Freightliner Cascadia Natural Gas
2%
International RH
3%

Total votes: 405

flight50

Next In-Production ATS truck speculation

#1 Post by flight50 » 01 Feb 2023 13:39

This thread is a spin off from the current (soon to be locked) truck speculation thread per Madkine chiming in on the old thread. It was suggested I start a new one....so why not to keep the party going. Unless I'm banned, I'm here pretty much daily so I can update the poll when need be. Seems that people really like the truck speculation thread. It did turn out to be one of the more popular threads for ATS but the poll came to a screeching halt yesterday as the O.P. of the thread removed the polls after being away from the forum for quite some time. It ran for more than 4 years and accumulated 774 pages of input.....not bad. Hopefully this thread can remain intact that long and beyond.

The old thread also seemed to turn into more of a wish list. Hence the new title, this thread will only be about In Production trucks. These are trucks that have the best chances of SCS modeling them and/or already in the process of modeling them. This poll is about the current model roster manufacturers have on their websites. This is also a gas powered thread (for now). Unfortunately that means some models from the old poll will not make it to this one considering they were discontinued by the manufacturers and no longer on their websites. There is an Out of Production truck thread (link in my signature) for the purposes that this thread does not serve. If SCS ever gets us any model from the Out of Production thread.............we are in business. That means that list not only gets updated, but it indicates that SCS has solid interest and the capacity to go beyond In Production trucks.

The sad part is that trucks like the FL 122SD and the WS 4900 are in an overlap. They will be missing from both polls. The old Cascadia is already in the Out of Production poll so we have it at least. The Out of Production thread was started before some models got shelved. This new poll is about models not hitting the shelf. So we'll have to bank on SCS either getting licenses before they hit the shelf for the 122SD and the 4900. Or if SCS just has interest and going after those recently removed to out of production. The chances for the 4900 are quite high in many of our minds with the release of the 5700XE Jan 31st (yesterday). It shares a lot with the 5700XE. Not to mention the 4900 was the WS flagship for decades. Lets hope we get that legend despite not being on a poll.

So lets get this party started for the new poll. We do know about the New VNL coming of course. But what we don't know is when. There could be a model slip in before it. The Anthem slipped in between the Lonestar and the new Cascadia when people assumed the Cascadia had to be next. Many of us were wrong. So the 2018 VNL will be part of this poll after all. We do know that this poll will get reset this year more than likely once the new VNL arrives. That is when new models can get added or removed from this poll based on manufacturers. There is a new truck getting revealed today and its either a facelift or a new model. I'll reset today if it turns out to be.............something to add to the poll asap.
Last edited by flight50 on 19 Dec 2023 20:44, edited 5 times in total.
Aziz

Re: Next In-Production ATS truck speculation

#2 Post by Aziz » 01 Feb 2023 14:42

I have no idea, I just picked whichever name sounded nicely. Maybe one day I'll have a worthy replacement for my current kenworth.
axl135

#3 Post by axl135 » 01 Feb 2023 14:47

Since all I have to go on are SCS blogs, my vote goes to the 2018 VNL, T680 NG, 579 NG, and W990. I have no idea if they have any
other makes and models in the works.
Sara

#4 Post by Sara » 01 Feb 2023 15:59

I think the VNL will be the next one, by my own guess, though, come to think about it, What difference is between the VNL and the VNR, since they sort of look the same.
harishw8r

#5 Post by harishw8r » 01 Feb 2023 16:03

I’m speculating Pinnacle next, followed by VNL.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 01 Feb 2023 16:15

Sara wrote: 01 Feb 2023 15:59 I think the VNL will be the next one, by my own guess, though, come to think about it, What difference is between the VNL and the VNR, since they sort of look the same.
You are correct. They all look the same but I'm sure they have some spec differences like in motor, rear differential and maybe transmission. I'm not sure on interior or anything really, just guesses. But the VNR is geared towards regional trucking. Hence the "R". The VNX is geared towards heavy duty. And then of course the VNL is long haul/OTR.

The VNR/VNX is probably the easiest truck ever for SCS to make because they are almost exact copies of what they derive from.
JninFS

#7 Post by JninFS » 01 Feb 2023 16:24

I think it would be a better idea to pick year and base the thread polls and discussion title off that, say a 2018 and before truck thread, and a 2019 and after truck thread. Would resolve the issue of 122SD & 4900, or indeed any other trucks in the future that potentially get discontinued. Personally I think the 5700XE's enough evidence that trucks discontinued after they've got licensing in place is completely fair game for SCS. I see no reason the 4900 at the very least isn't gonna make it in, it does exist in SnowRunner, and it's a way older version than the one SCS would want at that. And I think SCS will have plenty of time for it, doubt Western Star are gonna be doing new highway trucks for another half a decade. between the 49x & 57x I think they have all their bases covered.
Sara

#8 Post by Sara » 01 Feb 2023 16:25

Ooooh, I guess the specs would have to be different if they are designed to be used differently. Something like how the FM and FH look the same also, but are designed with different specs for different purposes.
flight50

#9 Post by flight50 » 01 Feb 2023 17:28

JninFS wrote: 01 Feb 2023 16:24 I think it would be a better idea to pick year and base the thread polls and discussion title off that, say a 2018 and before truck thread, and a 2019 and after truck thread.
That's too many threads to keep up with though. They'd get lost wayyy to easy. Solid chance a moderator would merge them anyways. Its easier to just put the year model as part of the poll instead. Either a truck is in production or its out of production. That keeps it pretty simple. There's 2 threads covering both.
JninFS

#10 Post by JninFS » 01 Feb 2023 18:17

flight50 wrote: 01 Feb 2023 17:28
JninFS wrote: 01 Feb 2023 16:24 I think it would be a better idea to pick year and base the thread polls and discussion title off that, say a 2018 and before truck thread, and a 2019 and after truck thread.
That's too many threads to keep up with though. They'd get lost wayyy to easy. Solid chance a moderator would merge them anyways. Its easier to just put the year model as part of the poll instead. Either a truck is in production or its out of production. That keeps it pretty simple. There's 2 threads covering both.
That's what I meant, I was referring to just renaming the thread and/or poll, not making entirely new ones.

Return to “General discussion about the game”