Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

Trakaplex

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#451 Post by Trakaplex » 16 Jan 2023 17:06

nodin747 wrote: 16 Jan 2023 11:44 Community: moon displayed wrong pls fix it
SCS: delete moon
Community: SCS you r the best
Why would SCS remove the moon? That would destroy the realism...sounds Moonfall to me. Maybe they could add it back in when the seasons come. Seasons would be a changer tbh. I think they could add different types of localized weather. I remember someone joking about tornadoes being added in Oklahoma could be a reality if SCS starts working on it. There are a decent amount of weather mods made by external parties that capture the feel really well. When this comes out, I won't have to worry about these weather mods (kind of like how I trashed the remove barrier mod via 1.45). SCS will probably add a date changer. It'd be a simple Google Earth sandbox, but truck driving edition.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
VTXcnME

#452 Post by VTXcnME » 16 Jan 2023 21:01

@Trakaplex my only issue with the grimes winter mod is that it's a universal blanket. So driving in southern California or gulf side of Texas, it's snowy. Otherwise, I think they've done a helluva job showcasing what textures and masks could look like on the current map with the current graphics engine. His mod even has different parts of seasons, they just don't auto cycle, and don't geographically fill where appropriate. Despite all that: Grimes has done an amazing job of showcasing what's possible currently for ATS.

I hope SCS is looking at it and seeing what's feasible. One guy's work has made a significant impact on what's possible for ATS. If SCS put a team on this (a team familiar with game and game source code).... imagine the possibilities! Something that could add so to the in game driving experience.
55sixxx

#453 Post by 55sixxx » 16 Jan 2023 21:16

nodin747 wrote: 16 Jan 2023 11:44 Community: moon displayed wrong pls fix it
SCS: delete moon
Community: SCS you r the best
Honestly, I have never, EVER, seen a community and game developer so close minded as this one.

You can't say or post one thing that goes against the developers mindset or you're banned. Even if what you posted is absolutely no reason for you to be banned. And you can't say one negative thing about the developers or else the community minions will swarm you trying to defend the devs, even if what you just said, could make things a whole lot fun for everyone else.

This is how this community is and there is no changing, absolutely no changing it.

The absolute amount of entitlement some users have here is also beyond comprehension. "Oh, you posted something related to A or B, I don't like neither A or B, the post has offended me so I'll have to ban you for that".

I'm a hair close, of being completely done with this forum, SCS social media cringe posts and anything related to the community...
SouthernMan

#454 Post by SouthernMan » 17 Jan 2023 00:49

This was one of the reasons I slowly left this forum though. If you have an opinion and try to express it, you will certainly be ridiculed or even tempted to censure you. So...
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
lweb3

#455 Post by lweb3 » 17 Jan 2023 02:56

I hope you guys don’t leave for the simple fact I like looking at your screenshots :lol:
Xaagon

#456 Post by Xaagon » 17 Jan 2023 03:26

With the removing things instead of fixing them I always thought the idea was to fix them and then bring them back, but some things have been gone for a very long time. Also, I've seen some bug reports that get acknowledged, but seem to have no great urgency in resolving them. I speculate that this is because most of the efforts are being directed at map expansions (where the revenue's at) and new trucks.
flight50

#457 Post by flight50 » 17 Jan 2023 05:18

Xaagon wrote: 17 Jan 2023 03:26 With the removing things instead of fixing them I always thought the idea was to fix them and then bring them back
That’s what I was hoping for too. Anything is fixable if it implemented to begin with.
Madkine
Global moderator

#458 Post by Madkine » 17 Jan 2023 07:31

Xaagon wrote: 17 Jan 2023 03:26 Also, I've seen some bug reports that get acknowledged, but seem to have no great urgency in resolving them. I speculate that this is because most of the efforts are being directed at map expansions (where the revenue's at) and new trucks.
It's more likely to be because if they tried to fix all the known bugs there's be no one left to work on anything else.
Like any large piece of software, at this point they have a bug backlog containing thousands (if not tens of thousands) of items.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Trakaplex

#459 Post by Trakaplex » 17 Jan 2023 07:57

SouthernMan wrote: 17 Jan 2023 00:49 This was one of the reasons I slowly left this forum though. If you have an opinion and try to express it, you will certainly be ridiculed or even tempted to censure you. So...
I think the map leads are doing a good job even with our criticism like Davido, and taking our suggestions. Even the locals of the DLC region (like what Simon is doing for Texas right now). I've seen a lot of that lately arise, with even natvander doing simple inconsistency fixes. But when it comes to who is responsible for the AI and mainframe game features, they just seem languid about it. We've never seen a fix in traffic until 1.46. That kind of skill would monstrously require coding (including seasons), and even though Grimes does capture weather. SCS is you know... lounging on the beach map-making and they probably have only a minimal persons to build that.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Calibuddy99

#460 Post by Calibuddy99 » 17 Jan 2023 09:49

Wait, the moon existed in the game but was removed? That sounds like the event I have decided to call the Moondrop. the decision to remove the moon from the game is what I'm gonna call Unrealism At It's Finest. They better add the moon back, whether fixed or NOT. They better, as I hate UNREALISM in realistic style games!
Nothing to say here anymore.

Return to “General discussion about the game”