90's Corporation Truck

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TheOtherCorey

90's Corporation Truck

#1 Post by TheOtherCorey » 27 Nov 2022 01:51

This is my take on the products Volvo/GM Heavy Truck Corporation produced in the early to mid 90's. You can build or spec just about whatever you'd see on one of these in real life. I'm picky when it comes to keeping things realistic, so you wont find much customization that you wouldn't see in real life.

Keep in mind that essentially, I'm a one man show, and I work a full time job. This truck won't ever be perfect, but I'm willing to put in the effort for free. If you spot something wrong, leave a comment or join my discord and message me there. I'm not opposed to adding things as time goes on. Sounds that come with it are courtesy of Kriechbaum, which graciously allowed me to include them in the mod. The engines included are realistic of what would have came with the truck originally.

Accessory DLC support will be added as time allows

Credits:
TheOtherCorey

Guidot

51503D

Kriechbaum

Smarty

SCS Software

PinaKolata

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll try to respond as much as possible on this thread, as well as trucky and our discord. If you need help with anything, or spot a problem, please join
C.L. Kiesman Trasnportation Discord https://discord.gg/mnzMzDpUfU

Please DO make this truck your own. It's held a special place in my heart for the 10 +/- years I've been tinkering on it. Just if you do edit it, don't ever sell it. Or sell edits for this truck. That's just plain wrong.

-TheOtherCorey
Some Screenshots!
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

DOWNLOAD https://truckymods.io/american-truck-si ... tion-truck
Sorry for my english, I'm american.
[ external image ]
Ezra

Re: 90's Corporation Truck

#3 Post by Ezra » 27 Nov 2022 02:08

Thanks for making and releasing this, I've always wanted to see a White WIA in-gamed, and this one is great.
RTGr

#4 Post by RTGr » 27 Nov 2022 05:14

Thank you very much, Corey, cool and easy driveable beast, using it from gumroad times. Do you have plans for WG or ACl, full aeroskirt or even late 80`e interior?
TheOtherCorey

#5 Post by TheOtherCorey » 27 Nov 2022 06:00

If I had good reference pictures for the skirts I’d do them. I kicked around the idea of doing the autocar versions after I got this buttoned up. As for the interior, I might, but I chose this interior because it’s my personal favorite.
[ external image ]
RTGr

#6 Post by RTGr » 27 Nov 2022 07:13

Yes, good reference for this truck very hard to find, unfortunately. I`ve asked about your plans for old interior, because did`t find any pictures or vids of WIL with 90`s interior, only once find WC. (hood, front axle and lights were like WIM, but with blue badge WhiteGMC )
trucker doha

#7 Post by trucker doha » 27 Nov 2022 08:51

Hey man, thanks for the truck, it is fun to drive, can you make gps slot or something, there is no gps inside of cab
TheOtherCorey

#8 Post by TheOtherCorey » 27 Nov 2022 14:32

Left side of the windshield.
[ external image ]
trucker doha

#9 Post by trucker doha » 27 Nov 2022 17:30

TheOtherCorey, thanks, I had old version of the game, I didn't know that there is new version hahaha
TheOtherCorey

#10 Post by TheOtherCorey » 28 Nov 2022 05:06

RTGr wrote: 27 Nov 2022 07:13 Yes, good reference for this truck very hard to find, unfortunately. I`ve asked about your plans for old interior, because did`t find any pictures or vids of WIL with 90`s interior, only once find WC. (hood, front axle and lights were like WIM, but with blue badge WhiteGMC )
They did make WIM’s and WIL’s with that interior, albeit rare. There is a 1994 White WIM dump truck local to me that has it. The WIL was basically out of production by this point, but after talking to one of the designers of this truck in real life, he seemed to remember at least a few had been made up until the 95-96 model year.

There’s a Facebook group for these trucks that has many members that either worked in the factory or the design side of things that are extremely knowledgeable about it. They were definitely an amazing resource.
[ external image ]

Return to “Trucks”