How to make changable skin for trucks?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
cHaoss

How to make changable skin for trucks?

#1 Post by cHaoss » 08 Feb 2023 13:28

Hello can someone help me explain how to make skin for my truck where i can change selected colors to whatever i want to .i saw some unclear tutorials on youtube but it didnt help i did my skin in RGB colors and backround(some parts of truck) in black , once i load it into the game i dont see how to change colors . can some good soul explain me the proces what shall be done to get me where i want step by step.

Moved to help requests as this is not a mod release
m1keY

Re: How to make changable skin for trucks?

#2 Post by m1keY » 10 Feb 2023 16:06

so called Masked skin .... did you have proper definitions made for it ?

extracting basecontent might give you some ideas, not sure which tutorial you watched, a lot of them out there...youtube and other places...various quality
here's a link to one of them, explaining why you can't have certain graphics togehter with masked option
https://youtu.be/hEwTrGXb30g

Return to “Help requests”