[SOLVED] Why is my cabin interior allowing so much sun in like it has no roof?

ChiliBeef

[SOLVED] Why is my cabin interior allowing so much sun in like it has no roof?

#1 Post by ChiliBeef » 02 Jan 2023 20:44

In Blender, I've compared the vanilla cabin (outside and inside) of the Peterbilt 389 to mine and I cannot understand why mine seems to be allowing sunlight in. The shadow meshes are the same, as is all interior bits.

Mine:
[ external image ]

Vanilla:
[ external image ]
Last edited by ChiliBeef on 03 Jan 2023 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
Warryor3D

Re: Why is my cabin interior allowing so much sun in like it has no roof?

#2 Post by Warryor3D » 03 Jan 2023 02:42

Hello. You should have the silhouette of the cabin in shadow material to prevent light from entering. It would only be that buddy I hope my comment helps.
ChiliBeef

Re: Why is my cabin interior allowing so much sun in like it has no roof?

#3 Post by ChiliBeef » 03 Jan 2023 14:37

@TruckerWarryor My original post did say that all shadow meshes were identical.
ChiliBeef wrote: 02 Jan 2023 20:44 The shadow meshes are the same, as is all interior bits.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
ChiliBeef

Re: [SOLVED] Why is my cabin interior allowing so much sun in like it has no roof?

#4 Post by ChiliBeef » 03 Jan 2023 23:07

SOLUTION

First, as a test, I made a big shadow box around the cab with all faces facing outward. That did nothing. Then, I flipped the faces inward. Still no difference. Then, I copied over all the shadow meshes (for both interior and the exterior) from the vanilla truck to mine (after deleting mine), but that did not make a difference. Then, I tried the window textures. I figured it was better to play it safe. Still no difference. Then, I decided to copy over all interior meshes, one by one, to my truck, again. That seemed to fix the problem, even though I have no exact idea what must've done the trick. I can only assume it was one or several objects' Material Attributes that were slightly different. I mean, I assumed an actual shadow box covering the entire cab would've done changed the lighting within, but apparently not.
Warryor3D

Re: [SOLVED] Why is my cabin interior allowing so much sun in like it has no roof?

#5 Post by Warryor3D » 12 Jan 2023 04:18

Hello @ChiliBeef . Shadow mesh using this material should have a coarse texture to prevent shadow from coming to the surface. The wider the mesh, the less the saturated shadow will be visible. The mesh itself must have internal and external faces to work well in the model.

Return to “Blender Tools”