flickering fences, straight lines, power lines, trees,....(see video)

420trucker

flickering fences, straight lines, power lines, trees,....(see video)

#1 Post by 420trucker » 10 Jan 2023 13:17

Hi;

When i move the camera or while i'm driving the textures of fences, straight lines, power lines, trees are flickering, i noticed that this only happens when the objects are at certain distance because when the objects are near me the issue doesn't happens or seems that doesn't happens that much. Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Is very disturbing to see the graphics like this and i haven't been able to solve the problem, now i'm playing with high graphic settings, AntiAaliasing on ultra, scaling 75%(tried 100% and happens the same), SSAO on high with 2560 x 1140 resolution 155Hz. I've tried changing the resolution but happens the same, also i've tried to modify the scale, the AA and SSAO settings but as i said i haven't been able to solve the problem. I attatch a Google Drive link with a video where you can see the issue, if anyone can help i will appreciate it a lot, thanks in advance.

Greetings :)

Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16aWvPU ... sp=sharing
Brian Benton

Re: flickering fences, straight lines, power lines, trees,....(see video)

#2 Post by Brian Benton » 09 Feb 2023 06:13

@420trucker, welcome to the club. There is no smoothing in the game. Instead, it uses prehistoric SSAA and SMAA primitive post-processing, which does not work with distant objects and does not eliminate moiré (pillars, trees in the distance, which you are talking about). Two options for solving this problem:

1. Smoothing through Nvidia Inspector. The result is almost perfect, but SSAO does not work. The method will suit you if your video card is from Nvidia and it can provide you with a sufficient amount of FPS.
2. Get an RTX 4090 graphics card, 4k monitor, set 400% scaling in the game and additionally use 2.25x DSR in the Nvidia control panel. A joke, of course. But every joke has its share of jokes...
LeMoose

#3 Post by LeMoose » 09 Feb 2023 16:21

Hi there, Im also having the same issue. You mentioned using nvidia profile inspector to fix it. Any chance you could share what settings you placed everything at to fix this. I have no clue what im doing with graphics stuff haha
Thanks
Brian Benton

#4 Post by Brian Benton » 10 Feb 2023 08:08

I'm not sure if there is a thread on the SCS forum about NPI smoothing. Once this was discussed ... I will leave a link to another forum https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1000

Return to “Technical Problems”