Account Migration

HayesPacific

Account Migration

#1 Post by HayesPacific » 30 Dec 2022 16:35

Hello,

6 years ago, I made my World of Trucks account (TruckyTrucker) and linked it to my brother's Steam account (Officer) which we share for singleplayer games.
Separate to this, I also have my own non-shared Steam account (Mangonie), which I use for multiplayer games.

For many years, I've played ETS2 and ATS and completed events with my WoT account, using this shared Steam account.

Back then, ETS2 and ATS of course didn't have multiplayer yet, so we only had these games on the shared account.
Last year though, when the Convoy mode was introduced, I got both games (+ DLC) a second time, for my own Mangonie account (I also transferred the inventory items my shared one had received from past WoT events), so that multiplayer with my brother was possible.

But, my WoT profile is still linked to my brother's Steam account.
This usually works fine as my WoT profile can be accessed from both Steam accounts, but there are some difficulties...

For example, a few days ago I got the Texas DLC for my own account, but the game said that the Steam account (which my WoT one is linked to) doesn't own the DLC.
And so, while Texas does show up and I can drive around in it just fine, no WoT contracts show up in that area because my brother doesn't own the DLC.

Admins/moderators, please disconnect my WoT account TruckyTrucker from my shared Steam account, Officer, and instead link it with my own Steam account, Mangonie.
This would also enable my brother to create his own WoT account.

Many thanks,
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Account Migration

#2 Post by Madkine » 30 Dec 2022 21:05

Admins and moderators on this site do not have access to WoT.

You'll need to contact SCS at support@worldoftrucks.com

Keep in mind that most of them are on holidays and that a response may be slow.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
HayesPacific

#3 Post by HayesPacific » 31 Dec 2022 01:17

Thank you for your reply.

That is actually the first address I tried, but I got it sent back to me, saying that the message could not be delivered to the recipient. It also said:
<support@scssoft.com> (expanded from <support@worldoftrucks.com>): Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=localhost type=AAAA: Host not found
It would be great if this could be sorted before the Texas event ends – do you have any other ideas on what I could do?

Regards,
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 31 Dec 2022 02:47

I've sent a test message to support@worldoftrucks.com and so far no domain error.
This email address is the only contact point SCS has ever provided for WOT issues, so it's that or nothing.

In terms of whether this will be fixed before the end of Texas event, maybe. SCS are mostly on holidays and not due back for another week or so.
If you are lucky and they spot your email and fix it quickly for you, you may have a few days to complete the event in.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

HayesPacific

#5 Post by HayesPacific » 22 Jan 2023 23:53

@Madkine After your last message, I tried emailing this address again and was able to get through – this issue has been resolved now.
Thank you for the help!

[this topic can be closed]
Madkine
Global moderator

#6 Post by Madkine » 23 Jan 2023 07:08

Good to hear. :)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”