Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

nodin747

Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#1 Post by nodin747 » 19 Nov 2022 09:59

What do you prefer in the game? the release of new additions, or the development of the technical part of the game - graphics, physics, economics?
Optional Features

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#2 Post by Optional Features » 19 Nov 2022 10:33

I'd like to see both. Improved physics and roads that's aren't perfectly smooth would be a good start, but I'd like far more control over my playing experience.

Right now, even with mods, I have little control over my gameplay experience aside from which asphalt path to follow and what shape of box to tow. More map can't help that: features can. The current map we have is better than all the alternatives.
aquila99

#3 Post by aquila99 » 19 Nov 2022 15:25

improve the technical aspect of the game. In the new map or new reworked zone there is a drop of fps. Multi core is necessary , also if they want to develop for consoles.

also i share the idea of @seriousmods about improving the cargo system, we have everything but they are not exploited
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 19 Nov 2022 20:18

aquila99 wrote: 19 Nov 2022 15:25 improve the technical aspect of the game. In the new map or new reworked zone there is a drop of fps. Multi core is necessary , also if they want to develop for consoles.

also i share the idea of @seriousmods about improving the cargo system, we have everything but they are not exploited
The way I see it, a map and trucks get people playing. Features keep them playing.

And we don't need a crazy amount of features, just some. Cargo and scales with a point would be a great start connected with sliding axles and fifth wheels. Now, instead of drop and hook freight, we'd have to pay some attention to where stuff goes, set our truck up properly for legal weight, and then haul the load. We'd also ideally be able to start multi loads and fill the decks of our trailers adequately.
nodin747

#5 Post by nodin747 » 20 Nov 2022 07:32

"And we don't need a crazy amount of features. "
Pls don't speak for all of us!
Quark

#6 Post by Quark » 20 Nov 2022 08:53

:roll: Quite the realist as ever
Calibuddy99

#7 Post by Calibuddy99 » 20 Nov 2022 09:25

The graphics seriously DESPERATELY need fixing. We need DX12 support, and modifications to the way the graphic related things work; such as improving the overall quality of all graphics settings by a decent amount. What I would love is ray tracing, and DLSS 3. That would be awesome, but that won't happen at all. At least DX12 support and overall graphics quality will happen eventually.
Nothing to say here anymore.
automaton

#8 Post by automaton » 21 Nov 2022 21:17

I agree with seriousmods. You can only go so far with adding every truck and every state. That'll get more people, yes, but more gameplay features will retain them. The game has been pretty lackluster when it comes to management gameplay, so I'd really love to see SCS focus on that in the foreseeable future.
Optional Features

#9 Post by Optional Features » 21 Nov 2022 22:05

nodin747 wrote: 20 Nov 2022 07:32 "And we don't need a crazy amount of features. "
Pls don't speak for all of us!
I would love a crazy amount of features, but a small number would be better than almost none.

A player-driven cargo system alone would be a massive improvement over current gameplay.

@automaton From all I can tell, Texas has yet to hit the player peak of Montana. It came close yesterday, but fell just short. I can assume that player numbers will remain high for a couple more weeks, but they always drop back to around 6-8k daily players.

I believe this is because new dlc buyers speed run achievements, then return to the games they played before. Aside from driving in ever larger loops, there's not a lot of reasons to play consistently. People play when something is new, then leave once the novelty has worn off.
rookie31st

#10 Post by rookie31st » 21 Nov 2022 22:23

I'm totally fine with the graphics, but gameplay stagnation is critical now for me. And no, the Photo Trophy is not a gameplay enhancement/improvement. Achievements for 10+ repetitive deliveries of some cargo that's super hard to find especially in the External Market are not just boring but repulsive. WoT in general is abandoned despite its insane potential for virtual trucking companies and players' collaboration.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!

Return to “General discussion about the game”