Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

JeeF

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#481 Post by JeeF » 30 Jan 2023 21:57

BHJ wrote: 30 Jan 2023 19:53 PBandJ..... People are answering the question and giving their opinion the Threat title asks, Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing? So you think that answering this question is bashing.
Don't feed the trolls.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
PBandJ

#482 Post by PBandJ » 30 Jan 2023 23:25

@BHJ giving an opinion here is absolutely fine, just a few here I was speaking too....:) These same bash SCS or the devs every chance they get, complain about the game how it runs or what it is missing, how other games do a better job of whatever. They are so dissatisfied with the game, but here they are....:) and ignore the comment above. That is all they have when they can't handle someone speaking an opinion that doesn't agree with theirs.....:)
JeeF

#483 Post by JeeF » 30 Jan 2023 23:29

I think the biggest issue atm in ATS for me is that we as players are not characters in game.
We are the truck. There's no separate entity, hence why you can't have 2 trucks in the world at the same time.
Would be lovely to get out of one truck and walk to the next in the garage. Step out and disconnect cables or check the tires.
Step out in a truck stop and have a meal. It would be an expansive experience, contrary to the shoebox feeling ATS currently has.

People try their best to imagine... they are driving their truck, they are tunning their truck, they are fueling their truck.
In reality, they are driving themselves, tunning themselves, fueling themselves. The player IS the truck.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
Optional Features

#484 Post by Optional Features » 31 Jan 2023 00:28

There are seven trailers in this pic:

[ external image ]

Seven individually purchased, individually interactive trailers.
I could add more if I wanted, or leave one behind at the next wide spot on the road.

This same setup likely exists in ATS, but it is a single trailer with multiple joints.

In this second pic, there are five trailers connected to one truck and two connected to a second.

[ external image ]

I own two of the trucks in the photo, and the third is owned by a separate entity I am hauling for.

Both of these photos are taken in a game that doesn't even advertise itself as a trucking game, yet it has features that should theoretically be included in a trucking game first.

No other game should be better at any major aspect of trucking than the primary truck game on the market. And yet pretty much any game with trucks offers more than an SCS-made game.

It makes no sense.

If you ask me how many trucks I own, I can line them up in the yard and show you. I can also get them to do something similar to what they do irl.

[ external image ]

Notice the difference in deck length (width is also manually controlled):

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If you ask me in ATS, I'll show you a spreadsheet. Ah yeah, looks like I own 12 trucks by this spreadsheet. There's like 20 trailers in the fleet as well (by another spreadsheet), and six employees (by a third spreadsheet).

Spreadsheet Simulator.
flight50

#485 Post by flight50 » 31 Jan 2023 02:18

@JeeF we are definitely the truck. No doubt about that. To not be the truck, SCS has to seriously overhaul.
JeeF

#486 Post by JeeF » 03 Feb 2023 01:36

I'll re-post over here since my post was deleted from the other thread:

When I see people saying "would be complicated for SCS to move to another project and abandon ATS/ETS2"
I think abandoning is not the way to go, but building on top of it.
Take the current World of Trucks and expand on it, building a bigger and better multiplayer experience.
Multiplayer is what would bring a lot of new players (and money) to SCS, it's what the new generation cares about.
I'm sure a few dinosaurs reading this now are thinking "No, I hate multiplayer" but it's not about what you want, it's bigger than that.

With a massive multiplayer covering the whole world and using the available maps from ETS2 and ATS (and eventually expanding to other countries, finally covering the world),
And also offering a few new neat things, such as:

- Playing on a server full of people driving everywhere
- Start a VTC with friends and grow it together, buy trucks together, buy garages together
- Ability to recruit other players to your VTC as contractors, eventually becoming members
- Ability to better utilize the garage, seeing eachother park into it, repair or tune the truck, install new parts, walk between trucks to drive another

I'm sure this could bring an enormous amount of new players in, and with that, lots of money.
JulioMasterBR

#487 Post by JulioMasterBR » 05 Feb 2023 18:02

JeeF wrote: 03 Feb 2023 01:36 I'll re-post over here since my post was deleted from the other thread:

When I see people saying "would be complicated for SCS to move to another project and abandon ATS/ETS2"
I think abandoning is not the way to go, but building on top of it.
Take the current World of Trucks and expand on it, building a bigger and better multiplayer experience.
Multiplayer is what would bring a lot of new players (and money) to SCS, it's what the new generation cares about.
I'm sure a few dinosaurs reading this now are thinking "No, I hate multiplayer" but it's not about what you want, it's bigger than that.

With a massive multiplayer covering the whole world and using the available maps from ETS2 and ATS (and eventually expanding to other countries, finally covering the world),
And also offering a few new neat things, such as:

- Playing on a server full of people driving everywhere
- Start a VTC with friends and grow it together, buy trucks together, buy garages together
- Ability to recruit other players to your VTC as contractors, eventually becoming members
- Ability to better utilize the garage, seeing eachother park into it, repair or tune the truck, install new parts, walk between trucks to drive another

I'm sure this could bring an enormous amount of new players in, and with that, lots of money.
Perfect!!
Eggtooth

#488 Post by Eggtooth » 05 Feb 2023 18:18

JeeF wrote: 30 Jan 2023 21:57
BHJ wrote: 30 Jan 2023 19:53 PBandJ..... People are answering the question and giving their opinion the Threat title asks, Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing? So you think that answering this question is bashing.
Don't feed the trolls.
Hold on. How can you move on from this and not even address this? Then call him a troll? I actually want to know... what is wrong with you? He is, to a degree, right actually. There's no game on the market currently that has any of the things people here are wishing for, that includes what ATS/ETS2 has, free updates and nearly decade old update cycle with trucks and most trailers for free... There's only two games that I know of that have some things that ATS has, but also a lot that they do not have - King of The Road and Rig'n'Roll, and that first one mentioned came out two decades ago.

You can wish all you want but remember that ATS/ETS2 are finished products. Their business model is providing DLC's, and unlike Dovetail Games, they aren't breaking your wallet with them. SCS doesn't owe you anything and even if I will criticise them, I've noticed that people here are going from one extreme (fanboyism some people display) to someone who doesn't acknowledge all the good SCS has done in the opposite extreme.

I agree with a lot of things regarding criticisms of SCS, but I will not stand for calling people trolls randomly. You're better than that. Apologise to him. Just because he has different god damn opinion, doesn't mean you can use a cop out and call him a troll.

Oh and don't you put me in the "fanboy" camp either as a cop out. Because I've provided many, many examples on how SCS can fix things, and criticised them a lot as well.
Last edited by Eggtooth on 05 Feb 2023 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#489 Post by flight50 » 05 Feb 2023 18:36

Yeah I agree that SCS does not get enough credit for things they are good at from the same crowd that points out what SCS is bad at. To criticize the devs you have to balance it. Its mostly one sided most times. There's lots missing yes but there's a lot of improvement since 2016 as well.
xXCARL1992Xx

#490 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Feb 2023 18:39

an the moment someone just says thank you to SCS and writes something appreciative they are labeled as people with low standards from the same people
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”