Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

matt1982

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#151 Post by matt1982 » 05 Dec 2022 21:45

I'd like scs to change how the cargo is delivered at unloading bays dry vans and reffer trailers I think this would work for instead of the green box that we park in get rid off it and be assigned a door number on our destination in the route advisor and back trailer up to approitate door I noticed there's already numbers on some of doors in the prefabs small improvement and not massive change but it I think it would help
Optional Features

#152 Post by Optional Features » 05 Dec 2022 22:03

matt1982 wrote: 05 Dec 2022 21:45 I'd like scs to change how the cargo is delivered at unloading bays dry vans and reffer trailers I think this would work for instead of the green box that we park in get rid off it and be assigned a door number on our destination in the route advisor and back trailer up to approitate door I noticed there's already numbers on some of doors in the prefabs small improvement and not massive change but it I think it would help
Yep, also add the blinking lights on the building itself. Then add a time fast forward feature so instead of a black screen while loading, we could do stuff in the sleeper (look for cargo on a much more expansive load board, search job boards for employees, research used trucks, etc).

When the light goes green, then we can leave.
Last edited by Optional Features on 05 Dec 2022 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
plykkegaard

#153 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Dec 2022 22:11

Easy now
Pause the game to manage your company is sufficient
No need for a ton of options
Not all like a big sleeper

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
VTXcnME

#154 Post by VTXcnME » 05 Dec 2022 22:12

JeeF wrote: 05 Dec 2022 19:21 We don't have a crystal ball to tell us what's going on inside SCS and their development mentality.
All we can do is deal with FACTS. All we have is information on what SCS delivered in the past, to judge what they will in the future.

So let's leave aside opinions for now, cos I believe that "I think this, I think that" is not productive and I'm personally not interested.

What has SCS done for ATS or ETS2 in the past few years that was actually meaningful, aside map expansion?
The last thing I can think of that was actually meaningful was multiplayer, and they made a hash of that.
We can see each other, and grab the same job, but what else? Can't work together in one company and grow it.
Can't use the same garage. Can't even see each other driving into the garage. Why are they so afraid of taking chances? Always going the simplest and easiest routes in development.

I can't remember any other meaningful addition or change to the game that wow'd me. New trailers and trucks? Mods already cover that and do a much better job. Mods very often wow me, updates don't.

This leads me to believe that SCS may be afraid of pushing a change out and is not perfect, as players will see it and think "wow, is that the best SCS can do after all these years waiting?"
And in fact that may be the case, that may be the best they can do with the tools and personnel they have at hand. So instead of taking a chance, they just don't deliver anything at all. That way, no disappointment.
This may sound like opinon, but again I'm arriving at a conclusion based on what I've seen from them for years now. I don't ever see them taking a chance, being bold, pushing the envelope.

"We didn't release dirt because it wasn't perfect, we weren't happy with it". <- this sucks.
"We are releasing dirt in this update. We are not happy with it, it's far from perfect, but we will be improving it little by little with future updates, and we are open to feedback!" <- this is awesome.

We don't see this from them, ever. They don't take chances. Aren't we "the best community ever"? What are they afraid of then? Release something crappy and overtime we can work together with feedback and dev to polish it.

And if you're thinking they will only release stuff once it's great and that's what you prefer and that's how it should be done, you need to understand that means a game full of potential going to waste.
How about removing AI traffic from the game and only releasing it again once it's perfect and they are happy with it? Economy too, money is meaningless, why not remove it all and re-add once it's perfect?

Something incomplete is better than nothing at all and allows us to give feedback and ideas for it to be improved overtime. And it shows initiative, a want, a drive. I have immense respect for that.
And what do I respect most of all? Communication. We have zero.
This. All of this.

