When will SCS fix its MAP ISSUES?

Max
SCS Software

Re: When will SCS fix its MAP ISSUES?

#11 Post by Max » 18 Feb 2023 15:28

btw, i'm quite convinced that even with those glitches you can discover 100% without "cheating".
it is still rounded to two decimal places, so once less then 0.005% is missing, it is written as 100% (much like in ETS).
and if you are missing more than 0.005% you are missing lot more than some glitched places.

any report about such places is welcomed, though.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Tomsun

#12 Post by Tomsun » 26 Feb 2023 05:35

Sorry Max, for the late reply
perhaps you should also read this thread viewtopic.php?t=307934&hilit=map+exploration&start=20

To be honest your answer is somehow more in the category "prefer strong assumption over a weak proof"

Even the posters in the other thread claiming to have reached 100% once in the past, say they used teleporting

One of them has written a python script extracting the open pieces, and others examining the open pieces say they look like broken parts , SO TINY NOT EVEN SHOWING UP in le largest Magnify, they used mods like undiscovered roads, and they stuck at 99,99%. I will see if i have a save around 99,70%, they you can show that is easily achievable without any change to stock settings (e.g. teleporting)
Max
SCS Software

#13 Post by Max » 26 Feb 2023 08:45

i read the thread and i have my own script for checking unexplored parts of map .. :)
back in time i made analyses of "cannot explore 100%" reports many times and althout there is margin of glitched places in map (which we are fixing continually) every single time it showed that there were other forgotten pieces that made majority of missing segments.

truth is that based on that fact i did not tried such analaysis in last year(s). it would be fair to create new profile and just check how many percent could be reached, but its immensely time consuming.
could you send me reasonably clean profile with savegame where you have explored everything you can without teleport?
(by resonably clean i mean currently unmodded profile that did not met mods, hacks and cheats that might interfere with map in way that affects exploration process even in past)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Steve Pitts

#14 Post by Steve Pitts » 27 Feb 2023 08:57

Max wrote: 18 Feb 2023 15:28 any report about such places is welcomed, though.
Do you need sector details (or UIDs) for such a report though? I'm still a long way shy of 100% with Texas (96.93% with at least 40 jobs still required as I have 79 prefabs left to visit) and since I play without the console all I can offer are screenshots with up close views of items that cannot be reached and associated map screen shots showing the wider locale. I'd hate to spend a raft of time creating reports for each if that information was insufficient.
Cheers, Steve
Max
SCS Software

#15 Post by Max » 27 Feb 2023 14:58

basically, we need to know what is wrong and where.
UID is good, coordinates of item are good, rough coordinates with description are good, rough coordinates with screenshot or any other similar localization of the issue might help as well.
on the other hand, i can't assure that our QA will have capacity to process every report we can get if there will be too many of them ... :)
Steve Pitts

#16 Post by Steve Pitts » 27 Feb 2023 16:07

Understood Max, I have thus far found 15 different locations in Texas that I cannot discover by driving 'normally', for which I have at least two screenshots related to each. I will raise bug reports for a couple of the more egregious examples and we'll see how it goes.
Cheers, Steve
Tomsun

#17 Post by Tomsun » 27 Feb 2023 20:01

Hello Max i will try to find and old game (before i started teleporting beyond barriers, into buildings and on tops of filling stations.

The mods i used were Promods canada (which i disabled for the exploration, but it was installed before and discovered (almost?))
and a mod for highlighting undiscovered areas.
And a fullscreen Map-mod.

If this does not interfere i will try to find that profile and check it if it is far enough

As i understand right hidden roads and scenery points are not calculated into the exploration status.

My impression is that in Texas are more undiscoverable areas than in the other DLCs.

And my fear is zhat everything you will find is so small that even in highest magnification it is not visible on the map.

