Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

Edoo_Kaplan

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#981 Post by Edoo_Kaplan » 18 Mar 2023 10:37

The simplest thing to implement right now would be to make those European extendable trailers actually extendable IRL and also a container chassis from Krone, which is extendable as well. You pick a cargo for that trailer no matter the current extension of it. You go there and realize that you need to extend it. You then extend that trailer to a proper length to accommodate the cargo and then load it. But you actually see that trailer getting extended, not getting a black screen while they change it for another model. Right @Max , @Nemiro?
Travismods

#982 Post by Travismods » 18 Mar 2023 11:17

@LincolnCFCruz
I'll just add one more thing to what you said. SCS has around 280 employees... Asobo Studio, developer of Microsoft Flight Simulator has 250 employees. :lol: Using the excuse that SCS has no money is totally false, during every DLC release, SCS stays at Steam's top 10 best sellers page and is also s multimillion dollar company!
Yep, and its used daily on here by the top ten posters as an argument as to why SCS can't do better than they currently are doing.

Don't you understand they are a tiny company doing the best they can with the limited resources they have! Development takes time! You don't understand how it works! Licensing! SCS could make their Prism engine beat Unreal 5 tomorrow if they wanted to and then land on the moon! But they don't have the money like other big developers! It's Pavel and Nemiro working out of their basement with only one Windows Xp laptop! How dare you bash this poor developer trying to make ends meet out of a small shack in Prague! Poor SCS!

Meanwhile at SCS studios, at possibly one of the most luxurious gaming studios in Europe, they are going on 300 employees and money is literally being made hand over fist with these map DLCs:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

They are not small time anymore. Everytime on here I hear that SCS is a smalltime poor dev studio that could never afford to invest time or money in the big features that have been requested since day one, I chuckle. They are the same users building foe lists as long as novels on this website for opinions that go against theirs. They aren't interested in what it takes for SCS to make real progress.

@Eggtooth Learn the definition of the word "bash" my friend. It's not bashing to call the new bumps a small and simple addition. It is a small addition, albeit a nice one.
Last edited by Travismods on 18 Mar 2023 11:40, edited 5 times in total.
saur44l

#983 Post by saur44l » 18 Mar 2023 11:29

koolizz wrote: 18 Mar 2023 11:17 during every DLC release, SCS stays at Steam's top 10 best sellers page and is also s multimillion dollar company!
Then this leads to conclusion that big majority of their player base is satisfied with their products,if it was the other way,then they would not end up being on the best sellers page.But I also agree that there is plenty of room for improvements.
LincolnCFCruz

#984 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 18 Mar 2023 13:40

saur44l wrote: 18 Mar 2023 11:29 Then this leads to conclusion that big majority of their player base is satisfied with their products,if it was the other way,then they would not end up being on the best sellers page.But I also agree that there is plenty of room for improvements.
The problem with both games is keeping players for a long period of time. American Truck has been stagnant for years at the same average of active players. New players often really like both games, invest in DLCs during Steam Sales, but not long after they drop the game because there is nothing more to do... It turns into a very linear gameplay loop

@Optional Features showed a great example of what I am talking about. I like a lot driving heavy hauls in ATS, but the features needed to do it correctly are non existencial, I can drive a lowboy anywhere I want, I can put any weight I want and nothing will change... The entire gameplay loop of heavy haul doesn't exist! It was supposed to be one of the hardest things to do in game, but it is easy as a driving regular cargo (flatbed or box/reefer)

After the 500 hour mark, both games become extremely repetitive, everything could be solved with external scripting tools... The community itself has been shaping the game with mods for decades (PTTM, Haulin and etc)
saur44l

#985 Post by saur44l » 18 Mar 2023 14:23

I am not saying that you are right or wrong,just pointing that if they are always on the best sellers pages and are making a ton of money,then that is cause people are happy investing them in their products.And let's be honest here,500 hours of fun is not a bad deal for spending how much? But like I said,there is plenty of room for improvements,I am not gonna argue over that.
Vinnie Terranova

#986 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 18 Mar 2023 14:43

koolizz wrote: 18 Mar 2023 11:17Meanwhile at SCS studios, at possibly one of the most luxurious gaming studios in Europe
Don't forget to mention their 4D Motion Simulators (yes, they have several of them)...
Vinnie Terranova

#988 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 18 Mar 2023 15:33

@SiSL are you sure? Because in the SCS On The Road - MATS 2023 blog @Dareus wrote:
We have been invited to be at their booth with one of our 4D Motion Simulators on which the visitors will be able to play American Truck Simulator.
SiSL
SCS Software

#989 Post by SiSL » 18 Mar 2023 16:25

There are more simulators but they are not in the office. They are for events and such packed. Office space is limited man, we don't have too much wide areas for them. Beside, hardly anyone using it.
Vinnie Terranova

#990 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 18 Mar 2023 16:42

Yeah, but the discussion is more about SCS as a company and how big/small it is; the discussion is not so much about what expensive stuff is in the office. But how the office looks like and how many 4D motion simulators SCS has could say something about SCS as a company and how succesful they are.
BTW, how much cost such a 4D motion simulator? I honestly have no idea...

Return to “General discussion about the game”