Freightliner Cascadia Natural Gas
2%
International RH
3%

Total votes: 405

flight50

Re: Next In-Production ATS truck speculation

#281 Post by flight50 » 30 May 2023 20:49

There will always be the ETS2 needs this more than ATS comments. Opinions are opinions but SCS makes that decision. We can only talk about it. ATS needed trucks since 2016 and was trying to catch up in which SCS has done fairly well with. I don't ever recall a single ETS2 fan getting mad over ATS only starting with 4 trucks and pleading for ATS back then. It wasn't until ATS finally started getting trucks in numbers when the comparison came. The problem is the quality of trucks now which is why ATS is so noticeable. The models are better as the result of time passing with no trucks and better staffing. I could always complain about the lack of tuning packs and licensed trailers that ATS doesn't have but again that is just opinions. What good does it do now. ATS just did get an accessories and tire dlc not to long ago. Before that, ATS didn't have much going truck/trailer wise. Unfortunately unless ETS2 matches ATS's pace or inches ahead, the truck comparison will continue.

I too agree that ETS2 needs a lot more reworked trucks but to say it needs to come first..............that's being bias. When partners come calling asking for this or that, SCS needs to answer and that is the priority. ATS didn't have all 7 brands in the door and SCS need to develop relationships if ATS is to go somewhere. The path didn't have to be liked, but they got the job done. Now partners are eager to be in the game.
velles

#282 Post by velles » 30 May 2023 21:25

@Freeze338
Vehicle team is probably shared between the two games so it is always prioritizing one game or another

@flight50
ETS2 trucks are obviously worse quality, but I still think that (except 2012 Volvo FH) ATS might get some some truck reworks earlier (due to the fact that newer trucks in many cases have the same cabs as the older ones).
Lowkey I'd like to have old VNL reworked, it didn't bother me that much but now with the new VNL released it does, because it is clear how bad the proportions are (it is similar to switching between Euro 5 and Euro 6 MAN TGX in ETS2)
Freeze338

#283 Post by Freeze338 » 31 May 2023 05:21

Since SCS don't have only one vehicle team, they can split up for both games. A couple of years ago they've mentioned there is a one specific team for ATS and for the rest they are doing the job for both games. But after the capacity increased I don't know what happened. My personal thought, ATS needs more truck and ETS2 needs more rework. But that does not mean ATS doesn't need rework or ETS2 doesn't need new trucks. And both of them needs other variants such as vocationals, tandems, etc. As a plus ATS community wants old trucks as well. Personally every truck that has been released after 2000 should be in the game.
pigbrother

#284 Post by pigbrother » 31 May 2023 05:25

I had no intention to start this ETS2 vs ATS war again, I play both games equally. The idea was that ATS has now 10 trucks in good standing while ETS2 has only 4 (because Scania S and R are the same thing actually) and it's quite annoying to be honest. Seeing Volvo FH5 (and a remade FH4) and Mercedes New Actros 2nd gen (and a remade New Actros) will make things more bearable. :)
I have approximate knowledge of many things
JoeAlex23

#285 Post by JoeAlex23 » 31 May 2023 05:34

Freeze338 wrote: 31 May 2023 05:21 Since SCS don't have only one vehicle team, they can split up for both games. A couple of years ago they've mentioned there is a one specific team for ATS and for the rest they are doing the job for both games. But after the capacity increased I don't know what happened. My personal thought, ATS needs more truck and ETS2 needs more rework. But that does not mean ATS doesn't need rework or ETS2 doesn't need new trucks. And both of them needs other variants such as vocationals, tandems, etc. As a plus ATS community wants old trucks as well. Personally every truck that has been released after 2000 should be in the game.
There is only ONE vehicle team, there is just one part of the team that only works on ATS trucks, another part that only works on ETS2 trucks and the rest of the team is shared between both games for everything else (trailers, cargo, AI) and they can also work on trucks for either game, but they are all part of the same team.
Ludo Diabolo

#286 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 31 May 2023 05:53

pigbrother wrote: 31 May 2023 05:25 I had no intention to start this ETS2 vs ATS war again, I play both games equally. The idea was that ATS has now 10 trucks in good standing while ETS2 has only 4 (because Scania S and R are the same thing actually) and it's quite annoying to be honest. Seeing Volvo FH5 (and a remade FH4) and Mercedes New Actros 2nd gen (and a remade New Actros) will make things more bearable. :)
What did you mean by in order? because in my eyes the ATS trucks are far from being in order and not at the level of the 2 released trucks (Volvo VNL & 5700XE).
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Freeze338

