Display of cargo

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Apel

Display of cargo

#1 Post by Apel » 08 Dec 2022 23:11

Hey! I modeled my semi-trailer, created a def, but the container model is not displayed in the game, although the cargo is taken. There are 1 warning in the log, the game does not crash. Tell me where to look for the problem? [ external image ]

the log warning:
00:25:24.490 : <WARNING> [economy] Failed to patch trailer definition. Unable to find source definition 'trailer_def.kassbohrer.k.shg.s.single_4_40.container'.
LadenSwallow

Re: Display of cargo

#2 Post by LadenSwallow » 13 Dec 2022 12:50

As a first guess, you should look in the "/def/cargo" folder of your mod.
For every cargo you can take, there has to be a definition file and a sub-folder named after the cargo - let's say the defintion file contains "cargo_data: cargo.my_cargo", then there must be also a sub-folder "my_cargo".
The sub-folder must then contain at least one "model_xyz.sii" file containing something like this:

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
cargo_model_match : .my_cargo
{
	compatible_body[]: "/def/vehicle/trailer_owned/.../someBodyOfMyTrailer.sii"
	data_path[]: "/def/.../my_cargo.sii"
}
}
The file "my_cargo.sii" from the data_path then contains the paths to the model / detail_model / collision etc. data, to display the cargo model on the trailer.
Apel

Re: Display of cargo

#3 Post by Apel » 17 Dec 2022 17:02

Thx for information, i'll try to fix.

Return to “Help requests”