And yes, the longer some feature take to come, the higher the expectation is, which probably scares SCS more, which pushes the release further out. So on and so forth. I agree, for a company that calls their patrons "the best community ever" they are certainly scared to take any chances with their software. And I think some here like to argue against any ideas as they just like to argue. Not everyone here would cry out in angry voices that a feature wasn't fully polished and complete. I think a lot of folks here would be excited to see them taking an honest stab at new features.
Optional Features

#155 Post by Optional Features » 05 Dec 2022 22:22

I was very happy to see the driveshaft torque addition, and that was a relatively minor feature.

If they implemented something bigger like customizable yards, a livery editor, or a node-based cargo system, I'd be spending my time playing instead of chatting here.
VTXcnME

#156 Post by VTXcnME » 05 Dec 2022 22:26

"If they implemented something bigger like...... a node based cargo system" @seriousmods

Yeah... that. Node based cargo and multi drop would change the entirety of game play for me. You could plan out loads and destinations. Have to focus on different delivery windows... dang. It'd be a nice addition. Even that would change the point A to point B mundane-ness of where ATS sits currently.
J.Random

#157 Post by J.Random » 05 Dec 2022 22:37

> Node based cargo and multi drop would change the entirety of game play for me. You could plan out loads and destinations.
That's something that requires a full economy revamp into a supply/demand-based one, where the cargo would not fill your current trailer completely all the time. Not as hard as it sounds. But it's "unrealistic expectations" and "not ATS anymore", I guess (meanwhile some people naively expect "multicore" to be the silver bullet allowing their dreams to come true).
Optional Features

#158 Post by Optional Features » 05 Dec 2022 22:52

VTXcnME wrote: 05 Dec 2022 22:26 "If they implemented something bigger like...... a node based cargo system" @seriousmods

Yeah... that. Node based cargo and multi drop would change the entirety of game play for me. You could plan out loads and destinations. Have to focus on different delivery windows... dang. It'd be a nice addition. Even that would change the point A to point B mundane-ness of where ATS sits currently.
Over thanksgiving, I roleplayed these concepts in Farming Sim. I didn't have much of a map to work with, and these loads could be better, but getting stuff to fit on deck was a fun experience. I can only imagine how much better it would be in a game with a 12 state map.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

This auger in particular was a real pain to get on the trailer, and I was using cheats lol.

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#159 Post by Optional Features » 05 Dec 2022 22:56

J.Random wrote: 05 Dec 2022 22:37 > Node based cargo and multi drop would change the entirety of game play for me. You could plan out loads and destinations.
That's something that requires a full economy revamp into a supply/demand-based one, where the cargo would not fill your current trailer completely all the time. Not as hard as it sounds. But it's "unrealistic expectations" and "not ATS anymore", I guess (meanwhile some people naively expect "multicore" to be the silver bullet allowing their dreams to come true).
When people say "not ATS any more", what is ATS currently that we are trying to preserve?
flight50

#160 Post by flight50 » 05 Dec 2022 23:44

J.Random wrote: 05 Dec 2022 22:37 > Node based cargo and multi drop would change the entirety of game play for me. You could plan out loads and destinations.
I won't comment to the multi core comment much but almost everyone except you thinks it makes better use of the pc which opens up the game to separate task. So it does more good than not to have multi core. Mono core as we have now will keep the game limited.

As far as needing an economy revamp.....I don't think so. In fact, leave it. Things break when you pile stuff on top of stuff in codes. The better way to do it I think is create a brand new mode. They did this for Convoy and for Cargo market. For those that don't want to do multi drop, the game is set already. Make a brand new mechanic and toss everything in that. Inside this new mechanic is where SCS allows sliding of tandems and 5th wheel after loaded. This is also where they make weigh stations and scales work with the new mechanic system. Toss in inspection stations.

Dynamic bay assignments should come to all modes. I'd rather bays get generated from a check in booth vs out of thin air. For warehouse distribution centers, this is how it works. For depots without check in booths, the only option that is feasible is get out the truck and go check in. I'd support that but keep it very very limited. I don't think there should actually be a building to enter though. Perhaps a blackout screen with a paperwork telling you your bay number as you walk towards a building. Maybe a green check in box at the door.

Return to “General discussion about the game”