[dedicated server] not showing up in list

CMMX

Re: [dedicated server]The soaring memory usage makes it impossible to display in the lobby list?

#41 Post by CMMX » 02 Jan 2023 19:36

-
Last edited by CMMX on 12 Jan 2023 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
CMMX

Re: [dedicated server]The soaring memory usage makes it impossible to display in the lobby list?

#42 Post by CMMX » 02 Jan 2023 20:02

mantazzo wrote: 02 Jan 2023 13:21 I also encounter the same issue, but for now I improved the situation with mods_optioning set to true. Not sure how long that will help though.
EDIT: To add more details, server does not need to have players in - it just crashes somewhat randomly after some hours.
Setting it to true will directly cause your server not to appear in the interline list
You must check the link to use optional mods in the advanced filter to see it
Last edited by CMMX on 02 Jan 2023 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
mantazzo

#43 Post by mantazzo » 02 Jan 2023 20:07

CMMX wrote: 02 Jan 2023 20:02
mantazzo wrote: 02 Jan 2023 13:21 I also encounter the same issue, but for now I improved the situation with mods_optioning set to true. Not sure how long that will help though.
EDIT: To add more details, server does not need to have players in - it just crashes somewhat randomly after some hours.
Setting it to true will directly cause your server not to appear in the interline list
As long as it is not displayed in the intermodal hall, the memory will not increase.
Other methods: It can also be achieved without releasing the UDP port~
It CAN appear, but only if you select "Servers with Optional MODs" in Advanced Filters in Convoy Server Browser - there is a separate option for that.
So far, after 24 hours of it running with that, server has not crashed yet and appears in the server list (with the additional Filtering option activated) for now.
CMMX

#44 Post by CMMX » 02 Jan 2023 20:28

-
Last edited by CMMX on 12 Jan 2023 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
CMMX

#45 Post by CMMX » 02 Jan 2023 20:47

-
Last edited by CMMX on 12 Jan 2023 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
mantazzo

#46 Post by mantazzo » 02 Jan 2023 21:24

^My current assumption, as to why this might be happening - probably due to server querying every player's game makes.
In more detail:
After introduction of Dedicated Servers, a lot more people became interested in Convoys mode, and a lot of servers appeared. Before that, the current methods worked fine since the loads were low. Now the amount is high, and the way the game works - every player queries all servers for their data, and considering the amount of people playing has increased, it might be that the server starts overloading in some way (due to amount of queries), until it eventually crashes. Now, this is where "mods_optioning" comes into play - since the server with the option enabled does not appear in the list by default (extra Filtering option necessary to be selected), the load for the server is significantly reduced because very few people are querying the server for full info, so the "Segmentation fault" crash is avoided for a longer time (also a potential reason why a server with mods_optioning enabled sees a lot less "m_nReplyTimeoutsSinceLastRecv" messages in console).
Tl;dr - my opinion - servers might be crashing due to overload from players trying to use Convoys and the server browser; suggestion is to enable "mods_optioning" in config and then in server browser select "Convoys with Optional MODs" (or something like that) if you want the server to be displayed; this does not guarantee 100% uptime for now but it should increase the amount of time the server is operational considerably (current server that I set up is on 25.5 hours of uptime at the moment I'm writing this).
Vojtech Hladík
SCS Software

#47 Post by Vojtech Hladík » 03 Jan 2023 08:07

mantazzo wrote: 02 Jan 2023 21:24 ^My current assumption, as to why this might be happening - probably due to server querying every player's game makes.
In more detail:
After introduction of Dedicated Servers, a lot more people became interested in Convoys mode, and a lot of servers appeared. Before that, the current methods worked fine since the loads were low. Now the amount is high, and the way the game works - every player queries all servers for their data, and considering the amount of people playing has increased, it might be that the server starts overloading in some way (due to amount of queries), until it eventually crashes. Now, this is where "mods_optioning" comes into play - since the server with the option enabled does not appear in the list by default (extra Filtering option necessary to be selected), the load for the server is significantly reduced because very few people are querying the server for full info, so the "Segmentation fault" crash is avoided for a longer time (also a potential reason why a server with mods_optioning enabled sees a lot less "m_nReplyTimeoutsSinceLastRecv" messages in console).
Tl;dr - my opinion - servers might be crashing due to overload from players trying to use Convoys and the server browser; suggestion is to enable "mods_optioning" in config and then in server browser select "Convoys with Optional MODs" (or something like that) if you want the server to be displayed; this does not guarantee 100% uptime for now but it should increase the amount of time the server is operational considerably (current server that I set up is on 25.5 hours of uptime at the moment I'm writing this).
Thank you, this is helpful.
BulgaRpl

#48 Post by BulgaRpl » 24 Jan 2023 21:58

Any other solution for crashes than "mods_optioning" ? After setting "mods_optioning" my server is not crashing anymore, but it's sad that ppl cant find my server without setting it in the filter :(
CMMX

#49 Post by CMMX » 25 Jan 2023 15:02

BulgaRpl wrote: 24 Jan 2023 21:58 Any other solution for crashes than "mods_optioning" ? After setting "mods_optioning" my server is not crashing anymore, but it's sad that ppl cant find my server without setting it in the filter :(
Unexpected findings unrelated to [564]:
1. Remove "mods_optioning: false" and save
2. Then start the server
Result: Whether you filter optional mods or not, it will show your server in the list
CMMX

#50 Post by CMMX » 25 Jan 2023 15:18

Digression:
I don't know if you have ever encountered a situation where you have to wait for 3 minutes?
Some time ago, the dedicated server needed to be loaded (yellow circle) for 3 minutes before it turned green and became available.
Today, I found that the servers within 100ms only need a few seconds to load and turn green. (Servers exceeding 100ms still need to wait for a long time, but I only care about those within 100ms). I found that the problem was suddenly solved, full of hope and sunshine .
I don't know if you have ever encountered a situation where you have to wait for 3 minutes?

Return to “Technical Problems”