Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

Impaler

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#51 Post by Impaler » 30 Nov 2022 00:45

The game is good for the most part.

ai needs work. to many times i get braked check on the highway, city or the ai just stops for no reason.

would like to see a slider for more traffic for better pcs with out having to use a mod or having to edit a console.

bigger garages to move your trucks in and out with the bigger trailers and less of them per state. personally with the scale we have we don't need as many as we do and with a hard cap of drivers we most likely never use them all

better sleeping. we shouldn't be able to sleep next to a road but when we drop off or pick up a load would be nice. i turn this off. for now but if we had something like this i would use it.

more tires for the trucks and trailers, wide and duels are needed this is really lacking in this area

trucks. imho have become a cookie cutter. and for how old this game is there is far to few of them. when was the last truck that came with a bull bar for a truck. in my area even aero trucks have them for the dear. we need more basic truck accessories.
flight50

#52 Post by flight50 » 30 Nov 2022 12:54

I agree with the last 2 post. The game is good, it's fun still as its relaxing. But playing all day......no. We need more innovation. I will admit.....while playing Texas the other day, for the first time, ATS felt like a chore. For the longest, ETS2 only felt like a chore.

Texas is huge. It has a ton of roads and its going to take me a long time to discover it at my pace. But to be honest, I was starting to get bored. Luckily for me. I only play on the weekends but with Texas, I been doing a few weeknights and this is where it's feeling like a chore. ATS will always be my go to game to chill and I will always support it. But I am seriously realizing why I am on here a ton more than actually playing ATS. That reason is to provide feedback on how to make the games better. A ton is missing and not getting addressed. Manpower is hurting. Pavel is hurting. He needs to take more risk and stop requiring people to live in Prague. Today's world is about remote access.

I think they are progressing in some areas but the same in others. This engine update has a ton riding on it. 2 limiting facts right now. 1)lack of multi core to open up the game task and 2)programming skill. If we get 1 without the other, we still at square one. In order to advance, we need both 1 and 2. I don't see one happening without the other if things are to take huge steps forward.
nodin747

#53 Post by nodin747 » 30 Nov 2022 15:43

The game is good, it's fun
Fun. How?
Forza - fun.
Mud runner - fun
Battlefield - fun
How ATS do fun?
xXCARL1992Xx

#54 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Nov 2022 16:24

by playing the game, people buy every new FIFA release yearly without any significant change and just play football, is this fun ? hell no it isnt for me but some people do find it fun

just because you dont find it fun doesnt mean the game isnt fun, or else the game wouldnt have soled 10 million copies (or almost 4 million for ATS) :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
VTXcnME

#55 Post by VTXcnME » 30 Nov 2022 17:24

@flight50 I agree.

There is a wealth of talent available across the globe that could help improve the product. But the stipulation of living *IN* Prague is certainly hurting them.

It's their business model, and I'm certain there's a reason for it. But yeesh.... they're limiting the pool of quality/talented employees to a wildly small margin.
Optional Features

#56 Post by Optional Features » 30 Nov 2022 17:46

flight50 wrote: 30 Nov 2022 12:54 Texas is huge. It has a ton of roads and its going to take me a long time to discover it at my pace. But to be honest, I was starting to get bored. Luckily for me. I only play on the weekends but with Texas, I been doing a few weeknights and this is where it's feeling like a chore.
Yeah, based on what I've seen looking at SteamCharts, Texas never broke the 24-hour player count set by Montana. I don't know what this means entirely, but what it could mean is Texas just wasn't as interesting to players and sales were lower. Regardless, the next few states are going to share a lot of similarities with Texas (flat, open land) with much less fanfare.

