Game crashing all of a sudden

EchoCloudX

Game crashing all of a sudden

#1 Post by EchoCloudX » 26 Nov 2022 15:38

Hey everyone,

Since the last update i've been getting this weird error where the game crashes while driving. It happens all of a sudden, doesn't matter where or when it just happens. Sometimes i can play hours before this happens or after 10 minutes within launching the game. (Ps: i have a low-end PC so i know i shouldn't be using a lot of mods (300 activated mods) :D )

This is the line of code that pops up on the log file every time it crashes. (It has something to do with a forklift for some reason):

Code: Select all

00:35:59.782 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmd' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.782 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmd'
00:35:59.783 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmg' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.783 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmg'
00:35:59.814 : <ERROR> [model] Model descriptor '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmd' is malformed.
00:35:59.815 : <ERROR> [model] Model geometry '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmg' is malformed.
00:35:59.817 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmd' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.817 : <ERROR> [ld] Failed to open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmd'.
00:35:59.817 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod1.pmd' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.817 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod1.pmd'
00:35:59.817 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ets2_146_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\models\model\model_template.cpp(629): ?cache_data_handler@model_template_u@prism@@UEAAXXZ: Failed to load model descriptor (.pmd) or model geometry (.pmg) for '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmg'.
00:35:59.818 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod2.pmd' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.818 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod2.pmd'
00:35:59.819 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod1.pmg' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.820 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod1.pmg'
00:35:59.820 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod2.pmg' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.820 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics_lod2.pmg'

here's the game log: https://pastebin.com/qpX45Bhy
here's the game.crash: https://pastebin.com/R5K76jbG

Mods Used (without order, only important ones): Promods 2.63(with ME addon), Rusmap 2.46, Roex 1.46, Volga Map 1.5, BG plus v1, Sud de France, Swedish Islands, Itarevamp, Paris Rebuild, jazzycat ai mods, trafficmaniac's ai mods, Real Company Logo and Company addon by Schumi, Lots of truck mods, all of Kast's trailers, Krone Megaliner and Profi Liner by Sogard, Other trailer mods, Realistic Truck Physics 7.1, Weather 2.2, Grimes early autumn 7.5, Realistic Vehicle Lighting 8.2

I'm used to getting crashes but this annoys me a lot so help is appreciated.

(Im sorry about the odd nickname guys, i opened this account a long time ago so didn't care much about it and i didn't know it would matter :(. )
Last edited by Madkine on 27 Nov 2022 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unecessary spaces
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Game crashing all of a sudden

#2 Post by Madkine » 27 Nov 2022 06:18

Looks like an out-date cargo mod.
You have quite a few out-dated mods, including a couple that are 4-5 game versions out of date.

If you'd like to change your nickname, that can be requested here
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
EchoCloudX

#3 Post by EchoCloudX » 27 Nov 2022 11:35

First of all thanks for the reply.
I looked around my mods and most of my outdated mods are trailer mods, so i'm guessing that cargo error is from an outdated trailer maybe? My theory is that it's the SCS Trailer Patch mod but other than that i don't have any other cargo mods. I'll look around and see if i can see which one causes that specific error and i'll report back if it fixes itself. (By the way if there's a way to identify the mod(s) that causes the problem, please let me know, thanks!)
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 27 Nov 2022 11:43

Go to the mod folder, click the search tab (above), make sure that "Zipped (compressed) folders" is checked in the "Advanced options".

Then search for "forklift_physics.pmd". Check the result(s).
EchoCloudX

#5 Post by EchoCloudX » 27 Nov 2022 13:15

Reinhard wrote: 27 Nov 2022 11:43 Go to the mod folder, click the search tab (above), make sure that "Zipped (compressed) folders" is checked in the "Advanced options".

Then search for "forklift_physics.pmd". Check the result(s).

Unfortunately forklift_physics.pmd file wasn't found in any of the files, i have to dig deeper to find it but it wasn't in any of the .zip files. I'll try and find the cause later though but for now i couldn't find that pmg file.
Reinhard

#6 Post by Reinhard » 27 Nov 2022 17:54

I'm convinced that this comes from a mod. I can't really verify if '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmg' isn't part of the unmodded game, as I don't own the Iberia DLC. But then the game should gripe about a failed inflation of the file.

The log maintains the file is "malformed". That drove me to the the conclusion that it is present, but damaged. While in the most cases, lines like

00:35:59.817 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmd' in the read_only mode.
00:35:59.817 : <ERROR> [ld] Failed to open '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmd'.
simply means the file is nowhere to be found.

Whatever, did you really have the option I mentioned checked? I just saw you might get access to the advanced options (and the whole search tool tab) only after a first search. Stupid Windows UI design. Also, the search can take a very, very long time, don't interrupt it.

Oops, and then there is the possibility of locked files, I don't know what Windows make of that.
Madkine
Global moderator

#7 Post by Madkine » 27 Nov 2022 21:05

It's far more likely that the file is part of the base game and that scs moved its location, causing the issue in the mod.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

EchoCloudX

#8 Post by EchoCloudX » 27 Nov 2022 21:37

Reinhard wrote: 27 Nov 2022 17:54 I'm convinced that this comes from a mod. I can't really verify if '/model/logistic/forklift/forklift_physics.pmg' isn't part of the unmodded game, as I don't own the Iberia DLC. But then the game should gripe about a failed inflation of the file.

The log maintains the file is "malformed". That drove me to the the conclusion that it is present, but damaged. While in the most cases, lines like

simply means the file is nowhere to be found.

Whatever, did you really have the option I mentioned checked? I just saw you might get access to the advanced options (and the whole search tool tab) only after a first search. Stupid Windows UI design. Also, the search can take a very, very long time, don't interrupt it.

Oops, and then there is the possibility of locked files, I don't know what Windows make of that.
Yeah i'm convinced it's from a mod too, having played around with the map mods i surely know it's got something to with that. I'm going to check tomorrow and see if i can replicate the same issue. But for now thanks for the help.

I'm not sure about that Windows Search bar though, i mean i tried winrar and it's own search function and came up with nothing. I can't confirm anything now though i'm gonna retry and report back tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for the help guys.
Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 27 Nov 2022 22:14

Madkine wrote: 27 Nov 2022 21:05 It's far more likely that the file is part of the base game and that scs moved its location, causing the issue in the mod.
Good idea. So I checked older game versions base files. These files where present in my older extracted base files. Exactly at the reported location. Not any more, in 1.46, at least not in the base game minus the Iberia DLC. Not any "forklift*.pm*" exists, at no location.

As the log indeed lists the Iberia DLC, I think SCS removed the related model files, or changed the name, for whatever reason.
Madkine
Global moderator

#10 Post by Madkine » 28 Nov 2022 06:43

Yup and there's a mod in there that's still trying to use them.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Return to “Technical Problems”