Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

OldSchoolTrucking

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#241 Post by OldSchoolTrucking » 11 Dec 2022 23:17

Hi!

Well, the game is growing in capabilities, The experience in the convoy could be better if they were to implement something similar to what Flight Simulator did at the time and that is to have an AI traffic database that also works for online users, that way not everyone should have the same truck in your mods directory.
Old School Trucking by Will G.
t.me/oldschooltrucking
facebook.com/oldschooltruckingw
Optional Features

#242 Post by Optional Features » 12 Dec 2022 06:21

So I spent a bit of time today driving with grimes' various mods installed and a winter sound mod for extra effect. I think a localized version of these mods with some improvements would be about as much winter as we could ever want.

With essentially a built-in map addon, snowy areas could have:
  • Roads that are unplowed in winter, so tires sink into the snow, and traction is lower (with default chains for traction)
  • Berms of snow along the shoulders of plowed roads (like on a mountain pass)
  • AI snowplows (that drive on pre-programmed loops with their blades on the ground)
  • Snow on rooftops and other flat surfaces and piles of snow in parking lots
  • Snow gates down on routes that are closed in winter (Tioga Pass, Sonora, and Sherman passes in Cali, SR 20 in Washington, etc)
  • Digital signboards with relevant messages
On major roads, the transition could be from bare pavement when sunny or light snow to snow covered (with some lines visible like heavy winter) after prolonged snow to just a white road texture after longer periods of snowfall (like in a pass).

The game also needs default support for understeer and wheel speed that differs from travel speed. Even with frosty physics enabled, the tires never lock up, and it seems impossible to jackknife. Being able to slide around a bit would increase the challenge level many times, and contribute to the feeling of realism that is needed to make this work.

Otherwise, the way these mods are setup makes it feel like winter. It's harder to see, harder to stop, and even traffic was slowing down for the conditions. It was a change of pace from the norm, and would be welcomed as an official addon to the game.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
alex62

#243 Post by alex62 » 13 Dec 2022 14:13

I am always satisfied with the SCS team, I will always remain faithful to ETS2 in my free hours and I am always waiting for all the new DLC maps of any country whether it is the Balkans, Russia, Greece, Greece. Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Ireland, Iceland, the following Scandinavian countries, etc. to travel virtually everywhere :D and if one day ETS2 and ATS can have a single connection so that the truck can take the plane or a long ferry between europe and north america
flight50

#244 Post by flight50 » 13 Dec 2022 16:49

Nah. They have to keep realism. If a truck doesn't go by plane or long ferry now connecting to North America, its better off if SCS doesn't implement such.
killingjoke28336

#245 Post by killingjoke28336 » 13 Dec 2022 17:03

TAA and DLSS would be a first step. Raytracing is probably the last thing that this game will get if ever.
Ishlen

#246 Post by Ishlen » 13 Dec 2022 17:17

No, im not, since a few years ago, game keeps getting worst. Because its the same direction they had when they released the DX11 update. More lacking dlcs, no real important updates (like updating the game engine or giving us a proper lightning system, or improving the AI something they said ages ago and never happened, or giving us a better LOD system, they also said they were working on that ages ago... guess what, nothing lol) and thats about it. As long as people keep buying the dlcs, they will keep doing the same over and over again. They now said they are working on DX12, who cares? knowing SCS, unfortunately that is just an atrezzo feature like they did with DX11. We still have crappy aliasing (seriously how can anybody play these games without NPI??), terrible shimmering all over the place, terrible shadows, etc. All of this should have been improved with DX11, but it did not. Pretty the opposite.

And now, since i said something negative about the game, i will be banned. Classic in these forums, if not, wait for it...
xXCARL1992Xx

#247 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Dec 2022 17:28

lol, someone who didnt ready anything but thinks knows everything, classic :lol:

a ban would only be a godsend for the rest of us to not read such nonsense constantly :rofl:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#248 Post by Optional Features » 13 Dec 2022 17:41

killingjoke28336 wrote: 13 Dec 2022 17:03 TAA and DLSS would be a first step. Raytracing is probably the last thing that this game will get if ever.
We don't have shadows at night yet. Raytracing is unlikely.
flight50

#249 Post by flight50 » 13 Dec 2022 18:19

Ishlen wrote: 13 Dec 2022 17:17 They now said they are working on DX12, who cares? knowing SCS, unfortunately that is just an atrezzo feature like they did with DX11. We still have crappy aliasing (seriously how can anybody play these games without NPI??), terrible shimmering all over the place, terrible shadows, etc. All of this should have been improved with DX11, but it did not. Pretty the opposite.
I'm not sure how much you actually follow SCS but DX12 and the engine upgrade is the reason why not much was implemented with DX11. So who cares? We all should. The things you mentioned is part of the engine upgrade that can be addressed then. SCS has told us numerous times they are working the game engine. Its more than just DX12 though. Why implement everything under the sun with DX11 when the devs are working upgrading the game engine to both DX12 and Vulkan.

After this engine upgrade, then if stuff doesn't come and make improvements shortly afterwards, that is when we complain and get concerned. But until the engine is updated, it just doesn't make sense to expect anything else from what we got now engine wise/programming wise.
Ishlen

#250 Post by Ishlen » 13 Dec 2022 19:26

flight50 wrote: 13 Dec 2022 18:19
I'm not sure how much you actually follow SCS but DX12 and the engine upgrade is the reason why not much was implemented with DX11. So who cares? We all should. The things you mentioned is part of the engine upgrade that can be addressed then.
Ive been "following" SCS since, i cant remember, where the game was relased lol. 2014?

And again, im sorry dude, they "promised" a better AA when the "upgrade" to DX11 was released. What we got? even worst AA than we had. Lighting system? are you serious? terrible. Sure, lights are more "realistic" but the lighting system we had before was way better because it was consistent and STABLE. Some roads in ATS make the game basically unplayable unless you have sunglasses. That never happened before. Or you have inconsistences on the cabin illumination and you see all dark when it shouldnt, or the opposite around... lol I could go on. Ambient oclusion? who cares? its completely awful , and in many situations you dont even notice it. I use the AO from NPI and it looks so much better.. ridiculous. Of course, with a game engine not able to project proper shadows, its not going to do a good job with things like AO... lol. But mark my words, we will have an "upgrade" to DX12 and we are going to get nothing. I know the drill. But i cant really say how things are because im gonna be banned. So. This conversation is pointless. Im sure this thinking of yours will be the same when DX12 comes. And it gets old lol.

And no, unfortunately the community has proven over and over again that they dont care for the actual quality of the game. If they did they will not be that naive. They just want more dlcs to buy and keep playing. Period. Even if the game is completely unplayable without NPI and has been since the ages of times. Its a sad true.

So yup, i dont have any hopes that the "upgrade" to DX12 is going to bring something actually useful in terms of the game engine. Because for starters, no real upgrades are possible until the game engine can support more than one core. And that, is never going to happen keeping in mind the story of SCS. lol. But hope is never a bad thing, you can hope everything you want, just remember this post when you get nothing when the DX12 is embedded in the game engine. And so you know, the game does not even have support for FULL DX11 features, not even at this point. So. And i laugh so much when people start asking for things like raytracing.. i thought it was a joke, but apparently not... :lol: :shock:

And dont let me start talking about all the important things they "promised" ages ago and we are still waiting. Like a better AI, better LOD system, so many things. But yup. Keep the hopes high.
Last edited by Ishlen on 13 Dec 2022 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”