Exploring Kansas, with current map design, will not be fun for many people, and definitely not long term. We need more than maps.
ATS will always be my go to game to chill and I will always support it. But I am seriously realizing why I am on here a ton more than actually playing ATS. That reason is to provide feedback on how to make the games better. A ton is missing and not getting addressed. Manpower is hurting. Pavel is hurting. He needs to take more risk and stop requiring people to live in Prague. Today's world is about remote access.
I agree 95%. Part of the problem is that we are not maximizing what we have. From the outside looking in, the majority of effort is being directed at the decorative parts of the map. To reference the SCS request for Steam award votes, that's where the labor of love is. As a player, I don't feel it while performing the same unloading routine featured in 18 wheels of steel. I don't feel it while loading all cargo from any place, regardless of realism. And I don't feel it while seeing original California prefab companies pop up in new states with new signs outside. But I do feel it while driving through an inaccessible city or visiting a scenery town. The attention to detail is there; the passion is there. It's just not in the places I connect to most.

I would respectfully disagree 5%, though. I don't think they need more people. 300 people is a big team, and while I know every person doesn't do everything, I think there aren't any major holes in the team. They have a coding department, a graphics department, a 3D department, etc. I feel that none of these are being properly utilized.

Instead of giving us a cowboy skin for a truck, how about a collection of stripe designs that could be used in an in-game livery maker. I still don't understand why we pick a company name and logo, yet never use these again.

Instead of dedicating hours to modeling buildings we cannot even get close to without teleporting, how about a bit more effort on things that are interacted with, like the player garages. How about another animated door outside these garages? I don't think the maps have any.

Instead of an armadillo plushie as a reward for a WoT event, how about some more interior decorations or some cabguard accessories.

Instead of another ownable trailer, how about doubling back on the very oldest trailers and starting to give them some animated features. We're still backing a swing door trailer up to a closed door of a building to unload.

And finally, how about a focus on cargo, like you have been describing for years. If we are the truck in this game
with no character individuality (again in spite of picking a profile pic), then at the least, we should be able to differentiate ourselves wildly by never hauling the same thing in the same way twice.

I was bored last week, so I whipped up some multi-piece loads in Farming Sim. Where are the default ones? We're still hauling a plow that takes up a part of the deck with no ability to fill the rest.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#57 Post by 55sixxx » 30 Nov 2022 18:03

Overall, I'm happy with the direction the game is headed. I just think SCS needs to drop their obsolete mindsets and start hiring people from other parts of the globe than can actually help them... People that know how a truck should look, sound and perform properly. As of now, SCS is making truck games for trucking fans while the devs themselves (at least the VAST majority) probably weren't nowhere near a truck in their entire life.

Just having multi-drops and at least a winter update at the end of each year would make things 1000x better. I don't know why multi-drops still isn't a thing, they should have come a long long time ago.

*And by winter update I mean something like R* does with GTA Online. But instead of force everyone on the winter season, they would simply add an option in the menu like "Dynamic Season" and if the user has that enabled, every year at set date (Maybe on the same day as Xmas event start), the game would load the winter environment.
Optional Features

#58 Post by Optional Features » 30 Nov 2022 18:35

nodin747 wrote: 30 Nov 2022 15:43
The game is good, it's fun
Fun. How?
Forza - fun.
Mud runner - fun
Battlefield - fun
How ATS do fun?
Convoy is fun at times (typically when we're doing something the game wasn't designed to do). A good engine sound (and jake brake) combined with a weight mod is fun in a way. There is definitely fun in the game, but there is little novelty or challenge.
plykkegaard

#59 Post by plykkegaard » 30 Nov 2022 19:04

55sixxx wrote: 30 Nov 2022 18:03 ..the game would load the winter environment.
Or maybe a full Christmas dress :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
nodin747

#60 Post by nodin747 » 30 Nov 2022 20:14

seriousmods wrote: 30 Nov 2022 18:35
nodin747 wrote: 30 Nov 2022 15:43

Fun. How?
Forza - fun.
Mud runner - fun
Battlefield - fun
How ATS do fun?
Convoy is fun at times (typically when we're doing something the game wasn't designed to do). A good engine sound (and jake brake) combined with a weight mod is fun in a way. There is definitely fun in the game, but there is little novelty or challenge.
No point in multiplayer coz there is no competition. Imao. There could be even 32 players in same time but it's nothing change in gameplay. You can't interact with your teammates or smthg.

Return to “General discussion about the game”