#287 Post by Freeze338 » 31 May 2023 08:18

JoeAlex23 wrote: 31 May 2023 05:34
Freeze338 wrote: 31 May 2023 05:21 Since SCS don't have only one vehicle team, they can split up for both games. A couple of years ago they've mentioned there is a one specific team for ATS and for the rest they are doing the job for both games. But after the capacity increased I don't know what happened. My personal thought, ATS needs more truck and ETS2 needs more rework. But that does not mean ATS doesn't need rework or ETS2 doesn't need new trucks. And both of them needs other variants such as vocationals, tandems, etc. As a plus ATS community wants old trucks as well. Personally every truck that has been released after 2000 should be in the game.
There is only ONE vehicle team, there is just one part of the team that only works on ATS trucks, another part that only works on ETS2 trucks and the rest of the team is shared between both games for everything else (trailers, cargo, AI) and they can also work on trucks for either game, but they are all part of the same team.
I don't know what's the current situation. I'm telling what SiSL said before. As the truck making side there was a one specific team for ATS and the other team was doing trucks for both games he said. Currently capacity increased I don't know the situation. Not heard anything on the streams as well. Also a department can be seperated by the teams. Just like map teams. I don't know what are you trying to imply as ONE?

Otherwise ETS2 gets same amount of truck as ATS for last 3 years right???
velles

#288 Post by velles » 31 May 2023 08:35

pigbrother wrote: 31 May 2023 05:25 I had no intention to start this ETS2 vs ATS war again
My remark wasn't supposed to start the flame war either, just a statement that I'd prefer to see most older ETS2 trucks reworked but in reality some ATS reworks are more probable because most of the puzzles are already there (like new VNL for old VNL rework). Same with the old T680 and 579 - these reworks will be much easier than old ETS2 trucks reworks once the NG T680 and 579 will hit the game.
Freeze338 wrote: 31 May 2023 05:21 As a plus ATS community wants old trucks as well.
Not only ATS, I'd like to see some classic trucks in ETS2 as well (even though old trucks in Europe are rare). I think that Renault Magnum would be the best option to start - reworking the facelifted version that already exists in the game while at the same time adding the pre-facelift AE version. These older Magnum AEs might be an interesting stuff even for American truck fans because they had Mack V8 engines (hell, they were even rebadged as Macks for Australian market). Not gonna lie, this is probably my favorite European truck of all time.
flight50

#289 Post by flight50 » 31 May 2023 11:25

Older North American trucks are wanted due to their style, appearance and nostalgia. I don't see many wanting them because of what's under the hood. At least I don't. I want them simply because of the exterior style. Plus I don't think it's a game of history and heritage if we only keep getting modern day trucks when other related games are getting classics that will continously get requested.

I get that manufacturers may have the push for their latest and greatest but when this is fulfilled, fill out their roster from the old. Freightliner only has the Cascadia relevant for example. If relationships are great and nothing to add, go further back. Good reason to have multiple truck teams. New, reworked and older trucks should all be on the menu.
tjrr

#290 Post by tjrr » 31 May 2023 16:39

honestly i think that ats can in some years catch the trucks that are on the market, and ets2 is even esier to get that since it only lacks the volvo and mercedes facelifts and the iveco from the brands in game, ats now as all of the brands but there is missing the pinnacle, the hx and basicly all the current gen/facelift of paccar line up (except w900), and if they manage to get the license the ws 4900, but with current flow of new trucks it is posible in some years, then its a question of reworking old trucks and probably then they might add older truck which would be quite cool, and i think that scs won't have that priority until they catch up with all of those missing trucks in production!

Other cool thing, for me at least, would be the addiction of electric trucks, such as the e-cascadia, volvo and even brands like tesla, although that needs more thaan just adding new trucks in game, because it would be needed to put in the game places where to charge them, but it is poossible, just not from day to night

other thing pavel talked some time ago was that they would like to expand to other types of vehicles, that also would be cool to have vans and so on, but honestly in the long run both would be cool, but choosing one, the electric stuff would be cooler and more likely
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis

Return to “General discussion about the game”