Sam's Travel Diaries

SamNeedham123

Sam's Travel Diaries

#1 Post by SamNeedham123 » 30 Dec 2022 10:51

Welcome to my travel diary! Getting the chance to spend quite a bit more time in ETS2 and would love to take you on some adventures with me! Between Christmas and New Year, I've been on a 7000 mile round trip from our tanker base in Scotland, down to Spain and over to the Middle East, before heading home. I must say, these V8 NG Scanias are absolutely stunning to drive 8-)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The trailers unfortunately don't have the appropriate Needham International branding applied yet, that's a job for next year ;)
[ external image ]
The Truck Stop on Discord | Community Member Since 2008
Please be aware, you MUST ask for permission before uploading anything that contains my work. Thank You.
SamNeedham123

Re: Sam's Travel Diaries

#2 Post by SamNeedham123 » 31 Dec 2022 10:31

Couple of snaps from the journey back to Inverness. Arrived back ahead of time, despite a couple of extended rest breaks. Great way to finish off the year!

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

After dropping off the keys for the Scania, I made my way back to my hometown of Grimsby to get another unit ready. The MP4 will be heading out with me in the new year - hopefully I remember how to tackle LHD :lol:

[ external image ]

And that's a wrap! Happy New Year everyone! :mrgreen:
[ external image ]
Please be aware, you MUST ask for permission before uploading anything that contains my work. Thank You.
SamNeedham123

#3 Post by SamNeedham123 » 01 Jan 2023 18:11

A new year and a new adventure! Hitting the ground running in 2023 and heading straight back out to Europe with one of our fridge units. Has been probably over 6 years since I drove an MP4, and 3 years since I drove something LHD. Definitely takes some getting used to! The first stop was Northern Poland. Then, a quick 500km drive to deliver some medical supplies to Malmö, Sweden. Now, loaded up for the long drive south to Lisbon.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SamNeedham123

#4 Post by SamNeedham123 » 05 Jan 2023 00:59

After several days on the road, made it to Lisbon and delivered the cargo! Took a short run back to Madrid, before loading up for a long haul back North to Norway.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SamNeedham123

#5 Post by SamNeedham123 » 10 Jan 2023 18:46

Despite the poor weather conditions in Norway and Sweden, the load was successfully dropped in Balsfjord. Unfortunately, no return loads back to the UK were available here. Headed South and over the border to Sodankylä in Finland and collected a return load to Cardiff.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Several days of driving and made it safely to Cardiff, before returning empty back to Grimsby and a well-deserved rest!
[ external image ]
SamNeedham123

#6 Post by SamNeedham123 » 13 Jan 2023 19:26

Back out to Europe we go! This time, with one of our DAF food tankers. Can't say I was a huge DAF fan, but have certainly settled into the drive. Looks quite smart, too! Heading to Poland with 22t of milk, before the long drive to the arctic circle.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SamNeedham123

#7 Post by SamNeedham123 » 17 Jan 2023 18:06

Some more deliveries under my belt! Drop made in deep within the Arctic Circle. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a backload to the UK, but I did manage to get some work down to Bologne. From there, will collect another load back to Manchester.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SamNeedham123

#8 Post by SamNeedham123 » 06 Feb 2023 11:15

Back to England successfully with the XF. Next trip out to Europe is with something a bit different :shock:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SamNeedham123

#9 Post by SamNeedham123 » 07 Feb 2023 09:21

Out in the Iveco and I must say, what a pleasant surprise! 570bhp and pulls very nicely! First stop, Spain. 8-)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SamNeedham123

#10 Post by SamNeedham123 » 08 Feb 2023 10:03

Load dropped in Spain before two flatbed runs. First over to Italy, then from Italy to Georgia.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”