Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

flight50

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#551 Post by flight50 » 06 Feb 2023 17:22

JeeF wrote: 06 Feb 2023 15:22 @flight50 Just to be abundantly clear: I am encouraging people who are not satisfied with the direction of the game to say so with their wallets.
If you (people) are satistied with the direction of the game, by all means continue supporting SCS. That's only logical.
We don't need everybody to be unhappy with SCS, a slice of the pie who are unhappy making their opinions heard with their wallets is more than enough.
Also, the intent is not of cruelty or payback or anything like that. I don't want to hurt SCS out of spite. I simply believe that speaking with our wallets may be the only way to be heard.
Specially since I've worked for half a decade in the videogame industry, publisher side. I know there's only one type of data the big guys care about.
Ahhh, got it. Now that I can work with, lol. I myself encourage people who are not happy with the direction to use their wallet if you choose to. The previous comment seem to direct all to use their wallets. Understood now. Thanks for making it clear.
Optional Features

#552 Post by Optional Features » 06 Feb 2023 17:27

One thing that I don't understand as a gamer is why SCS has to get so many suggestions from its community.

I've seen some comments about how the community asked for X, and over time SCS delivered, but I wonder why we had to ask for these things in the first place?

If I'm making an automobile, should my buyers have to ask for tires or a steering wheel or seats?

We're asking SCS for a cargo system that takes weight into account or interactivity on the dash or a walk mode? Shouldn't these be expected features in a game of this type?
actros aaron

#553 Post by actros aaron » 06 Feb 2023 17:29

I have to echo what 55sixxx said...

I didn't bother buying Texas and I wont be buying anymore DLCs or content until there is some improvement in game play and functionality..

There's no point in releasing lovely new trailers either and still delivering them to nonsensical destinations for $80.000 a trip..
JulioMasterBR

#554 Post by JulioMasterBR » 06 Feb 2023 17:45

actros aaron wrote: 06 Feb 2023 17:29 I have to echo what 55sixxx said...

I didn't bother buying Texas and I wont be buying anymore DLCs or content until there is some improvement in game play and functionality..

There's no point in releasing lovely new trailers either and still delivering them to nonsensical destinations for $80.000 a trip..
I will do the same
Optional Features

#556 Post by Optional Features » 06 Feb 2023 18:33

Man, I was kinda looking forward to continuing my missed opportunities thread with Oklahoma and Kansas, but I may have to join the movement!
howey

#557 Post by howey » 07 Feb 2023 00:06

@flight50 55 Six pretty much summed up why gameplay functionality on a smaller map hands down beats a larger map with next to nothing gameplay functionality.

Prime example for me is fs 22 on console. Can only have 2x maps atm but I can spent a ton of hours on that size maps doing multiple things in relation to farming or even outside of it if I wanted to due to the functionality the game has to offer. Towards the end I could'nt even spend 5mins playing ATS due to how bland to game is these days. Having played more sims with the expanded functionality gameplay they have to offer has really opened my eyes on how bland ETS 2& ATS is. Yeah having a few trucks and trailers is great but pretty useless is you can't function them properly like you can on On The Road, Farm Sim and Construction sim for example.

That's why you see Seriousmods use FS as an example alot of numerous things and I totally understand why he does so.
JeeF

#558 Post by JeeF » 07 Feb 2023 00:36

@howey It's a good point about FS.
I own ATS since it was launched and got a bit over 400 hours on it. Got all the achievements, delivered every cargo, drove every truck, played with hundreds of mods, made a few mods myself, basically "completed the game" with 3 different profiles, not to mention quite a bit of MP.

I own FS22 and even though it was released just 1 year ago, I got 1200 hours on it, and I'm still just scratching the surface of what the game has to offer. I'm having a blast, and I love driving trucks FAR more than I love farming.

There's just something about it. Functionality is definitely a major one.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
Optional Features

#559 Post by Optional Features » 07 Feb 2023 01:37

@howey As a lover of trucks and sim games, I am so frustrated that I have yet to find a way to turn FS into more of a trucking game. I was working with a friend on a steering script that'll make high speed driving a bit more manageable, but that is temporarily stalled. And in 17, another friend had made a jake brake script that allowed me to turn it off (simple I know, but makes a big difference).

These two scripts, a parking brake script, and a handful of others, and I'd be set for short haul trucking like nothing else. I can find pretty much every other kind of mod from trucks to trailers (with liftgates) to pallet jacks, forklifts, warehouses, yard trucks, and the list goes on, all functional.

On the other hand, if I could get these functional vehicles in ATS along with some of the conceptual bits like the placeable system, I might just stop playing FS altogether.

I have no preference tbh: I just want to have fun, my own fun. And right now, it's almost easier to play as a trucker in a farming game.

Just the character customization alone makes it worth it: I want my guy in game to kinda look like me irl. And I can't even change my character's shirt in ATS.

[ external image ]

Then there's the stuff like sketchily loading a big machine on a small trailer. I can't do that either here. If I could, I would do all kinds of stuff I probably shouldn't, and see how far I made it down the road.
[ external image ]
Trakaplex

#560 Post by Trakaplex » 07 Feb 2023 02:05

It's easy. When Texas released, it's that same feeling again. When SCS pumps a new map, the excitement goes high but after a month everything gets old again. Then they all praise SCS "you're the best". What was promised to be a mega map expansion reduced to memorizing almost every street corner. SCS needs to do something other than maps, because people on Steam are criticizing them now, and it's what @55isxxx had to say here. And I somewhat agree. Mapping has become a "laxative" for SCS, and they might capture scenery well, but even mods can do cities better now. The difference with MSFS though is that it's 1:1 scale, so there's a bit more to see. We would have to ditch SCS's map DLC's (and not forgetting the aforementioned flashy paint images) and give them gameplay complaints.

Improving trucking gameplay, weather, random disasters, and seasons would give the real truckers' vibe. I'm glad this thread was opened, because SCS is also trying to make this game a tourism simulator. Texas Historical Marker Program in a Truck Sim? Seriously? In 1:20 scale? It isn't practical, where Johnson City? LBJ birthplace? All the other markers in DFW besides Six Flags? Ignore the work and coding needed, work always gives better results. And it's not impossible if a mod could do it with the current engine. Stuff SCS has been asked for years still not there.

It's unlikely the game will have FH5 graphics soon though with the current engine.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation

Return to “General discussion about the game”