[REL] Reforma 2.6.7.149 | ATS 1.49 (March 3)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
tacothekid

Re: [REL] Reforma 2.4.6 | ATS 1.46 (Jan 3)

#71 Post by tacothekid » 23 Apr 2023 19:22

PaZz_ wrote: 12 Apr 2023 23:25 All Map DLC are required. By the way, when looking at a mod at truckymods, there's is the tab "Dependencies" which list all required DLC.
I have discovered that, thank you. Is there an update planned for this since 1.47 released? Not that I expect you to know, just asking someone who might know more than me. Thanks
PaZz_

#72 Post by PaZz_ » 25 Apr 2023 21:21

The update for 1.47 is still being worked on
tacothekid

#73 Post by tacothekid » 26 Apr 2023 17:31

PaZz_ wrote: 25 Apr 2023 21:21 The update for 1.47 is still being worked on
Ok, no worries. I'm inpatient and want to try this out. Thanks though
Jbte

Re: [REL] Reforma 2.5.4 | ATS 1.47 (April 27)

#74 Post by Jbte » 27 Apr 2023 04:40

Update! Reforma 2.5.4 for version 1.47 is now available for download at first page. It includes major changes and improvements!

*All Reforma projects have been updated for version 1.47, including Sierra Nevada, Pazz Mod, compatibility patches, and other Reforma mods.

*New zones have been created, remodeled, and improved in California, Arizona, and Sonora, work done by Pazz, which you can see in the following shots. New cities! Puerto Peñasco, Sonoyta remodeling in Sonora, new border crossing between Mexico and the US through Sonoyta and Lukeville, new towns in Arizona such as Gila Bend, Ajo, some improvements to the west of Phoenix, as well as the remodeled city of Yuma.

*New ambient sounds throughout the map (FMOD), many thanks to Blaquichan for his work! This feature was implemented in 1.47. Now you can hear ambient sounds, such as a waterfall or streams when crossing different bridges and rivers on the map. The tunnel echo has also been corrected, take a new ride on the Mazatlan-Durango to hear the new atmosphere, it will be a spectacular ride.

*Speed limit corrections have been made on the Mexican map. Now Mexican traffic is back to its old ways, a bit crazy, not always respecting speed limits. Report any errors if you see abnormal traffic behavior.

*New tropical palm trees have been added that better suit the map's ambiance, thanks to Marco Esquivel for his palm models and other objects implemented in the Mega Resources, as well as new models of Mexican-style houses by Marco Esquival and Blaquichan (José Trucking). Soon we will give a more Mexican touch to both old and new cities. Among many other assets that will help us create better landscapes. Make sure to download the latest version of Mega Resources with the same version number as Reforma Map 2.5.4 and Mega Resources 2.5.4.

*New bypass road in Aguascalientes, as well as improvements on the 80D stretch between Lagos de Moreno and SLP, Ojuelos, improvements in the south of the city of SLP in the industrial zone. Thanks to Milton for these improvements.

*Work has been done on error correction, signaling, potholes, invisible walls, new gas station info totems in the US... yes... even the floating hill in Hermosillo has been removed xD, I thank those who supported us in reporting bugs on Discord.

Some decisions we made that may be controversial:

The Sierra Nevada map was separated from Reforma, and the legacy version of Sierra Nevada is still available. This was suggested and requested by many users who prefer only the Mexico map. If you want the Sierra Nevada map or your profile is configured with that map, you will need to download and activate it in your mods. The Reforma Mexico map is currently the Reforma map, which no longer applies. The decision to separate the Sierra Nevada map means that many people also prefer SCS's remodeling of California, which in some aspects is newer and of higher quality than our older work in many areas. Please note that this mod runs the risk of becoming incompatible and discontinued in the future if SCS makes drastic changes that could affect the map's functionality. Part of this decision to separate it from the main Reforma map is to avoid unnecessary problems in the future with the more popular Mexico map.

The cities of Tijuana and Ensenada (including La Rumorosa) were removed in preparation for a possible future improvement (once SCS remodels San Diego, California). Both cities are no longer at the level of our work, so we decided to remove them, and we will make their remodeled versions in the future. The Ensenada garage was left to avoid errors for users who purchased a garage there; Tijuana did not have any garages. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision may cause. We also do not rule out rebuilding both cities from scratch in the future, including other missing cities like Tecate, Valle de Gpe, and La Rumorosa.

We continue to work on optimization, with many improvements made by Jose (Blaquichan). We optimized Chihuahua, Mazatlán, Nogales, Culiacán, and Zacatecas. We understand that the map has many optimization problems due to poor mapping techniques applied in old areas of the map or due to the heaviness of some cities. Over the years, we have improved and learned new mapping techniques that are more optimal, and SCS has implemented better tools that help us optimize and improve the landscape. This work also involves remodeling the landscape in many old road sections, which is a titanic task. We have decided to prioritize the creation of new areas rather than focusing our attention on optimizing/replacing old areas of the map, and occasionally we will also make remodels to optimize the map. I understand that many people may not be able to run the map, and I apologize for those details. I can only recommend lowering your graphics in the game's options or getting better equipment (PC).
tacothekid

#75 Post by tacothekid » 27 Apr 2023 19:05

This mod looks great, and it is fun to drive into Mexico, but can I just say that it looks visually impressive. Great job, and I am glad that I waited! Kudos to you, my friend!
beto1912

#76 Post by beto1912 » 29 Apr 2023 21:20

Hey guys, I don't know if it's your mod or MUO, but I just fell through the bridge over I-15 in Barstow, going south to north, on the westernmost one. I use your mod, both Mexico and SN, MUO with both compatibility patches, the correct map load order and latest upgrades. I don't know if you guys or the MUO modders made changes to the road texture on those sectors and near San Diego, but can you check it out just in case?
Edit: Ok, it's both bridges over I-15 where I've had this issue
xCH3NO2x

#77 Post by xCH3NO2x » 01 May 2023 22:54

Ever since updating to this version of Reforma I keep getting this crash all over southern California. Is this still compatible with Better Arizona?
Thanks for any help.
https://pastebin.com/eynRPYyi
TexasWhirlwind

#78 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 01 May 2023 23:22

I tried this and it did absolutely nothing but crash. So I deleted it from my computer. Removed it and all was well again....
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Geno

#79 Post by Geno » 02 May 2023 00:45

better arizona is not upgraded yet but some on my server found that load order you need full screen then crash fix for huge combo the promods background and solved there crashs
Mapper - The Great Mid-North Expansion

My discord https://discord.gg/TTKjVX8zMn
beto1912

#80 Post by beto1912 » 02 May 2023 02:43

I think Better Arizona and this 1.47 version of Reforma might not be compatible.

Return to “Maps”