AI Spawning Distance

MrAbner

AI Spawning Distance

#1 Post by MrAbner » 26 Nov 2022 22:10

Gameplay, or Technical Problem... either or I guess.

Has anybody else noticed that AI vehicles can spawn alarmingly close to your own vehicle in directions that are not currently visible on the screen?

For example, I've gotten into the habit of using the "5" key view to get a better look at traffic behind me, making sure nobody is in the left lane within the length of my trailer when switching lanes. (The mirror works fine, but not everybody can afford a 48" monitor for playing video games.) Then, when I switch back to the main "1" key view, there will be vehicles just in front of me that were not there before looking back. Sometimes I'll even see them pop into existence.

This might not seem so bad, but it also happens when, for example, exiting a yard or turning at an intersection. I look right, coast is clear. I look left, coast is clear. I look right again and see vehicles pop into existence just up the road, which was clear just a second ago. Annoying when making a left turn — the road is clear, look to my left and start pulling out, then a car that popped into existence out of sight to my right rams me. :(

Anybody else seeing this?
GinXeng

Re: AI Spawning Distance

#2 Post by GinXeng » 28 Nov 2022 10:16

I've seen an increase of AI spawning in-front of me ever since SCS changed the AI spawning algorithm in 1.46.
MrAbner

#3 Post by MrAbner » 29 Nov 2022 22:10

Well, glad it's not just me. Sure hope they fix that.
cydonianmystery

#4 Post by cydonianmystery » 02 Dec 2022 01:25

What I've been noticing since 1.46 is having roads that are almost completely empty, with very few AI vehicles spawning ahead of me or going the opposite way, but then looking back and having a giant convoy of vehicles behind me. Sometimes 15+ vehicles, even with g_traffic set to 0.5.

Never had this happen before the last update.
Jbte

#5 Post by Jbte » 02 Dec 2022 01:33

Yes, SCS made changes to AI spaning recently, this thread should be reported as bugs for 1.46
viewforum.php?f=298
Ishlen

#6 Post by Ishlen » 18 Dec 2022 17:37

Im more worried about the fact that traffic DOESNT spawn anymore on the opposite direction. And the traffic overall spawning rate is ridiculous. I have all the roads for myself completely (almost) desertic :p but well, i guess we have to get used to this as well. Since traffic is never and never will a priority for SCS. Would they fix all this? who knows. But i dont have hopes.

Return to “Technical Problems”