API for WoT data

festmache

API for WoT data

#1 Post by festmache » 01 Dec 2022 17:19

I'm not sure what SCS has planned for the future of World of Trucks, but I think they could add an API which discloses all routes history for players. (I guess every player should give permission somewhere to discoses his/her data to this API.

This way, other people in the community could build all kinds of cool stuff around this, just like there's websites which read Steam achievement data and display all kinds of statistics.

For example, someone could build a website which shows a "heat map" where a player took or delivered cargo. Maybe for a specific period. Show statistics for which companies the player has delivered for/to, keep scoring boards to see which player did most deliveries in the last month or drove most miles... And of course generic statistics, like: what cities or companies were most popular in the last month.

There's a lot of options here, and it can all be driven by the creativity and effort of the community... once a very generic API has been built by SCS.

Please SCS, build such an API, then just sit back and see what cool things other people will do with all the data :)
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”