Tobii eyetracker 5c problem.

AlabamaCowboy

Tobii eyetracker 5c problem.

#1 Post by AlabamaCowboy » 03 Feb 2023 08:22

When using my 5c in ATS it works perfectly. In ETS 2 i can not drive at all, due to it
flickering, lagging and having what i can only describe as fast waving lines, across the screen.
I have the same setting's on both ATS and ETS, and have tried different ones. The drivers are up to date.
I have been in touch with tobii who did a remote session on my PC, the tracker has no problem with it.
I was wondering if anyone at SCS might have a answer to this. The problem is making the game unplayable.
It is just strange that it only happens in ETS 2.
Thank you.
avenger

Re: Tobii eyetracker 5c problem.

#2 Post by avenger » 07 Feb 2023 14:32

Have you tried a clean run in the game? Disabling all mods (running in "safe mode"), and -also- verifying installation integrity? I'm amazed how many times it just happens that some file gets corrupted, the game chews it in, and the results are the most random and unexplainable ones (like yours, it seems). I don't own a tobii system but I seen an youtuber use it with ETS2 without issues. I believe it is a 5c they use.
AlabamaCowboy

#3 Post by AlabamaCowboy » 08 Feb 2023 21:04

Hi avenger.
Sorry i did not reply sooner.
I have run a clean profile, and also verified the game files, unistalled the gameand reinstalled it.
unistalled the 5c reinstalled with new drivers. I am now back and forward with SCS, as tobii say the tracker is working fine.
It is still running ith no problem in ATS.
I shall keep trying. If it gets sorted i will let you know.
Cheers.
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 08 Feb 2023 21:53

Try copying your config files from ATS to ETS2 (back up the ETS2 ones first).
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
AlabamaCowboy

#5 Post by AlabamaCowboy » 09 Feb 2023 15:52

Worth a try, Madkine. Unfortunately no difference. I think it is down to SCS now.
They are looking into it, for me.
Cheers.
PuffeB

#6 Post by PuffeB » 11 Mar 2023 00:15

AlabamaCowboy wrote: 03 Feb 2023 08:22 When using my 5c in ATS it works perfectly. In ETS 2 i can not drive at all, due to it
flickering, lagging and having what i can only describe as fast waving lines, across the screen.
I have the same setting's on both ATS and ETS, and have tried different ones. The drivers are up to date.
I have been in touch with tobii who did a remote session on my PC, the tracker has no problem with it.
I was wondering if anyone at SCS might have a answer to this. The problem is making the game unplayable.
It is just strange that it only happens in ETS 2.
Thank you.
I've got the same problem - extremely annoying :-(
PuffeB

#7 Post by PuffeB » 11 Mar 2023 19:16

My problems with Eye Tracker 5 seems to be solved. I tested it today in ETS and ATS and I have no lagging and slow movements - nice!
I downloaded the app and drivers from the Tobii website and reinstalled. I really don't know if that solved the problem or if it was some update from SCS/Steam.

Return to “Technical Problems”