Please add Dualsense/Dualshock support for the in-game key assignment menu

sticklebrick

Please add Dualsense/Dualshock support for the in-game key assignment menu

#1 Post by sticklebrick » 27 Nov 2022 04:39

Correct me if I'm wrong but as it stands currently there is ZERO support in-game for Playstation controller (as far as I can see).
One can plug the PS5 pad in, one can set Steam's controller settings to the Playstation controller support option - but I'm afraid to say that, that will not make a jot of difference.

When you try to assign keys to the PS5 controller using the in-game menu, like you would with a Xbox pad, when it comes time to press the button you wish to assign, nothing happens - the darn game does not recognise the input from the button/stick/triggers etc.

The only option at present is to either set the controller to generic in the steam controller settings, (losing the use of the touchpad area), or rely on Steam's frustratingly confounding controller configuration settings, which due to the last update previously setup custom configs will not work ingame anymore, reverting to the default controller layout - which is bizarre, none of the key assignments on the default layout make any sense!

Please, please, give some love to PS4/PS5 controllers <3 <3
PILARMONYA

Re: Please add Dualsense/Dualshock support for the in-game key assignment menu

#2 Post by PILARMONYA » 24 Dec 2022 02:47

PS controller support is there and it has become even cooler than it was. But there is a problem with the old controller template in Steam, it really doesn't make sense anymore. You will have to apply the recommended template in Steam controller settings for ETS 2/ATS. And assign keys that you want, touchpad too.
Aziz

Re: Please add Dualsense/Dualshock support for the in-game key assignment menu

#3 Post by Aziz » 24 Dec 2022 09:24

Steam input is fine where it is, namely analog stick settings, long n short button presses and touchpad support. But otherwise it's a hassle to set up anything. Ingame mapping menu is much easier to navigate. And the ability to set up, let's say, keyboard, a wheel and a gamepad from the same place would be glorious.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”