Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

TomDooley

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#221 Post by TomDooley » 08 Dec 2022 16:58

I might be an exception to the "rule", but... as a European though, I mostly play ATS, despite its shortcomings. I got ETS2 back in the days before Steam, and haven't bought its latesst DLCs, because a) I am not at all interested in Eastern Europe and b) I hate Steam, the game was better off without it. More, I'm more than a little disappointed with the state of the road map of core Europe... even after a much hyped "rework", large parts are still just crap becaude of missing or wrong major roads and/or omitted cities. Okay, California (especially) isn't really that much better in that respect. Without mods at least. But, Promods for ETS is an enormous ballast, for the few areas it makes playable. Oh, and don't forget, it needs some more DLCs (likely for the prefabs) that I will not buy. So, I've more or less given up playing it.
gaillard

#222 Post by gaillard » 08 Dec 2022 19:54

+1 for regretting legacy game support, due to Convoy that legacy users don't look for a second
+1 for having all DLCs but preferring US maps.
+1 for not liking some ETS DLC Baltics and East Balkans, including not issued Russia.
+1 for not using any map mod. Except Grimes Paris extension.
Grizzly

#223 Post by Grizzly » 09 Dec 2022 02:54

VTXcnME wrote: 08 Dec 2022 12:41
Grizzly wrote: 07 Dec 2022 21:48
Ok, point made, you said it would bring everything :lol:
If you **actually** read the post- I say it's gonna increase the resale value of your home. Make you better looking, a mess of sarcastic things. Indicating the list being a joke.

Maybe I should be clearer for the comedy challenged- direct X 12 can't actually make your home more valuable. Or most of the rest of the things I said in jest.

If you actually bothered to read it- i conclude more seriously under that satirical list that DX12 realistically won't bring as much as people hope it will. If you wanna dispute something, Ya gotta actually do the work- not just do a quick scan.

Or- i suppose the other option is that comedy, sarcasm, and satire aren't really your strong points. 🤣🤣🤣
You really can't tell I'm just having a laugh? The lol didn't give it away?
AlexxxF1

#224 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Dec 2022 10:35

looks like that the SCS suffered not only financial losses in ETS2. but it also suffered a loss of the popularity of ETS2 too.

analyzing the graph, it can be seen that the peak of popularity of ETS2 was achieved with the release of the 7th DLС map Iberia. April 2021.
then there was a slight decline, and again growth almost peaked in anticipation of the release of HoR DLC. May 2021 - January 2022.

with the release of the HoR DLC, the historical peak of players in ETS2 can easily be exceeded. 70 - 80 000 or more ?
but with the delayed HoR DLC, we only got a gradual decrease in the popularity of ETS2 among ordinary players. February - December 2022.

yes, it also affects the fact that from December 2019 to December 2022, for 3 whole years, we received only 1 DLC map (Iberia) for ETS2
and the entire emphasis was placed on the ATS, which received whole 5 DLC maps for 3 years ( ID DLC, CO DLC, WY DLC, MT DLC, TX DLC ).
1 new truck for ETS2 vs 6 new trucks for ATS.

:idea: it would be great if the SCS switched to the release of even smaller, but more frequent DLC for ETS2 too.
:arrow: for 1 year, we could get, for example, Greece DLC and Belarus DLC.
also, their lower price than 17.99 would have affected their large sales in the early days. many would not see the point of expecting a discount for example.

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#225 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Dec 2022 11:48

you know this is pure nonsense you have written ?

the player numbers are within the normal bounds of tolerance, also you compare it to years where the world was in a lock down and consequently more people played, every game has this dip in 2022 in numbers, so no HoR postponing didnt do anything, it wouldnt have increased the player base significantly and it didnt decrees it either, it would have caused the normal spike after release and a month after that we would have been back to normal number again until Western Balkans will be released where it spikes and then goes done again, rinse and repeat with the next Map DLC, HoR is nothing special like how you want to make it out to be
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#226 Post by plykkegaard » 09 Dec 2022 12:08

Yes, start an end point in the graph has just about the same player count, jusr waist of time

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
wato

#227 Post by wato » 09 Dec 2022 13:17

AlexxxF1 wrote: 09 Dec 2022 10:35 analyzing the graph, it can be seen that the peak of popularity of ETS2 was achieved with the release of the 7th DLС map Iberia. April 2021.
then there was a slight decline, and again growth almost peaked in anticipation of the release of HoR DLC. May 2021 - January 2022.

You analyzed the made up graph of the three segments you drew. Picking random peaks and connecting them is not a very insightful way to analyze data, though.

On the original data, it seems that there are seasonal fluctuations but otherwise no extraordinary changes at the points you marked.
AlexxxF1

#228 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Dec 2022 13:22

@xXCARL1992Xx well, the lockdown peaked in the spring of 2020. we even had an event dedicated to this in WoT - Home Trucker. achievement march 30, 2020.
I don't think the DLC HoR is anything special. it could have been any delayed DLC. (for example, the same WB DLC). not releasing which would reduce the popularity of ETS2 in any case. so for 3 years, 1 DLC is no good anyway for any game.
It's just that the HoR DLC had a lot of potential, since from the first months of the announcement it was in the TOP-25 of the Wishlist of all Steam millions games. even got into the TOP-15.

in any case, this is just my guess. and the exact data and all the information is only in the hands of the SCS.

and my main thought was that smaller DLC, at a lower price and more often would be better. for ETS2 exactly the same as for ATS.
for last 3 years -
1 DLC map for ETS2 vs 5 DLC maps for ATS (very critical for me).
1 new truck for ETS2 vs 6 new trucks for ATS (not critical at all for me. but for someone it may be like for me maps).

(especially considering the fact that, most likely, even in 3.5 years, in the spring of 2023, we still won't see a new DLC map (WB DLC) for ETS2. I really hope I'm wrong).
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 09 Dec 2022 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#229 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Dec 2022 13:31

"1 DLC map for ETS2 vs 5 DLC maps for ATS"

Montana, approximierte the size of Western Balkans + a bit of Road to the Black See, do you want every individual country to be its own DLC ?!, this is also nonsense, ETS gets the same size DLCs as ATS, ATS will go the same way the further east they go when the states start to get smaller and smaller and are not worth to sell as single DLCs because of size and income to generate with it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
gaillard

#230 Post by gaillard » 09 Dec 2022 14:35

Just like Lithuania, Latvia, and Eesti were not sold separately.
Nor Portugal, even though it made for the largest ETS DLC.
I bet you Moldavia will not be a separate DLC.

Now if you want to complain that there is no DLC in 2022, you are complaining at the wrong place. Ask the responsibles of the situation.

Return to “General discussion about the game”