So job is understood i try digging in my files.
Steve Pitts

#18 Post by Steve Pitts » 28 Feb 2023 09:38

Tomsun wrote: 26 Feb 2023 05:35Even the posters in the other thread claiming to have reached 100% once in the past, say they used teleporting
I may be misinterpreting your statement, but I reached 100% without Texas and without teleporting (see viewtopic.php?p=1765177#p1765177 for the gory details). However, I'm not sure I've encountered anyone (here or on Steam) claiming 100% with Texas but without some mechanism for bypassing the barriers, either via a mod or teleporting.
Tomsun wrote: 27 Feb 2023 20:01As i understand right hidden roads and scenery points are not calculated into the exploration status
The only map items that count towards discovery (so Max has told us in the past) are roads and prefabs. Secret roads definitely don't but you can have significant visible grey areas (using the default map colours) that don't count towards discovery either, as there are map area items that can be discovered (and thus change colour) but which don't count. You don't necessarily need to discover viewpoints, but some may have prefabs underneath them that need to be visited (but they may have map area items or nothing at all).
Tomsun wrote: 27 Feb 2023 20:01My impression is that in Texas are more undiscoverable areas than in the other DLCs
I would concur with that. Ignoring the truck service building prefabs (nm_118, of which there are nine outside TX and two more within it) that don't show up on the map but look like they affect the percentage, I see at least three times as many problem items in Texas than the five I see outside (in three different locations).
Cheers, Steve
Tomsun

#19 Post by Tomsun » 14 Mar 2023 22:03

@Max so i found a savefile where i definitely teleported behind barriers, it took some time and i drove it until 99,99% plus 5 items, every red part (in the mod showing unexplored bits red) shown in the map is so far beyond barriers, or in buildings, or does not reveal (i made reports via F11 for each). Short summary: until 99,95% easily achievable, from there its no real fun. I used a quite big monitor and resolution (3440*1440 on 34") which helps a bit to find the pieces. Even in highest magnification i do not find any pieces shown up as unexplored which are reachable. According to your assumption there should be plenty left even at 100% due to round up, i do not find it.
The requirement should be:
1. visible (even on a 720p or 1080p monitor)
2. reachable (without tweaks and hacks, in standard configuaration)
3. explorable (should be unexplored and then toggle to explored)
4. i don't know if there is another requirement, if someone has an idea, feel free

What file do you need to make your examinations?
Perhaps it would be a good idea to share the results (i would prefer per each DLC and Basemap)
Some of the pieces are in quite old areas, perhaps due to modified assets.

Significant types of unexplorable items are:
Weightstations (part is in the building)
Bridges (the part is over the street which is not reachable) (e.g. roadring east of Dallas)
Roofs of fillingsstations
roadends behind barrier (West of Amarillo)
Parts in buildings (e.g. Walbert in Dallas)
Not revealing street (e.g. Sheridan)

@Steve if i remember right, in the very early time of ATS it was possible to achieve the 100% even with some unexplored pieces left over.
With all DLCs it seems to be impossible (whereas it should be easier as real 100% in some DLCs should allow less than 99,995% in other DLCs).
so my impression is that probably in Texas (the latest and the by far biggest DLC) more glitches are left. I hope the reports will find their way into the maturation of the DLCs, and not that the reports are just filed.
Is there a HowTo to extract the unexplored counting parts from the savegame?

Happy Trucking

Thomas
MT269

#20 Post by MT269 » 16 Mar 2023 03:17

Regarding glitches, I have not found a way to discover all rest stops in the NM DLC. Stuck on 21/22. Anyone found a work around that doesn't involve hacking the game essentially?

If it is resolveable, then I will keep it in mind if I ever play the game next. Currently 5/6 servos bare that name starting with A, and ending with N. Had a gutful of it. If they reduced the quantity, and (fat chance) actually introduced a few additional brands into the game, then I'd probably give it a go.

Sort of curious as to what the OK DLC will be like. But if it's littered with 100+ examples of this service station, then no deal.

Return to “General discussion about the game”