Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

rsr

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#141 Post by rsr » 05 Dec 2022 19:22

I really like the new DLCs, in 1.46 we got blessed with what is IMO the best new feature regarding physics which is the driveshaft torque. But although I really like those things, the game is still crawling in terms of gameplay improvement. The feeling I have is that the dev team is either preparing for a HUGE change for the game or they just are spending time on changing features that have no need to change at all.

I mean tweaking photo mode, map layout, custom city intros or new viewpoints for example, like why messing with those things when you could've brought so many other stuff that would been way more usefull to players?

Others said in this post already and I totally agree, gameplay is stopped in time since its launch.
55sixxx

#142 Post by 55sixxx » 05 Dec 2022 19:38

JeeF wrote: 05 Dec 2022 19:21 This leads me to believe that SCS may be afraid of pushing a change out and is not perfect, as players will see it and think "wow, is that the best SCS can do after all these years waiting?"
And in fact that may be the case, that may be the best they can do with the tools and personnel they have at hand. So instead of taking a chance, they just don't deliver anything at all. That way, no disappointment.
This may sound like opinon, but again I'm arriving at a conclusion based on what I've seen from them for years now. I don't ever see them taking a chance, being bold, pushing the envelope.

"We didn't release dirt because it wasn't perfect, we weren't happy with it". <- this sucks.
"We are releasing dirt in this update. We are not happy with it, it's far from perfect, but we will be improving it little by little with future updates, and we are open to feedback!" <- this is awesome.
And what do I respect most of all? Communication. We have zero.
I agree with most, specially with this part.

BUT, the truth is that SCS does not take chances because they know what their #bestcommunityever can do when they receive an update that does not meet the expectations they built in their heads. I wasn't around when the VNL released because at that time I had stopped playing ETS2 and still had not bought ATS yet, but from what I read every now and then, the community complained sooo much about how the VNL was taking too long that SCS just gave up, released it with a lot of problems and the community threw a fuzz and started to complain and ask how SCS could release something so half assed like that.

Yes, comparing trucks to features is like comparing apples to oranges but at the end, both are still pretty much the same thing: New content.

So even tho I'd like to see SCS being more ambitious and daring, it's just not gonna happen.

Now, this next part is not towards you JeeF, but, I'm pretty sure that if SCS actually does what you're proposing and release something that is sort of a prototype or experiment of a long awaited feature and this first iteration of it does not meet the expectations of some of the people that are in this thread right now, complaining SCS is stagnating and is not taking chances, the same people would complain sooo much and throw so much crap at SCS that they would just give up and never do it again.
TexasWhirlwind

#143 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 05 Dec 2022 19:45

NO. They are trying to make ATS into ETS2... So no I am not..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
xXCARL1992Xx

#144 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Dec 2022 19:49

what nonsense response is this ?!
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#145 Post by flight50 » 05 Dec 2022 19:56

^I didn't get that post either, lol
55sixxx

#146 Post by 55sixxx » 05 Dec 2022 19:58

I think I understand what he means tho... In ATS, SCS caters towards players that come from ETS2, that's why even tho it's ATS, the game still has a lot of stuff that just does not belong in american trucking and feel very "european", retarders being one of them.

That's why SCS is sort of inducing players to use automatics, modern tech... Even tho manuals and older trucks are still a big thing.

If you take a completely vanilla profile and start playing it, you'll soon realize that the game is missing a lot of things, things that simbolizes that you are driving in America... Sometimes it will even give off the vibe that you just bought a ETS2 re-skin DLC (Apart from maps of course). That's the reason why I cannot go back to vanilla anymore, I need my good engine and jake brake sounds, I need accurate and realistic wheels, I need realistic transmissions and more engine options.
Last edited by 55sixxx on 05 Dec 2022 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
gaillard

#147 Post by gaillard » 05 Dec 2022 20:06

OK boomer.

To all of you who are insensible to irony and sarcasm, this is just a joke, and I know americans can't bear this. It's a european thing. I'm a 73 baby boy
Optional Features

#148 Post by Optional Features » 05 Dec 2022 20:30

Even in maps, SCS isn't pushing themselves as hard as they could. We're starting to see companies from original California pop up in the latest states with new graphics and signs. And we still have player garages from the start of the game.

Meanwhile, the decorative mapping team is pumping out thousands of unique spots for companies and yards, many of which the player can't even drive through.

If they won't use the map to its fullest extent, I'm not sure how we can expect them to use the engine to its fullest extent. The map is about all we have right now, and it's mostly decorative.
rsr

#149 Post by rsr » 05 Dec 2022 20:33

TexasWhirlwind wrote: 05 Dec 2022 19:45 NO. They are trying to make ATS into ETS2... So no I am not..
I think his response has nothing to do with the current subject of the discussion. He was answering to the original question of the post.
flight50

#150 Post by flight50 » 05 Dec 2022 21:27

^yeah. Based on what 55sixxx said.........you are right. Sounds like he is replying to the topic itself. It was a such a short reply in the middle of a lot of other stuff that it was confusing for sure.

Return to “General discussion about the game”