldbinder trailer and skin.

Deeze...
oldeezel

#33 Post by oldeezel » 19 Dec 2022 05:17

Evening light, central Ukraine, RoEx ....

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

... and first time ever I've seen one of these.....

[ external image ]

Deeze....
oldeezel

#34 Post by oldeezel » 22 Dec 2022 04:04

[ external image ]

Phew - this is going to be close!! Exactly why a fighter jet with Swedish markings is on a pedestal in Turkey is anybody's guess!

[ external image ]

I know I've seen a trailer like that somewhere recently.... a hastily composed shot of my truck passing an AI truck with the same trailer skin - using @Marik AI truck and trailer packs. The laws of probability state that eventually I will see an AI combo where the correct truck is matched with it's correct trailer, but not yet!!

[ external image ]

Yes, spamming the thread with yet another front three-quarters view of that lovely Scania - this time parked in my new three-stall stable in Zaporizhzhia, our current base of operations.

Deeze...
oldeezel

#35 Post by oldeezel » 23 Dec 2022 23:56

Something a bit different.....

[ external image ]

... and a truck that isn't that Scania lol....

[ external image ]

Gloover MAN, skin form a Laden Swallow Feldbinder pack, trailer pretty sure is from Marik's new(ish) AI trailer pack. The truck/trailer colour match is sheer coincidence.

FWIW I've had a massive pre-Christmas clean-out of mod subscriptions and my massively bloated mod folder, simplifying everything not quite back to basics, but much more streamlined. Essentially I now have fewer truck mods, almost no tuning mods, only two AI traffic packs (Marik's trucks and trailers packs), I have sold off most of the owned trucks I don't drive much, and I have pretty much eliminated ownable trailers in favour of bob-tailing between jobs. The game runs so much smoother I can't quite believe it, but less clutter definitely leads to better performance.

Best wishes to all

Deeze....
oldeezel

#36 Post by oldeezel » 26 Dec 2022 05:51

An absolutely beautiful skin from @DaStig that I only found because somebody necroposted in the release thread - thank you for the indiscretion! It looks even better from the front, but I can't get a set of auxiliary lights I like onto it...

[ external image ]

I still like rigids - I like them a lot - and the updated new release of Krone swap body bits and pieces from @Sebastian7870 will see a lot of use. The truck skin is another one borrowed form a @LadenSwallow Feldbinder skin pack - the packs are a rich source of material and the beauty of the 'swap body' concept is you don't have to worry too much about matching everything up!

[ external image ]

Deeze...
oldeezel

#37 Post by oldeezel » 27 Dec 2022 04:47

oops, double post, sorry!
Last edited by oldeezel on 27 Dec 2022 05:03, edited 2 times in total.
oldeezel

#38 Post by oldeezel » 27 Dec 2022 05:00

Kyiv....

[ external image ]

Of all the places I've stopped for the night, this is far from the best - and I've just realized how much I don't like that light bar lol

[ external image ]

A much prettier spot...

[ external image ]

And sticking with the red and white Actros/Eurobulk theme because red and white trucks really float my boat, but doing it the way the maker intended this time.....

[ external image ]

Bottom: SCS New Actros, Laden Swallow Feldbinder and skins
Top three: SCS New Actros, sebastian7870 swap-body truck and trailer mods and box skins, truck skin Laden Swallow

Deeze....
oldeezel

#39 Post by oldeezel » 28 Dec 2022 10:19

Scenic main road along the way ...

[ external image ]

... to an even more scenic minor road ...

[ external image ]

... with the backhoe delivered and the trailer parked, I bobtailed down to the river to watch the sun go down ...

[ external image ]

... now wandering around town looking for a likely spot for the rest of the evening....

[ external image ]

Last three images are from Poland Rebuilding map mod, not sure about the top one.
oldeezel

#40 Post by oldeezel » 29 Dec 2022 11:15

That's a lot of truck to squeeze through the old part of town...

[ external image ]

... but we got there! I wandered off to have some lunch while they unloaded the truck, and when I got back they'd left it like this. WTF????? ;)

[ external image ]

I was so annoyed I just left the thing there and found the local Volvo dealer who cheerfully sold me a new rig. He didn't have templates for the Esser scheme, but he did have a white and red one which will do at a pinch!

A little while later in Kursk, RU

[ external image ]

and a bit later again it cheered me up to find the circus had come to town....

[ external image ]

Deeze...

Return to “Screenshots”