Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

Viper28

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#81 Post by Viper28 » 02 Dec 2022 08:19

plykkegaard wrote: 01 Dec 2022 18:22 ATS made it into top 100 last week, has been on the list for 2 weeks, rank 81 down from 71
ETS2 is 28 down from 17 been in top 100 for 515 weeks, that is a bit impressive considering GTA V has been on list only for 411 weeks :D

WEEKLY TOP SELLERS (on Steam)
Top 100 products by revenue published Tuesday 1AM, Pacific Time
https://store.steampowered.com/charts/t ... 2022-11-22

Please note games are listed by revenue not by sold copies
impressive? No, not really. Course then again, maybe you're easily impressed Plykke.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Viper28

#82 Post by Viper28 » 02 Dec 2022 08:33

justgettingold wrote: 01 Dec 2022 02:51 So, is this another iteration of our monthly wishlist thread? Ok let me chime in here until it's forgotten again.

I still think that bumpy roads are overlooked by everyone for absolutely no reason. Like yeah if you click on the link in the seriousmods's signature, that thread is filled with support of their addition. But in other discussions, things that are brought up the most are usually seasons, icc, prefabs, trailers. This is all cool stuff too but here's the thing... 99% of your time in the game is spent driving and not interacting with companies or cargo. No matter how great and detailed a shiny new prefab or a cargo are, it only takes two minutes to drive through it, load/unload, and then you're back on the road and it's all the same.

I understand why some people push for more states and trucks over everything else despite us already having enough of both: they make difference. They affect 99% of your gameplay because you have something new to look at, and interact with, as you drive - which is basically everything you can do in this game.

It's pretty obvious to me that in order to not be boring, the game which is 99% driving, needs exactly driving to be enhanced first. Through what exactly? Better physics? Seasons? Better AI? All great and is supposedly even being worked on but this'll take (or is already taking) so much time it's scary to imagine.

So how about starting with simpler stuff to maybe win some time for fundamental changes? Background sounds was a good and very simple idea. Dust will probably not be bad too if it'll make players always pay attention to their windshields. Make nights lighter so it won't be so pitch dark everywhere and you'll basically get a whole new driving environment which many people have been refusing to explore. Make depots have timetables and players will have to constantly care about their timing if they want to make it with no fines. Set the standard g_income at like 0.6 so it'll still be easy to earn money but these fines will at least be worth something. Finally, what I was writing this post for, make the roads have an uneven surface and voila - 99% of the gameplay will basically receive a whole new dimension. Every road will feel different, every truck will shake and sound different too, and it alone will make the game like 1.5 times as interesting. Is it hard to implement? No, we already have gravel roads and rumble strips and they work just fine. How much time will it take? Probably not nearly as much as seasons or AI rework. So why not do that?

If anything I'm not saying other ideas are bad - they're all great. Other simpler stuff like ICC, weigh stations improvement, more places to sleep, new prefabs, multidrop together will all make a good difference too. I just think we should be realistic and focus on things that will both be impactful and able to arrive in a reasonable amount of time. Like why would you seriously keep asking for seasons and walking mode and whatever when we still can't even repair our trucks in garages, and all it takes is literally a trigger lol.
Starting with the simpler stuff?!!!??? I mean crud, they've been PERPETUALLY STUCK with the simple stuff!
What game have you been playing?
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
J.Random

#83 Post by J.Random » 02 Dec 2022 11:44

Viper28 wrote: 02 Dec 2022 08:33 Starting with the simpler stuff?!!!??? I mean crud, they've been PERPETUALLY STUCK with the simple stuff!
Which is, strictly speaking, OK - for SCS. That's just basic businessing: make as much profit as possible while doing as little as cheap as possible. What's sad is that the #bestcommunityever is drinking Kool-aid like there's no tomorrow - which is why SCS calls it the #bestcommunityever. There is almost no pressure for SCS to improve, and half of it is directed at visual stuff (which will be improved anyway since it sells more easily).
justgettingold

#85 Post by justgettingold » 03 Dec 2022 02:47

@Viper28 Well, finish other lacking simple stuff first, then go for something more complex. Things like the garage repair trigger are just indicators. Do people really think that spamming "seasons" or alike everywhere will help, even if much more trivial requests often get ignored? This makes no sense. I just suggest to be realistic about it and focus requests on things which are badly needed, but are also obviously easy and fast to implement, like those I mentioned. That way, it'll become obvious whether SCS deliberately ignores all proposals or not. Right now, most of this forum is a mess of fantasies and speculations on how hard and costly it will be to bring those fantasies to the game. So far it has gotten us nowhere.
Optional Features

#86 Post by Optional Features » 03 Dec 2022 08:05

Well, part of the problem is that people have been asking for the same things since the game came out, and SCS hasn't really shared whether half of these things are in their plans.

