[Dedicated Server] Add separate dedicated server topic on the Board Index page!

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Angel_Arrow

[Dedicated Server] Add separate dedicated server topic on the Board Index page!

#1 Post by Angel_Arrow » 04 Jan 2023 13:11

DEDICATED SERVER TOPIC
Add a separate topic on the Board Index page: dedicated servers.

WHY?
  • Because everything that gets discussed, related to dedicated servers, goes for both games ETS2 and ATS.
  • If someone wants to suggest something, it would be better to put it in 1 location on the forum and not in the ETS2 forum and in the ATS forum (because it goes for both games).
  • If someone has an issue, related to dedicated servers, it would be cool to find everything about it in 1 location on the forum.
  • Right now there are topics in the ETS2 section and other or the same topics in the ATS section. The search function gives you a tremendous amount of results and it is hard to find what you're looking for (I'm still talking about dedicated servers in particular).
Mach1--Andy

Re: [Dedicated Server] Add separate dedicated server topic on the Board Index page!

#2 Post by Mach1--Andy » 06 Jul 2023 13:33

I would also be in favor of such an area. It is very difficult to find answers on this topic. A global dedicated server area would be very helpful. Especially for questions and problems.
TwinShadow

Re: [Dedicated Server] Add separate dedicated server topic on the Board Index page!

#3 Post by TwinShadow » 25 Jul 2023 22:45

I'd be in favor of this as well.
Mach1--Andy

#4 Post by Mach1--Andy » 17 Aug 2023 19:06

Has any thought been given to this? It would be very helpful as I am currently just having problems running a rented Dedi server without any issues. Especially with this mod option. For this I find nothing at all what could help me.

Problem is, all have the same mods and the mods are in Steam Workshop. But it rarely comes someone on the server, either it is missing mods or it comes the message wrong order. Although all have the same order and all have the mods. It's actually just paintjobs so that all can ride together in the same skin.

For this alone, a separate area would be very useful.
H-G-B

#5 Post by H-G-B » 18 Aug 2023 08:09

@Andy:
Strictly speaking, you would even be wrong with your rented server in a forum section "Dedicated Servers" because, apart from the configuration files that you create with ATS / ETS2, it has nothing to do with SCS. The forum of the provider would be the right place.

The operation and configuration of a rented dedicated server for ATS / ETS 2 may differ from the software provided by SCS or the Konvoy configuration.
A few weeks ago I had some experience with an ETS 2 server at G-Portal and it really took a few tries to get it working.
Pitfalls here include:
- opposite designations of the settings
- Missing mods are not provided by the server and are not reloaded via the workshop
- When creating the server configuration files, it is best not to have any optional mods active
- required mods must be absolutely identical for all participants (e.g. the ProMods do not work with different promods-def files)

The best thing to do is to start without any mods and only with a password for the participants. Then test the different settings, but only change one at a time. If everything runs to your satisfaction you can add mod by mod. Finally, it is best to take a screenshot of your filter settings and a list of the required mods (preferably with the source), which you then send to all other participants.

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”