North Scandinavia Discussion

Trakaplex

North Scandinavia Discussion

#1 Post by Trakaplex » 21 Dec 2022 21:34

SCS teased North Scandinavia in the Xmas stream. They usually visit the place irl before they add it in game. But what would this DLC be called if "Scandinavia" is already taken? Or would they just expand the current DLC?
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
CarbonGTGaming

Re: North Scandinavia Discussion

#2 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 22 Dec 2022 03:36

it’s expanding the DLC except it will be separate I did think of a name which someone done a fan made video of an April fools joke which he called it Nordic Dreams DLC maybe SCS will ether use that or they will think of another name this is another DLC which is expanding Countries which were added in previous DLCs like Beyond The Baltic Sea DLC has small parts of Russia which SCS expanded recently and since it’s gonna be a big part of Northern Europe it probably will now require both Scandinavia and the new DLC
Last edited by CarbonGTGaming on 19 Oct 2023 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Benton

#3 Post by Brian Benton » 22 Dec 2022 05:17

I believe the Scandinavian expansion will be a standalone DLC. Otherwise, this is an unprecedented attraction of generosity. What will really look silly is the unupdated part of the old Scandinavia DLC. Textures with seams, typical prefabs, obsolete vegetation (and further down the list) do not fit into the modern standard of quality for SCS mapping. It seems to me that it is logical to expect a rework of the old DLC, otherwise the junction of 360p and HD universe will spoil all the fun. Traditionally, all this will drag on for many years ...
VirtualTruckTravels

#4 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 22 Dec 2022 06:26

They could name it Beyond the Artic Circle or Road to the Arctic Circle or Going further North or just Going North.
Polarlicht

#5 Post by Polarlicht » 22 Dec 2022 07:15

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 22 Dec 2022 06:26 They could name it Beyond the Artic Circle
I thought about this name as well. Beyond the Arctic Circle. Really like it!

All these years when they announced the next map, i was like please let it be scandinavia, please let it be scandinavia... But all the time it was something different.
I like the other maps as well, but scandinavia is the one i want the most and i am super hyped for it. It's finally happening :o
And they showed the north cape globe statue, which means it has roads all the way up to it, and won't be another scandinavia DLC which was basically just the south coast of Sweden and Norway... But it was a different time for SCS with not as many People...
Last edited by Polarlicht on 22 Dec 2022 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
angrybirdseller

#6 Post by angrybirdseller » 22 Dec 2022 07:20

Go North North DLC lol.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#7 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 22 Dec 2022 08:23

Nordic Dream DLC lol.
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Aziz

#8 Post by Aziz » 22 Dec 2022 11:17

Northern Reaches.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AlexTradeaux36 wrote: 22 Dec 2022 05:17 What will really look silly is the unupdated part of the old Scandinavia DLC. Textures with seams, typical prefabs, obsolete vegetation (and further down the list) do not fit into the modern standard of quality for SCS mapping. It seems to me that it is logical to expect a rework of the old DLC, otherwise the junction of 360p and HD universe will spoil all the fun. Traditionally, all this will drag on for many years ...
I mean... Yes, newer parts of the map are miles ahead of Scandinavia (and France, for that matter), but Scandinavia is also miles ahead of the base/GE map. Sure the prefabs are old and boring, and foliage density is nowhere near what you can find in new maps. But then it doesn't matter if it's part of the country or not, I mean look at France. Some of the cities that are not part of VLF are still an eyesore despite reskins.

I've heard people saying that reworking Hungary is crucial in anticipation of WB but here we are.
harishw8r

#9 Post by harishw8r » 22 Dec 2022 11:49

Or simply, "Northern Scandinavia" or "Scandinavia-2"
Davina

#10 Post by Davina » 22 Dec 2022 13:00

Whatever it's called I'm looking forward to it already. Will soon be 8 years since Scandinavia came out.

Return to “General discussion about the game”