Are they still working on rigid frames? There was a blog a decade ago. Not much of a peep since. How about opening doors? Over eight years for that one: nothing since. Dirt? We heard a comment from Pavel that they didn't like the first attempt at it, but nothing since. People speculate that all the truck washes popping up are a sign of it coming, but they also have added banks, hotels, and restaurants all over the map. Is an advanced health bar and sleep system coming? No one credible knows. WoT update? We know almost nothing. Driving school? We know almost nothing.

Some features we shouldn't need to ask for, but for a company that publishes more blogs than probably anyone else on Earth, we know almost nothing about anything important.

So we speculate and post endless threads expressing our ideas. Who knows if anyone even reads these, but they typically don't respond if they do.

Other devs have trellos and other roadmaps laying out years' worth of plans. Us? We have the 1.47 speculation thread or the Oklahoma discussion thread where users form their own ideas (based on teeny bits of evidence) about what is coming next. For Texas, even the price was a surprise.

I'm not sure I've seen anything like it outside this community. Speculation has been encouraged to the point where it has become an art form. And then there are forum users that criticize others for their speculations as they themselves speculate. It's crazy!
aquila99

#87 Post by aquila99 » 03 Dec 2022 11:23

if there is no competition, they are not motivated to add new features,
very soon should be released Alaskan Truck Simulator, let's see what it can offer and if it can pass ATS
TomDooley

#88 Post by TomDooley » 03 Dec 2022 12:23

Satisfied? No.

I'm missing things like parts really deteriorating, e.g., like blown tires or fuses, not just vague numbers that eventually lead to intermittent engine stops. No I'm not even talking of crashes and damage nodels. Or, include better weather - eg, wind can be a clallenge, especially for empty or lightly loaded trucks. Yeah, and seasons in general, like it or not, they affect driving. So please stop meaningless visuals like modofied lights/flares that appear only be meant to break mods. The issue of not being able to do maintenace or small repairs in a garage has been brought up for years, too. Hopefully dirt and washing will also come in this lifetime. A while ago, there was talk about partial/combined loads as well. So far, still a lot of wishes were left open.
matt1982

#89 Post by matt1982 » 03 Dec 2022 13:54

The core gameplay desperately needs some improvements just basic stuff like being able to get out of truck hook airlines up fill truck up at truck stops they could just use that hand symbol like of fs22 for example to hover mouse over what we need to do like opening closing doors on trailer before and after loading or the ratchet straps for flatbed chains for lowboy etc
flight50

#90 Post by flight50 » 03 Dec 2022 14:32

BHJ wrote: 03 Dec 2022 12:48 Even though I enjoy these game a lot I so wish SCS would make a "New" gameplay DLC, Something a Mod maker cant do. At this time all SCS DLC´s are in the the same category as what a Mod maker can do and already are producing like Map, truck, trailers. I so wish SCS would do something special and not common, something that only SCS could produce.
Modders do what they do because they use everything the devs male......but differently. Models, sii file tweaks, weather, maps, etc. For me, SCS does create something modders can't do and that's quality. But notice I said for me. I am not speaking for everyone else.

I am by no means saying SCS is perfect as tgey do have bugs, but their quality is more consistent than the 100s of mods out there that are trucks, maps and trailers. Not ever modder creates quality. There are some though. Even if SCS created something not common, it's then available for a modder to modify.

But I get what you are saying. Things like physics, damage, dirt on trucks, multi drop, etc......those type of things have to be done by SCS first. From there, modders will still modify things. Whatever SCS creates, a modder can tweak.

Return to “General discussion about the game”