Game Crashing When Clicking On Anything

RWB42

Game Crashing When Clicking On Anything

#1 Post by RWB42 » 18 Nov 2022 15:34

I have not a single clue on what is going on. I had just bought two of the tuning pack DLCs today. I launched the game, clicked on options to change some audio settings, and it instantly crashed. After 4 fresh reinstalls and a few file verifications I have gotten absolutely nowhere. I have also deleted the entire ETS2 folder from my documents and that did nothing either. I have no idea how to fix this and if anyone does that would be amazing. For context I also have 0 workshop or external mods that are installed and the game.log file doesn't show any blatant error other than not being able to find some profile defaults. I even turned off the steam cloud sync to see if that was the issue and it still crashes the instant I do anything.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Game Crashing When Clicking On Anything

#2 Post by Madkine » 18 Nov 2022 20:26

Try verifying game files.
In Steam, right click on the game, select properties, goto local files tab and press verify integrity of game files.

After a crash, post your complete game.log.txt to pastebin.com (no account needed) and then post the link here and we'll have a look for you (split the game.log.txt into multiple pastes if it is too big).
If pastebin is not available in your country please use http://rentry.co and post the link to it here please. The page works like pastebin.
The file can be found at "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2" for a default install.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
RWB42

#3 Post by RWB42 » 19 Nov 2022 15:37

https://pastebin.com/YG8zwHRN

Not entirely sure if I had pasted it right since I have never used Pastebin at all before this. If there is something that I missed let me know!
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 19 Nov 2022 20:27

In your config file try setting these to 0

00:00:02.141 : uset cf_asus_aura "1"
00:00:02.141 : uset cf_razer_chroma "1"
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

RWB42

#5 Post by RWB42 » 19 Nov 2022 23:34

Still hard crashing after 5 or so seconds after getting to the menu. Here is the new log after the crash incase anything else broke.

UPDATE 18:57 (Even after a graphics driver update the game is still doing the same thing.)

https://pastebin.com/2YXcVaF5
RWB42

#6 Post by RWB42 » 20 Nov 2022 00:02

These are some of the WARNING lines that I see in the log file.

<WARNING> [dxgi] Failed to enter exclusive fullscreen state (0x887a0022)
<WARNING> [di8] Device detection did take 178ms, disabling interactive detections
<WARNING> Could not load profile config for the cvar group: 1. Loading defaults...

Not entirely sure if I should be worrying about these but just thought I would send them incase. Weirdly enough my ATS with all the mods that I have in that game runs perfectly fine and hasn't hard crashed in probably two years.
Madkine
Global moderator

#7 Post by Madkine » 20 Nov 2022 01:22

Just in case it's config related, back up your config file somewhere and then copy your ATS one across.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

RWB42

#8 Post by RWB42 » 20 Nov 2022 15:08

Just idd the config swap and it still hard crashes.
Tom
SCS Software

#9 Post by Tom » 30 Nov 2022 11:45

i would like to see your crashlog and gamelog from same run. when it crashes.

you can try to rename game folder in documents. this will force game to create new one and reset all settings.
this will allow you to restore local profiles etc later.
RWB42

#10 Post by RWB42 » 06 Dec 2022 14:31

Tom wrote: 30 Nov 2022 11:45 i would like to see your crashlog and gamelog from same run. when it crashes.

you can try to rename game folder in documents. this will force game to create new one and reset all settings.
this will allow you to restore local profiles etc later.
https://pastebin.com/9NewpEq8

This is the game.log of the most recent launch 5 minutes ago. Terribly sorry for taking forever to respond my GPU drivers decided to corrupt entirely. Also, I should mention that the game now crashes nearly the moment it gets out of the ETS2 opening screen and onto the main profile selection screen.

Return to “Technical Problems”