[dedicated server] not showing up in list

BulgaRpl

Re: [dedicated server]The soaring memory usage makes it impossible to display in the lobby list?

#51 Post by BulgaRpl » 25 Jan 2023 22:12

For me, server is crashing when "mods_optioning" is set to false and i have console spam "m_nReplyTimeoutsSinceLastRecv" :( But when using "mods_optioning" true there are no crashes. So idk how its fixed for u :(
And i dont have to wait 3 minutes for my server.
Last edited by BulgaRpl on 25 Jan 2023 22:23, edited 2 times in total.
CMMX

Re: [dedicated server]The soaring memory usage makes it impossible to display in the lobby list?

#52 Post by CMMX » 26 Jan 2023 07:22

BulgaRpl wrote: 25 Jan 2023 22:12 For me, server is crashing when "mods_optioning" is set to false and i have console spam "m_nReplyTimeoutsSinceLastRecv" :( But when using "mods_optioning" true there are no crashes. So idk how its fixed for u :(
We already know that there are some ways to make him no longer show [564]
1. The firewall cancels the release of UDP: 27015-27016
or
3. "show_server: false"
Obviously, these methods will prevent your server from being queried by STEAM, or actively prohibit your server from being displayed in the convoy list. You can only search by ID.

As long as I want the server to appear in the convoy list, the situation on my side is that [564] will always send spam.
Sorry, I need help too~
Thinkeasy

Re: [dedicated server] not showing up in list

#53 Post by Thinkeasy » 26 Jan 2023 11:35

Eppejr wrote: 27 Dec 2022 18:40 We have same the problem, we can find the servers true the server ID . How ever they don’t show up on the list.

Is there a reason for this?
Hello, I also got this thing that I can find my server only through Server ID, and after a lot of testing I could solve half of the problem :). The thing is that I use a lot of mods when I`m starting the server with the mods I can`t find them in browse servers but only with server ID but when I create a clean server only with DLC every thing works fine. If you also tested and find a solution please let me know. And also I changed the virtual, dedicated, and query ports.
mantazzo

#54 Post by mantazzo » 27 Jan 2023 00:19

I see some topics were merged into this one...

Anyway, using Steam WebAPI I managed to query a server list for ETS2, and at the moment of writing, ETS2 gives a whooping 820 servers (including those hosted from the game, I assume) - that's a lot of servers... 😅
Thinkeasy

#55 Post by Thinkeasy » 27 Jan 2023 09:50

CMMX wrote: 26 Jan 2023 07:22
BulgaRpl wrote: 25 Jan 2023 22:12 For me, server is crashing when "mods_optioning" is set to false and i have console spam "m_nReplyTimeoutsSinceLastRecv" :( But when using "mods_optioning" true there are no crashes. So idk how its fixed for u :(
We already know that there are some ways to make him no longer show [564]
1. The firewall cancels the release of UDP: 27015-27016
or
3. "show_server: false"
Obviously, these methods will prevent your server from being queried by STEAM, or actively prohibit your server from being displayed in the convoy list. You can only search by ID.

As long as I want the server to appear in the convoy list, the situation on my side is that [564] will always send spam.
Sorry, I need help too~
Didn't work for me, but the interesting thing is that from my personal computer, every thing works fine, I can find my server by name. I have tried different servers like my personal SuperMicro and from hetzner and nothing works...
Last edited by Thinkeasy on 27 Jan 2023 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
TruckinCowboy

#56 Post by TruckinCowboy » 07 Feb 2023 05:08

I have that issue also I can run a server on my gaming computer and it shows. I run server on any other computer I have it doesn't show up in the browser all ports etc are set the same so you would think it would work
freedline

#57 Post by freedline » 09 Mar 2023 23:15

Yes. Same thing. The session is running. No problem. Players can't find the server in the list. Is it possible that the ISP is blocking or encrypting it?!? :(
Tonybedo

#58 Post by Tonybedo » 26 Aug 2023 18:54

The problem is getting the actual session to show up in the session list of the game itself. I can connect to it just fine directly by using the <SESSION_ID>/151 as it shows in the search window and there's no problems connecting to it. However, searching for the name, or just simply looking, it will not show up in the list and there's no errors

Did anyone resolve this and if so can u get instructions pretend I am not a network export or IT guru... make it very simple pls

Thanks

Return to “Technical Problems”