Texture issues with Texas

deltapooh

Texture issues with Texas

#1 Post by deltapooh » 02 Feb 2023 01:51

I am getting this annoying issues with the concrete textures with Texas. I don't see it happening in California. It's not limited to night. Deactivated mods and the problem persisted. Any help is appreciated.
jarryed

Re: Texture issues with Texas

#2 Post by jarryed » 02 Feb 2023 04:05

You show no images or even explain what the issue is besides something with concrete textures....so no one can help you until more information is provided.

Deactivating mods does not always work either. It is always best to start a new profile or have one that has never had mods on it so you can troubleshoot on your own.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
deltapooh

#3 Post by deltapooh » 02 Feb 2023 20:36

I apologize. I thought I attached a photo with my post. I attempted the deactivating mods and starting with a new profile to see if that would resolve the issue. It didn't. I also adjusted my graphics settings, which are usually set to high with scaling at 300% and shadows at medium. These also didn't resolve the issue. The issue isn't limited to the time in the game. The textures become normal up close. The problem is everywhere now. Last night, I didn't see a problem in California. Now I see it in every state.

https://ibb.co/Lr7Z78G
jarryed

#4 Post by jarryed » 02 Feb 2023 21:48

That could be caused by a number of things. If concrete is still doing that on a never had mods on it profile then you should start looking at your hardware.

Just tossing a few ideas out there:

Outdated video card drivers
Overheating of components(cpu, gpu)
Overclocked video card - this game does not do well with overclocks to be honest.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
PBandJ

#5 Post by PBandJ » 02 Feb 2023 22:49

You can create multiple profiles, so I would create another profile and leave it fully vanilla and see if you have that issue still. There is a possibility that even with the mod deactivated that it can still affect the profile. Then if the true vanilla profile has the issue then what Jarryed says about possible hardware issues is a good place to start. But I would do the new profile first, could save a lot of time.
deltapooh

#6 Post by deltapooh » 03 Feb 2023 18:19

Thanks for the advice. I think removing some very old mods (dating back to 2017) resolved the issue. It's not happening any more. It's been a long time since I even looked in the ..../Documents/American Truck Simulator/mods folder.

Return to “Technical Problems”