When will SCS fix its MAP ISSUES?

Tomsun

When will SCS fix its MAP ISSUES?

#1 Post by Tomsun » 17 Feb 2023 08:05

For the users its very annoying if there are impossible achievements.

i talk there in specific about the 100% map discovery.

This has to be achieved WITHOUT cheating (no teleporting onto roofs of gasstations, no teleporting behind road barriers, no teleporting into building, no need to use additional mods to show the tiniest pieces of a curve you drove 1000 times, and there is still a grain of corn not touched, no unrevealed pieces that are not shown on the map, no need to extract info data from the autosave), no NOT revealing parts of the road.

My impression is thats mgonna much worse since the Texas DLC, perhaps the round up should not be with 99,995% but probably with 99,95%.

All the people achieved the medal with the Texas DLC have cheated in one of the above mentioned way. And they had to cheat because of the flaws of the MAP, where some exist since years, but is more important todo a valentines event instead of doing the homework.

Since the mapmods of the community also have flaws, its not working to add additional mapspace and reduce the influence of SCS-part.

I urge SCS to fix that map issues , which are known for a long time (and if there are list in the forums about fillingstation roofs to fly on, Building to teleport in, Barriers to overcome, THERE IS NO ARGUMENTATION you never heard of such problems)

In ther base configuration of the SIM There is no teleporting activated, the achievements have to be possible in BASE CONFIGURATION.
Last edited by Tomsun on 17 Feb 2023 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
nautofon

Re: When will SCS fix its MAP ISSUES?

#2 Post by nautofon » 17 Feb 2023 08:18

Which achievement, specifically, would currently be impossible to obtain, in your opinion?

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/270880/achievements/
Tomsun

#3 Post by Tomsun » 17 Feb 2023 08:25

I wrote above the 100% MapDiscovery in ATS als DLCs WITHOUT Cheating

The persons allready made this done this time ago, or cheated in various ways as the describe themselves (e.g. teleporting onto roofs of fillingstations, very realistic i see every day dozems of trucks teleported onto the roofs of fillingstations etc.) they extracted files to find the slightest pieces not discovered, roads that do not discover even if you drive a hundred times over.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Feb 2023 08:26

ATS has no achievement to explore 100% of the map
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Sara

#5 Post by Sara » 17 Feb 2023 14:18

There isn't any impossible achievements in ATS, as far as I'm aware.
JoeAlex23

#6 Post by JoeAlex23 » 17 Feb 2023 15:56

As others have said, there is no 100% map exploration achievement for ATS, doing 100% map exploration in ATS has always been just a personal goal and SCS has no need to do anything with it, all we can do is report those areas that we can only access by teleporting and hope they fix it eventually.

In ETS2 you can reach 100% map exploration in the base map without cheating, it's quite easy, and as far as i remember, 99.995% triggers the achievement in ETS2.
nautofon

#7 Post by nautofon » 17 Feb 2023 17:05

The "make the map appear as discovered" mod by Glutinous Rice may help those who can't stand to see parts of the map colored in gray. It basically makes all roads yellow. The displayed percentage stays the same though.

Glutinous Rice on trucksimulator.wiki.gg / Glutinous Rice on truck-simulator.fandom.com
Tomsun

#8 Post by Tomsun » 18 Feb 2023 06:02

JoeAlex23 wrote: 17 Feb 2023 15:56 As others have said, there is no 100% map exploration achievement for ATS, doing 100% map exploration in ATS has always been just a personal goal and SCS has no need to do anything with it, all we can do is report those areas that we can only access by teleporting and hope they fix it eventually.

In ETS2 you can reach 100% map exploration in the base map without cheating, it's quite easy, and as far as i remember, 99.995% triggers the achievement in ETS2.
o.k. i got it in ATS, opposite to ETS2 there is not the Achievement 100% of the MAP (i was most of the time on ETS2, perhaps thats why i was triggered on that topic), my impression ist that most of glitches are now in Texas DLC. And you could also achieve the 100% with all DLC in ETS2 (i used teleporting but not to go beyond bounderies only to avoid hundreds of miles driving), but there are also undiscoverable point in ETS2. Does SCS fix reported glitches, my impression is i see the same glitches like years ago, and if an area is reworked i see other glitches (mostly not better than the old ones).
Madkine
Global moderator

#9 Post by Madkine » 18 Feb 2023 10:51

We've seen a number of these glitches fixed over the years after they've been reported as bugs. (Often not quickly though.)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Tomsun

#10 Post by Tomsun » 18 Feb 2023 13:23

Fits somehow together with the impression that most of the glitches seems to be in the Texas DLC.

Return to “General discussion about the game”